Home

Bill Abner's All-American Sliders

This is a discussion on Bill Abner's All-American Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2005, 03:31 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Re: Bill Abner's All-American Sliders

Hey bill do you play dynasty mode yet? If so do the cpu teams have injuries even if you turn them off?
Old 07-11-2005, 03:41 PM   #34
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Bill Abner's All-American Sliders

Anyone have some results to post for these updated sliders???
Old 07-11-2005, 06:20 PM   #35
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportGamer24
Anyone have some results to post for these updated sliders???
I will be playing Purdue tonight in my Akron Dynasty. Baylor beat me up pretty good so I'm looking to get schooled.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2005, 06:22 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
Just like FF, last night I went back to AA lvl and it's where I am going to stay. As I ride off into the Slider Sunset, this is the scheme I am using for my Dynasty. I started an Akron Dynasty last night and lost to Baylor 35-17; I threw 2 picks, both of which led to Baylor scores, which ended up being the difference in the game. Akron's defense is not very good, which I learned last night.

Stats were:
Akron QB: 13/30 202 yds 0/2. (I was 13/25 but was forced to pass late and started to pile up incompletions)
Baylor: 18/30 245 2/1
Akron HB: 17/108
Baylor: 23/169 (he broke a 60 yarder which skews this a bit)

Codes:
Offense: FNXtEHc2
Defense: sTBfBPp3
ST: See Below

I switch back to Heisman lvl when kicking FGs because I feel it's too easy to kick on AA. I also advise switching to Heisman when kicking to the CPU otherwise it will never return the ball well against you.

Slider numbers:

Human O

Human D

Off CPU

DEF CPU

These sliders are heavily favored for the CPU so if you are playing on AA lvl and enjoying it, there's no reason to switch to these. I have a house rule that allows me to throw a fly pattern only 4 times per game (unless I need a Hail Mary). In my Baylor game I threw 4 deep streaks and 1 was grabbed for 48 yds, 1 was incomplete, 1 was picked off, and the other the CB was flaggeed for PI. If you feel the deep passing is fine in the game, ignore this and let 'er fly.

Bill you aren't making sense. You were not very successful throwing deep but you hold yourself to just four attempts a game. It just doesn't make sense.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:29 PM   #37
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Hokie
Bill you aren't making sense. You were not very successful throwing deep but you hold yourself to just four attempts a game. It just doesn't make sense.
It makes perfect sense to me. 4 passes is a very small sample. If I don't limit myself to that and throw deep at will, I'll throw for 500 yards, guaranteed. As I have said about 100 times now, the deep fly pattern is not a money play in that it's going to be completed every time you throw it. But if you throw it enough when the CPU isn't neccessarily expecting a pass you will throw for an insane number of yards. I threw for 536 yards with friggin Air Force for crying out loud. I personally don't want to throw for several hundred yards game in and game out because it saps the fun out of the game.

Edit: Case in point, I threw for 202 yards against Baylor and went deep 4 times. I would bet my life on the fact that if I went deep 12 more times, at least 5 of them would have been completed for about 40 yards each. So at the very minimum I'd have tallied 500 yards.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com

Last edited by Bill_Abner; 07-11-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:39 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
It makes perfect sense to me. 4 passes is a very small sample. If I don't limit myself to that and throw deep at will, I'll throw for 500 yards, guaranteed. As I have said about 100 times now, the deep fly pattern is not a money play in that it's going to be completed every time you throw it. But if you throw it enough when the CPU isn't neccessarily expecting a pass you will throw for an insane number of yards. I threw for 536 yards with friggin Air Force for crying out loud. I personally don't want to throw for several hundred yards game in and game out because it saps the fun out of the game.

Edit: Case in point, I threw for 202 yards against Baylor and went deep 4 times. I would bet my life on the fact that if I went deep 12 more times, at least 5 of them would have been completed for about 40 yards each. So at the very minimum I'd have tallied 500 yards.
Bill I think you need to give in and adjust that defensive awar slider to about 50-55%. Just see how it works Bill.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »