Home

Bill's Heisman Sliders and House Rules

This is a discussion on Bill's Heisman Sliders and House Rules within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2005, 01:17 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Bill's Heisman Sliders and House Rules

I've been playing with Washington (either 86th or 89th overall) and I'm having rouble finding time in the pocket. Pressure from the D-Line has been KILLING me. I don't have more than 2-3 seconds to get rid of the ball. I am looking for more of a challenge though...so I'm gonna give your sliders a shot! Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2005, 07:47 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNLJ1981
I've been playing with Washington (either 86th or 89th overall) and I'm having rouble finding time in the pocket. Pressure from the D-Line has been KILLING me. I don't have more than 2-3 seconds to get rid of the ball. I am looking for more of a challenge though...so I'm gonna give your sliders a shot! Cheers.
Bill this is proof your sliders needed to be tested on a dynasty.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:00 AM   #67
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Hokie
Bill this is proof your sliders needed to be tested on a dynasty.
So you're telling me there's a difference between Exhibition and Dynasty? That would make zero sense.

Anyway, I'm about done slider tweaking and I think I am actually going to just go back to a heavily modified AA slider set and be done with it. I'm not having a lick of fun on Heisman and even if I can run the ball well on AA I was having more fun on that level. I started at Akron Dynasty last night on AA and lost to Baylor 35-17 and had a lot of fun using some basic house rules.

As for the pass rush, the sliders dont make a damn bit of difference (the pass block one). In earlier posts of mine (back in the AA thread) the pass rush was a factor. Recently on Heisman, it hasn't been unless the CPU blitzes or I rollout. What that means I have no idea, but my last Heisman game (not practice, but a real game) had the Air Force Oline (which sucks at pass blocking) holding off NC State's Dline (which is very good) pass rush with the pass block slider at 0. I suffered zero sacks. That's all the 'proof' I need that something isn't right. Shouldn't an NC State DE get past my OT ONE time and force me to run or take a sack? Just once? Sure if I sit back and wait 3-5 seconds the Dline will eventually get to me. But I ALWAYS have enough time to throw deep if I want to--100% always, unless they blitz or I rollout of the pocket. There has not been ONE instance when an OT was beat off the snap or used a swim move to get to the QB in less than 3 seconds. It's not that the Dline will never get to the QB it's that it takes them too long to do it.

Oddly enough, the pass rush on AA lvl seems much more potent. I have no idea why.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 07-11-2005, 10:02 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
So you're telling me there's a difference between Exhibition and Dynasty? That would make zero sense.

Anyway, I'm about done slider tweaking and I think I am actually going to just go back to a heavily modified AA slider set and be done with it. I'm not having a lick of fun on Heisman and even if I can run the ball well on AA I was having more fun on that level. I started at Akron Dynasty last night on AA and lost to Baylor 35-17 and had a lot of fun using some basic house rules.

As for the pass rush, the sliders dont make a damn bit of difference (the pass block one). In earlier posts of mine (back in the AA thread) the pass rush was a factor. Recently on Heisman, it hasn't been unless the CPU blitzes or I rollout. What that means I have no idea, but my last Heisman game (not practice, but a real game) had the Air Force Oline (which sucks at pass blocking) holding off NC State's Dline (which is very good) pass rush with the pass block slider at 0. I suffered zero sacks. That's all the 'proof' I need that something isn't right. Shouldn't an NC State DE get past my OT ONE time and force me to run or take a sack? Just once? Sure if I sit back and wait 3-5 seconds the Dline will eventually get to me. But I ALWAYS have enough time to throw deep if I want to--100% always, unless they blitz or I rollout of the pocket. There has not been ONE instance when an OT was beat off the snap or used a swim move to get to the QB in less than 3 seconds. It's not that the Dline will never get to the QB it's that it takes them too long to do it.

Oddly enough, the pass rush on AA lvl seems much more potent. I have no idea why.
Bill give Auburn Alums sliders a shot a see what you think. Those guys seem to be getting terrific results with them. Try them on a dynasty. Hope you are not getting frustrated.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:17 AM   #69
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Hokie
Bill give Auburn Alums sliders a shot a see what you think. Those guys seem to be getting terrific results with them. Try them on a dynasty. Hope you are not getting frustrated.
Not frustrated, just annoyed. (Not with you guys, but with the game)

In looking at AA's sliders:

Offense

QB Acc H-50 C-85
Pass Block H-85 C-15
Catch H-99 C-99

**With the Human Accuracy and WR catching that high (50%/99%) it's going to be, for me, way too easy to throw deep. Hell I was at 30%/30% before I started seeing a difference.

Defense

Awareness H-30 C-40
Knockdowns H-50 C-60

I had CPU defense at 45% and you said it was too low. I also had CPU knockdowns at 99%. I'm not trying to slam AA's sliders by any means it's just that it's going to be extremely tough to 'fix' the fly pattern issue with sliders without messing up the short passing game. In looking at these sliders I can see how it's playing extremely well except for the deep ball.

This is why I am going back to AA. I'm tired of messing with sliders 12 hours a day rather than just playing the game. I had plenty of fun last night before going to bed playing on AA lvl, losing 35-17. The CPU can w/o question move the ball on AA lvl and I can limit the number of times I try to do 40 yards downfield. That's the only way I'm going to be able to enjoy it.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:47 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 7

Bill,

Im playing on AA, and still tweaking. Im gaining a bit too much running, and suffering some passing problems. I recently trashed BYU, and got trashed by Tennessee. Im getting there though. Im dialing it in.

Dont you get pressured on PA at all? Im being sacked 1-3 times per game, and at least 1 of those are on PA plays where my qb is turning around to look downfield and some d-lineman is on top of me. Even when Im not sacked, Im pressured probably 5-6 times, enough that I heave up a prayer to the wrong guy and bad things happen.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #71
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver540i
Bill,

Im playing on AA, and still tweaking. Im gaining a bit too much running, and suffering some passing problems. I recently trashed BYU, and got trashed by Tennessee. Im getting there though. Im dialing it in.

Dont you get pressured on PA at all? Im being sacked 1-3 times per game, and at least 1 of those are on PA plays where my qb is turning around to look downfield and some d-lineman is on top of me. Even when Im not sacked, Im pressured probably 5-6 times, enough that I heave up a prayer to the wrong guy and bad things happen.
silver I dunno what it is man. I seem to be the only guy not seeing a mean CPU Dline pass rush. I do think the rush is better on AA lvl which makes absolutely no sense to me lol. I'll see how my Akron Dynasty plays out, but Baylor sacked me once last night but it was a coverage sack and I held onto the ball too long.

I have human running at 45% and run block at either 5 or 10% (forget which) with CPU break block pretty high and I think I ran for 125 yards last night with Akron.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #72
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8

So back to AA? Bill any chance you can summarize your pros and cons for AA and for Heisman? Much appreciated.

I'm dying to start a dynasty, but I want to make sure I'm using the most realistic sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »