Home

Playmakers AA/Heisman combo Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers AA/Heisman combo Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 05:51 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon9 Re: Playmakers AA/Heisman combo Sliders

Just played a game with these sliders. It didn't quite do it for me.
I was Tennesse @ Iowa.
Tenn 59
Iowa 12
That about sums it up
Old 07-14-2005, 06:27 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Playmakers AA/Heisman combo Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by macatak911
sorry if this is a ******** question but where are your new set?

It's titled EA player ratings or something like that on the boards. I play exclusively with one of those two sets I posted.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:44 PM   #19
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Playmaker,

if ya use the sets in the other thread, why did ya make a new thread with new sliders?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-14-2005, 11:14 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Playmaker,

if ya use the sets in the other thread, why did ya make a new thread with new sliders?

Ok let me say that this thread was the first thread I start. I used these sliders for awhile but then I realized everything just felt unbalanced and not as fluid as i wanted it.

So, I blew up my SLIDERS (THESE) and started from scratch. The other thread is something that I've been doing even in NCAA 2004/2005. I just couldn't get everything balanced right because EA only gave a 1-20 # scale on sliders. It didn't allow much flexibility. Then I said FUCH it I"m going to take a shot with an original idea I"ve always had which consist of on AA level the Human player and the CPU are considered equal. However if you go down one level to varisty Human has an edge by 25% and if you go up to Heisman then the CPU has an advantage by 25%.

So, I said with the new sliders it finally allowed me to go by my guess and bingo I set mostly everything up to reflect a 25% advantage for the CPU on AA level accept for QB, RB and WR. That was my own gut feeling that with EA implementing the new IMPACT players feature I wanted to see these guy's perform at their actual in game ratings without boosting them up with slidiers. I tested this for like 24 hours non-stop and BAM I found out that all skill posistion players if you leave them at 50% will play as close to possible to their actual ratings. On defense if you leave AWR at 50% for CPU then the best players will step up and the lower rated players will perform poorly.

If you go by that strategy and you controll a team with poor DB's then it's up to you to call smart plays to protect them in coverage. Don't try and make them do things that their actual ratings in the game don't allow. I play 85% zone in this game if my secondary sucks. I force the CPU to dink and dunk until their QB makes a mistake and forces something into coverage. If you leave them (QB's) at 50% then you'll see lower rated QB's will crack at some point in a game while a guy like Liehart could go 8/10 before you know what hit you.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:11 AM   #21
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

ahh ok

so you do use the sliders in the other thread.

thxs for the response!!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 10:08 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

I like these sliders. I played as Maryland (B) against Arkansas State (B-) and got beat 31-23. STATS:
Maryland Passing-9-26-0, 204 YDS, 4 INTs
Ark.State Passing-7-14-2, 171 YDS, 1 INT
Maryland Rushing-HB-28-151-3TDS LONG-32 YDS
Ark.State Rushing-HB-22-103-1TD LONG-54 YD TD
FB-2-12-1TD
Maryland Recieving-WR-2-53, WR-1-44, HB-4-46, TE-1-32, TE-1-29
Ark.State Recieving-4-148-2 TDs

Ark. States' WR#10, their #4 reciever on the depth chart, started as the #2 reciever the entire game and burnt me early on TD passes of 80 and 16 yards. I did a pretty good job on their impact RB, but the 54 YD TD run that put them up 21-3 spelled blowout. I scored 3 of the next 4 TDS on HB runs of 2, 7, and 14 YDS. An 11 yard run by their FB (which totally fooled me) put them up 28-16 with 3:52 left in the game. I made several mistakes in the passing game, including throwing while not setting myself, and forcing passes. IMO these are the best sliders to date.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:28 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

By the way, Ark.State's impact SS totally neutralized my impact TE, some of it my fault, some of it the great play of their guy.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:04 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

These are the sliders i am currently using which are based off of playmakers who has done the best job yet on the sliders this year
these make scoring a bit more realistic in my opinion and cut down on the big plays
H/C
QB ACC 0/50 Must throw shorter passes to keep %
Pass Blk 75/99 Sacks arent as frequent as people think
Wr Cth 50/50
Rb Abil 50/50 I hate taking away players speed
Run Blk 25/95

Awr 40/75
Knckdwn 50/75
Int 0/50 Still get 1 or 2 a game at zero
Brk Blk 90/100
Tackle 60/100

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »