Home

Playmakers AA/Heisman combo Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers AA/Heisman combo Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2005, 06:02 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Playmakers AA/Heisman combo Sliders

This is what I've come up with so far. I want to leave the big play ability in the game yet still make it difficult to complete a high # of deep passess. I wanted to keep Human players as close as possible to their actual ratings and since AWR doesn't play much of a factor for Human QB & RB they are at the lowest setting because I believe you control what they do on the field more than any other player.

I wanted the human player to be patient in the running game and work underneath routes in the passing game. I expect low level teams to get abused, average level teams to put up a decent fight and above average teams to bring the wood. This are in early stages but they should be a solid base to start with for stiff competition right away. The CPU's running game is favored heavily because I believe as the user adjust to the game with further play it becomes easier to shutdown the CPU's rushing attack. Good defensive teams should still perform well but if you are taking a lower rated defense it could be tough early on.

LEVEL AA WITH A HEISMAN FEEL BY CPU DEFENSE

All Udated Slider CODES will be put here:

New Codes as of 07/13/05

OFFENSE-(MwxVeZX3)

DEFENSE-(xAF7kY13) Next to the last number is either an L or 1

9 MINUTE QTR'S
SUB IN/SUB OUT-85/80

ALL PENALTIES MAXED ACCEPT UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT (DEFAULT)

OFFENSE
HUMAN/CPU

QB ACC-30/75 (Should provide less QB ACC deep for Human)
PASS BLOCK-65/65 (I've given Human a little time in the pocket)
WR CATCH-55/75 (Human WR stays close to actual ratings)
RB ABLTY-40/70 (Reduces SPD & PWR for human RB yet still effective)
RUN BLK-40/75 (If CPU's OL is dominating up front decrease to 70)

DEFENSE
HUMAN/CPU

AWR-40/80 (Could also be 75 for CPU depending on your skill level)
KNDWS-10/70 (This could be at 85+ but vertical game is needed in college)
INT-30/75 (Balances out with Hum/CPU QB ACC Slider)
BRK BLK-60/70 (Balances out with Pass/Run BLK Sliders)
TKL-40/80 (RB ability Sliders on both sides favoring CPU heavily)

SPECIAL TEAMS

FG LENGTH-50/60
FG ACC-40/40
PNT LENGTH-45/55
PNT ACC-50/40
KO LENGTH-45/55

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-13-2005 at 02:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2005, 06:57 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Re: Playmakers AA/Heisman combo Sliders

Ok, I'm getting closer right now.

Quick recap of a 9 minute QTR game

Minnesota-20 at Texas-21 (Me)

They actually went on a 42 yd drive late in the game but they had no timeouts remaining and they got caught completing a pass over the middle at my 38 yd line with :04 seconds left and quicky tackled their Wr and time ran out on them. Unlike past years when the CPU that situation would chuck everything deep he actually worked underneath by COVER-2 defense hitting his IMPACT TE twice and later found his IMPACT RB on a screen pass that went for 12 yards before I decked his azz with a gang tackle.

I mainly wanted to test out the CPU and Human running game by upping CPU's sliders to 75/80 and dropping Human to 30/55 because I didn't want to have my OL become dumb so I decreased RB 1 click down. Don't worry about codes and things right now because I'm not done tweaking but I'm getting awfully close. I went up on the CPU's QB ACC to 80 and WR catch to 80.

Here's a quick STAT breakdown and for those guy's who think you can't get AA to perform at a high level you are kidding yourself. Slow down the human running game a bit and take away the deep ball high completion rate and you've got a battle on your hands.

Passing

Minnesota-QB #3 (15/27-217 yd's 2/2) His TD's were from 1 and 38 yards.
Texas-Vince Young (6/15-174 yd's 2/0) He was 2 of 8 throwing over 50 yd's

Rushing

Minnesota-RB #22 (23/110 yd's 4.7 avg) Longest run was for 15 yd's but he battled
Texas-RB #22 (35/155 yd's, 4.4 avg 1-TD) My long was 18 yards

Receiving

Minnesota-WR #83 (8-130 yd's, 2-TD's) Had a sweet back of the endzone grab
Texas-WR #4 (2-140 yd's 2-TD's) Both of his catches were deep in man coverage

But remember I attempted 8 shots for testing purposes and in a crowd he had 0.

DEFENSE

Minnesota-RE #48 (8-TKL's 1-Sck)
LE #90 (6-TKL's 1-SCK)
SS #8 (8-TKL's) He crowded the box because I kept running

Texas-SS #7 (8-Tkl's, 1-INT)
DT #90 (5-Tkl's, 1-Sck)
LOLB #49 (7-TKL's)

Quick update on my return game. I had 4 PNT returns for 47 yd's an 11.7 avg and my KO returns only had a long of 21 yard's on 5 returns. So, i was able so far to tone down the return game. I saw holes but the CPU closed them up in a hurry. I'm going to tweak just a little more but right now I'm happy because opportunities were there I just failed to take advantage. But overall good coverage by them down filed.

I'm going to update the codes on the front page to show which sliders this game was played with but these are still being tweaked for now as I continue to work on a few things for Human Offense.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:20 PM   #3
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

how are you playing 9 minute quarters? you must let the play clock run down all the way.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #4
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
how are you playing 9 minute quarters? you must let the play clock run down all the way.
I also play 9 minute quarters. I couldn't imagine playing any other way. I always let the cpu pick a play on offense before I select my play on defense unless the clock is stopped. Plus I always wait till 10 seconds or less are on the play clock when on offense before snapping.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:05 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup

Look at the passing and rushing yards you can get on 9 minute QTR's. If I go lower my #'s decline and the CPU seems to never run enough on 5-7 minute QTR's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 03:07 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Well I played USC in another game and quickly found out they are not Minnesota. I used Penn St and basically quit after the start of the 3rd qtr not because I was mad for getting smoked 34-0 at the time but because I've seen enough good thing from the CPU with these sliders to know that A+ teams are capable of giving you a beatdown.

On the opening drive R.Bush was shutdown early then on his 4th carry from scrimmage after I figured USC would just go away from him BAM he bounced outside on me stiffed armed my FS and coasted 48 YD's for TD. That gave USC a 7-0 lead. I moved the pretty good on my first drive but they forced a puntthen proceeded to go 9 plays for 39 yd's Bush had 23 on the ground and Leinart had a 15 yd completion to his TE on a crossing route. They settled for a 37 yd fg and a 10-0 lead to close out the 1st QTR.

In the 2nd QTR my RB #26 on his 3rd carry of the drive got smoked by a USC LB on an option play and he fumbled on my own 32 yd line. Bush was back at it again as he ripped off a 15 yd run but my Defense held up in the REDZONE getting a big sack from DE #55 who got to Leinhart from behind just as he was going to throw. They kicked another FG and led 13-0. On my next series I went Playaction with M.Robinson and hit WR #80 for a 43 yd gain inside the USC 40 yd line. But they busted up 2 running plays and their LB #45 sacked Robinson on 3rd down. I was pissed because I had my TE open in the flat all alone but the rush came too quick.

I held up pretty good on their next drive then as I got the ball back on my first play from scrimmage I wanted to audible but my WR didn't pick up the call. Thinking he was going to run the slant inside he ran outside and USC's CB #24 jumped the pass beat my RB down the sidelines and at about the 5 yd line the DICK HEAD started taunting as he walked into the endzone for a 26 yd return. It was 20-0 at that point and I was going to quit but I said fuch it let me get one more offensive possession. Well, I guess they were thinking the same thing because they marched 8 plays 66 yd's on me to start the 3rd QTR. By this time Leinhart was in a zone as he hit on 4 straight passes. I got a sack on him by #55 again but that little prick on the very next play lofted a 12 pass into the corner of the endzone to Wr #8 for another TD. My CB couldn't get up high enough to deflect the pass.....so I called it quits.

Here are some Half Game stats:

Passing

Penn St-Robinson-(5/11-77 yd's 1-INT)
USC-Leinhart-(9/15-172 yd's, 2-TD's)

Rushing

Penn St-HB #26-(13 carries 46 yd's, 1-Fumble)
USC-Bush-(12 carries 107 yd's, 1-TD) He broke the 48 ydr on the 1st drive

Recieving

Penn St-WR #80 (2-56 yd's)
USC-WR #8 (5-120 yd's, 1-TD's)

Defense

Penn St-RE #55-(4-Tkl's 2-Sck's)
LB #31-(4-TKL's)
LE #91-(3-Tkl's)

USC-LE #96-(3-Tkl's)
RE #90-(3-Tkl's)
MLB #45-(4-Tkl's, 1-Sck)

My return game still looked realistic CB #7 had 2 returns for 80 yd's that included a 58 yarder but I was knocked out of bounds with 1 man to beat.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:44 AM   #7
Rookie

macatak911's Arena

OVR: 3

I highly suggest these sliders for anyone having trouble with the various Heisman sliders out there.

Georgia Tech (me) 13 - Auburn 20

Total Offense - 211 - 276
First Downs - 12 - 14

Passing:
B.Cox (AU) - 19/35 189 yrds 1 TD 1 INT
R.Ball (GT) - 13/34 140 yrds 1 TD 2 INT

Rushing:
T.Smith (AU) - 16/75 long 31
W.Macke (GT RFTH CAP) 25/85 31 long

Receiving:
T.Smith (AU) - 7/69
C.Taylor (AU) - 5/66 1 TD
C. Johnson (GT) - 6/66 1 TD
W.Macke (GT) - 3/24

I upped CPU rushing ability at halftime 5%

GREAT game, most fun ive ever had losing.

About one minute left, tie game, Auburn runs the ball down the sideline for a HUGE gain. However my FS is well on the prowl and comes behind him a the 5 and strips the ball. GT recovers. So I figure I can just run the ball and go into OT. WRONG, on second down my RFTH RB FUMBLES!!!!!!!!!! Auburn returns it for a TD with 20 seconds left. Needless to say my deep bombs on the next drive did not work.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:05 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

I didn't know that anyone was using these accept the guy's over at MaddenPlanet where I started these sliders up. I couldn't ever get them really fluid like I wanted so I created so more with the idea of just building around actual player ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »