Home

mudtiger's All-American NCAA 06 Sliders

This is a discussion on mudtiger's All-American NCAA 06 Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2005, 11:19 AM   #33
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: A more defensive game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1847
Played again and got the exact opposite results. I was ND vs Purdue and I was frustrated at how little I could do to stop them from scoring. I

So there you go, two games, two blowouts, both completely opposite. I suspect the true representation of these sliders is somewhere inbetween
Yeah, that's the hope. It's strange, sometimes you can just feel when your team comes out flat. It seems like it's usually in combination with getting one of your starters injured. From my limited testing and results from 5 games in my dynasty, I've found that when 2 more or less closely matched teams play, anything can happen - blowouts, close games, sloppy games, and even the rare defensive struggle.

I made a change to the sliders, I upped human/cpu knockdowns to 99%. That may go too far and hurt the short passing game, I'm not sure yet. It may end up at 75% if the D becomes too good at swatting.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:10 PM   #34
Rookie

coopgang's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I took my Buckeye's against a lower rated school ( D-in everything) to test your theory,and to my amazement I absolutley killed them. I had to stop at halftime because the score was 61-0 .
I then played Michigan......and let me tell you,it was the most intense game I've played yet. Zwick threw 2 pics (both taken to the house) Pittman fumbled once,setting up another Mich. td.....needless to say I lost 31-13.
:
Just a quick side note. I know it's none of my business, butwhy aren't you using Troy Smith?
Old 07-16-2005, 04:43 PM   #35
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Just had my best game of 2006 yet with these. It was the first game I've played that I was unsure of the outcome at halftime. It went down to the wire, Tennessee scores with about a minute left to go up 21-17. I(Notre Dame) get the ball back and score a TD with 2 seconds left. For some reason I decide to onsides kick hoping somebody will catch it and run for 2 seconds, unfortunately they just dive on it and no time runs off. Ainge drops back and lofts a bomb and it's completed in a crowd. UT wins 27-24.

All stats were dead on perfect. UT HB averaged 4.8, I averaged 3.8. Completion %'s were good for both QBs and not too many drops. By FAR the most fun I've had with 2006 so far. These are now my sliders, I will keep with them for the time being unless something drastic happens the next few games, great work!

Also, where is the sub in/sub out setting on this game? I can't find it for the life of me, I forgot where it was...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 04:54 PM   #36
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

It's in the controller settings. It is tied to the profile when loading.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:18 PM   #37
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Best games I've played so far.

I was tired of running for 300+ yds with the other sliders. I am playing with Texas A&M with impact QB and RB...so even though they should put up big numbers it was way too easy before.

I might tweak them a little throughout the course of games but it's nice to find some that finally fit my playing style and ability.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:25 PM   #38
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopgang
Just a quick side note. I know it's none of my business, butwhy aren't you using Troy Smith?
I actually haven't started a season yet,as I was checking out these sliders.
So I just left Zwick in for testing,and haven't messed with the depth chart as of yet.
I will start Smith though when I start my season. Again.....props to ya MudTiger for these sliders,I'm having great games with these.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-16-2005, 11:19 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

This is kinda similiar to how I approached my sliders. I've always felt like going down on sliders as opposed to going up on them actually provides the best gameplay. The reason being is because when you go up you destroy mostly all the player ratings that are in the game.

I went down to QB ACC of 0% a few day days ago for human and I tried to convince guy's within my thread that it doesn't really effect the Human controlled QB because his actual ratings will come out even more. When we use QB ACC at 50% we have a huge advantage over the CPU. The CPU reacts based upon percentages at different AWR settings. MY current setting at 25% for QB is where the CPU's AWR is calculated to make plays. At 50% unless you are just not good at throwing the ball you really have the advantage over the CPU at 50% AWR. You should use that setting if the CPU AWR is at 75%. It is the same exact calcualations for RB speed. EA gave us an advantage based upon percentages at the default level. They tried to make this game for a the casual user first.

As for the RB I also calculated at what RB % fit each awreness setting. THis is how I configured my settings within my sldiers. The guy Bill didn't believe me but at the default settings for AWR of 50% the CPU can only calculate taking a RB speed of 25% that is how my sliders were created. Ea also gave the human player a 50% boost over the CPU in terms of Run Blocking and Pass Blocking. That is why you se so many of my sliders calculated at 25% or 50% . Essentially what you have done is by lowering the CPU AWR to 0% and Human RB at 0% there is no noticeable speed downgrade because of reaction times by the CPU's AWR.

Let me show you what I mean.

This is a breakdown that the AWR must be adjusted to in terms of the Human RB ABLTY slider.

HUMAN VS CPU
RB-0% VS CPU AWR-0
RB-25% VS CPU AWR-50%
RB-50% VS CPU AWR -75-99%

The RB speed determines what CPU AWR setting should be at in order for the game to calculate the exact percentages. The reason why so many people felt like the game was so much smoother and fluid when I dropped the Rb ability down to 25% was because that is the only speed the CPU can handle at that posisition to provide a equal challenge. It wasn't that th game slowed down it was because I figured out the percentages that each RB should be set at vs the CPU's AWR.

If you want to use a RB at 35% the CPU AWR must be at 60% awareness in order fo rit to keep up with a human player using that setting. All other sliders revolve around this setting. I have determined that at 25% RUN BLK the Human player is at equal to a CPU BRK BLK slider at Default 50%. IF you lower Human RUN BLk SLIDER 0% you give the CPU a 25% advantage now at the default level.

I've tried to get guy's to believe my calcualtions but you know how that can go at times. Most players always want to go up on something because they feel it's broken. In reality it's not broken if you go down. Once you go up that's when you have broken the game.

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-16-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:04 AM   #40
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Second game I played with sliders vs. Oklahoma. I was a little worried about computer running ability due to my 1st game vs. Texas Tech and they rushed for about 40 yards.

No worries anymore as A.P. ran 22 times for 209 yards before I finally hurt him in the 4th quarter. It's funny because I've never felt worried before in NCAA that I couldn't stop someone, but I did for this game.

When that little icon started blinking I knew I was screwed. I ended up outlasting Oklahoma due to a KO return for a TD, a punt return down to the 20, a hail mary at the end of the 1st half that bounced around and was caught for a TD, and AP getting injured.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »