Home

Slider Discussion

This is a discussion on Slider Discussion within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Slider Discussion

There are a few things I have noticed about the sliders and this has been the case since NCAA 2004.

1. I truly believe that PS2 and X-Box play differently and separate slider sets must be made for each one. Someone put in Auburn Alumni's sliders on both systems and you will see what I mean. On PS2, you can run ALL DAY long.

2. ***Very Important*** You must make slider and penalty slider changes in the main menu, then go into Dynasty. If you make slider changes once in dynasty, they don't have the same effect.

3. Dynasty plays tougher than just a normal pickup game even when played at the same level with the same sliders. You must test sliders in Dynasty. For this, take your slider set or punch in Auburn Alumnis or some other set, enter them in the main menu and then proceed into dynasty. Best way to test them is to take a B team accross the board and set up a schedule so you are playing an all A team both home and away, an All B team both home and away, and a C team both home and away. Ideally, your record will be 4-2 or 3-3, possibly even 2-4 if you lose to the C team away. Don't adjust any of your sliders until you have played all 6 games. Take a look at the stats and you'll have a pretty good idea what needs to be adjusted. Go back to the main menu, change the sliders ands then enter a New dynasty. Play 6 more games in the same style. Now you should be pretty close to having your slider set.

I'll post my Heisman sliders after I get a few more games in. The running game on Heisman is a little too easy, but I'll fix that. I already have the passing almost spot on, and I am not seeing the easy long ball problem that some have been complaining about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 10:53 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Slider Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
There are a few things I have noticed about the sliders and this has been the case since NCAA 2004.

1. I truly believe that PS2 and X-Box play differently and separate slider sets must be made for each one. Someone put in Auburn Alumni's sliders on both systems and you will see what I mean. On PS2, you can run ALL DAY long.

2. ***Very Important*** You must make slider and penalty slider changes in the main menu, then go into Dynasty. If you make slider changes once in dynasty, they don't have the same effect.

3. Dynasty plays tougher than just a normal pickup game even when played at the same level with the same sliders. You must test sliders in Dynasty. For this, take your slider set or punch in Auburn Alumnis or some other set, enter them in the main menu and then proceed into dynasty. Best way to test them is to take a B team accross the board and set up a schedule so you are playing an all A team both home and away, an All B team both home and away, and a C team both home and away. Ideally, your record will be 4-2 or 3-3, possibly even 2-4 if you lose to the C team away. Don't adjust any of your sliders until you have played all 6 games. Take a look at the stats and you'll have a pretty good idea what needs to be adjusted. Go back to the main menu, change the sliders ands then enter a New dynasty. Play 6 more games in the same style. Now you should be pretty close to having your slider set.

I'll post my Heisman sliders after I get a few more games in. The running game on Heisman is a little too easy, but I'll fix that. I already have the passing almost spot on, and I am not seeing the easy long ball problem that some have been complaining about.

I thought they fixed that problem this year. I'm using PS2 sliders so does this mean anyone with XBOX version playing with my sliders are getting a wrong code or results?

How is this possible?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:13 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I thought they fixed that problem this year. I'm using PS2 sliders so does this mean anyone with XBOX version playing with my sliders are getting a wrong code or results?

How is this possible?
They won't be getting the wrong code, but the X-Box and PS2 play differently. If you move the RB ability slider on PS2, it has a different results than it does on XBox. The game plays differently right out of the box as well, so sliders from one system to another will not yield the same results. It would be best to have separate slider threads. One for X-box and One for PS2.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:31 AM   #4
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
They won't be getting the wrong code, but the X-Box and PS2 play differently. If you move the RB ability slider on PS2, it has a different results than it does on XBox. The game plays differently right out of the box as well, so sliders from one system to another will not yield the same results. It would be best to have separate slider threads. One for X-box and One for PS2.
That would definitely explain a lot...

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »