Home

CPU vs CPU sliders

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2005, 10:27 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: CPU vs CPU sliders

so for every team i play i should change the coach strategy? What about teams who pass more than run, making it the same for every team isn't so accurate. In additon, i'd have to write it all down and switch back to it after our game is over.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:17 AM   #74
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altohombre
so for every team i play i should change the coach strategy? What about teams who pass more than run, making it the same for every team isn't so accurate. In additon, i'd have to write it all down and switch back to it after our game is over.
Yup, that's what i do man...Say your playin' a team that's ranked 95th against the pass, you want to throw on them aaaaaaaaall day. Scout the teams, and check their rankings.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:14 AM   #75
Rookie

but this is cpu vs cpu, and he is saying to use the same 55% run and %45 pass for both sides. That would make them both do about the same percentage run plays and pass plays.

I did not get good results on my first game. I was PSU in year 2 vs Akron, my team won like 51-27, but my QB was like 9 for 14 for 180 yards and my running back was 41 carries for 220 yards and 4 tds. The 2nd string RB was never subbed in either and he is rated 90 compared to the starter who is 91. THe other team had an opposite result where the QB threw like 36 passes but their RB only ran 9 times.

Now I know certain teams have different strengths but I used the 55% run and 45% pass and well it was more like a 90%run vs 10% pass result.

I like whats going on with this thread, but I want to hear some other peoples results, maybe I am doing something wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 12:35 AM   #76
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

I finally settled on a set of sliders and have been using them for quite a while now. I am getting very realistic stats and scores, with one glaring exception: Pancakes are still way inflated and your O-lineman will always lead the nation in that stat, and will win most of the OL awards. If that is not a game-killer for you, let me know and I will post them. I am on the 12th season of my Dynasty right now and am having a blast. With this set there is no need to tinker with the coaching settings, which I consider a big plus.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 08-15-2005, 01:17 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

post them,and if you want to get pancakes down rbk and pbk at 0 and bkb at 75 is the only way(for AA)
Old 08-15-2005, 01:23 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
I finally settled on a set of sliders and have been using them for quite a while now. I am getting very realistic stats and scores, with one glaring exception: Pancakes are still way inflated and your O-lineman will always lead the nation in that stat, and will win most of the OL awards. If that is not a game-killer for you, let me know and I will post them. I am on the 12th season of my Dynasty right now and am having a blast. With this set there is no need to tinker with the coaching settings, which I consider a big plus.

PLEASE POST!
Old 08-15-2005, 06:30 PM   #79
Rookie

I want them too!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:38 AM   #80
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

OK, here you go: These are my sliders for the XBox.

Varisty, 7 minute quarters. I set both CPU and Human sliders the same.

QB Accuracy - 35
Pass Blocking - 15
WR Catching - 70
RB Ability - 45
Run Blocking - 50

Awareness - 95
Knockdowns - 99
Interceptions - 0
Break Block - 20
Tackling - 35

FG Length - 20
FG Accuracy - 5
Punt Length - 45
Punt Accuracy - 40
Kickoff length - 30

I just finished my 12th season in Dynasty mode. I moved to a bigger conference (from the MAC to the Big 10) and even my pancake totals are much more in line with the rest of the nation. They are still a bit high, but nowhere near as bad as before. I have had a blast with these sliders. I hope you do, too!

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »