Home

Hey Playmakers...

This is a discussion on Hey Playmakers... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2005, 06:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Hey Playmakers...

I was reading your logic on how the percentages work on the different levels (ex. the human player being 25% better than the cpu on varsity, both being even on all-american) and I applied this to heisman as the cpu being 25-30% better than the human. So I went in and moved all the cpu stuff down to 25% on heisman except for rn block and rb abilty, which i left at 30%. I left all the human sliders alone. I played a couple of games (Florida vs. FSU) and it seemed ok, but there were too many deep balls and shoot outs. So I tried turning off home field advantage and playing then. It made a lot of difference then because the deep balls weren't as easy and underneath throws were way easier (my comp. % was around 71%). The cpu dbs weren't running the routes better than my recievers and the game had a much better overall feel, reminding me of NCAA 2004. The final score was 21-16 my way and a defensive battle most of the game. As far as the cpu, Xavier Lee's accuracy was only 80, so i put pressure on him and a lot of his passes were off target. I tried playing against USC and Leinart's passes were on the money, so I think the player ratings are more effective. As far as HFA being off, it doesn't affect the cpu as it would a human, so I would just turn it back on when playing another human. This may not work for everyone, but it sure made the game a whole lot more fun for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2005, 07:07 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Hey Playmakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearyourshirt
I was reading your logic on how the percentages work on the different levels (ex. the human player being 25% better than the cpu on varsity, both being even on all-american) and I applied this to heisman as the cpu being 25-30% better than the human. So I went in and moved all the cpu stuff down to 25% on heisman except for rn block and rb abilty, which i left at 30%. I left all the human sliders alone. I played a couple of games (Florida vs. FSU) and it seemed ok, but there were too many deep balls and shoot outs. So I tried turning off home field advantage and playing then. It made a lot of difference then because the deep balls weren't as easy and underneath throws were way easier (my comp. % was around 71%). The cpu dbs weren't running the routes better than my recievers and the game had a much better overall feel, reminding me of NCAA 2004. The final score was 21-16 my way and a defensive battle most of the game. As far as the cpu, Xavier Lee's accuracy was only 80, so i put pressure on him and a lot of his passes were off target. I tried playing against USC and Leinart's passes were on the money, so I think the player ratings are more effective. As far as HFA being off, it doesn't affect the cpu as it would a human, so I would just turn it back on when playing another human. This may not work for everyone, but it sure made the game a whole lot more fun for me.

I was going to try one more time with Heisman but I'm pretty happy about my AA set because for the most it stays colse to default for all CPU skill players so they aren't being upgraded or anything. What you see them do on the field is exactly how their ratings have them. There is no increased wr catching, RB ABLTY, or QB ACC if they are causing you headaches just remember they are doing it at their own skill level because nothing was boosted up.

I think Heisman has a speed cheat code so that was my only problem trying to figure things outs. BUt let me see how you have set yours up. I'm interested in seeing your balance on offensive and defensive silders.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:12 PM   #3
Rookie

I didn't really notice any speed cheat. I was able to pull away from slower linemen when scrambling, and none of the recievers pulled away when they caught the ball. Seemed pretty fair, but I'll let you see for yourself and get feed back from that.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

Playmaker, where (specifically) can we find your most recent AA sliders?

I know you have a thread.. but it's long.. What page are the most recent and "set" AA sliders on?

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:27 PM   #5
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication

I know you have a thread.. but it's long.. What page are the most recent and "set" AA sliders on?

Thanks.
He keeps it updated on the first page, in his original post.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2005, 07:31 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication

Thanks.
Page 2 front page.

To the original poster what percentages are your defesnse setup at

75% for human and 50 for CPU?
Old 07-17-2005, 07:36 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Page 2 front page.

To the original poster what percentages are your defesnse setup at

75% for human and 50 for CPU?

I left human at 50% across the board and lowered cpu to 25% in everything except run blocking and rb ability, which i put at 30% for both.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:38 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearyourshirt
I left human at 50% across the board and lowered cpu to 25% in everything except run blocking and rb ability, which i put at 30% for both.

Ok cool.

Sometime on monday I'm going to try this again.

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »