Home

Custom Make Your Own Sliders

This is a discussion on Custom Make Your Own Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2005, 02:43 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Custom Make Your Own Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
It's amazing some people need to be told this. I have never once tried someone else's sliders. I alwasy use my own. That's the first thing I do is begin practicing and playing, recording stats, and compiling a set of sliders that gives me the real game feeling. Sometimes you have to do the thinking for some people. Guess that's why there are employers and employees.
Bingo, I always take last years game and put in my sliders in from the year before and adjust accordingly. Taking someone elses sliders as gospel is ridiculous. Everyone has different tendencies.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm trying this out. I have tried different sliders and there's always something that just isnt right about them. This way I can make sliders that are perfect for me. I'm working on the 10 simmed games right now. I chose Arizona and West Virginia as the teams. There ratings are evenly matched.

Old 07-24-2005, 08:00 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

let me know how this turns out for you guys, i made mine a while ago and im still loving them, hope your's turn out good for you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 10:57 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 11

Well I have finished creating my slider set for NCAA. What a set I have come up with 2 games into the season and both end #1 and #2 in my greatest games. My first game I was Georgia vs Boise St, I came back from a 24-7 defecit with Georgia to tie it at 24-24 and then Boise drove down and kick a field goal with no time left on the clock. That was the #2 greatest game. Then I followed that up with taking the Irish into Michigan aganist the #5 Wolverines. With the game tied at 31-31 and 2 seconds left on the clock I throw a hail mary 70 yards that gets batted up in the air by the Michigan safety and my WR McKnight catches it off the tip and runs it in for the TD and the Irish pull the upset. That was my #1 greatest game with a 2272 rating. Unreal games and stats. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseValentinWooo
let me know how this turns out for you guys, i made mine a while ago and im still loving them, hope your's turn out good for you
Old 07-25-2005, 02:54 PM   #13
Rookie

glad to hear your gettin good games with them
Old 08-09-2005, 04:27 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseValentinWooo
The fact is that no 2 players are alike. If we were all the same whoever picked the better team online would win every time. That in mind no 1 slider set could or should satisfy everybody. It seems like way to many people out there are looking for that magic cure to solve all there problems. In 5-10 exibition games I think you could come up with your own slider set.

Start off on Heisman Difficulty
7 Min Quarters
Sub in/out 80%/85%

Human First

Off
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50

Def
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50

Special Teams
50/50
0/0
50/50
0/0
50/50

For penalties use Jistics slider set, those seem to work good for me

Now pick 2 teams that are very evenly matched in this game and sim there games 10times or more depending on however accurate you want these sliders to be. Also, try to pick evenly matched teams. A good way to sim is to start a dynasty, schedule week 1 and quit.

Write down all of the major stats, including score
ALL THE STATS!!!

This works good in excel, then average them

Say your teams are Illinois and Northwestern, 5 home 5 away.

Say the average score is 27.5-22.5 Northwestern
This will be your target

Now the fun begins, start playing games.

After 2 home and away average your stats.
If your total plays called is more than 10 over the ave. or less than 10 adjust the minutes of the game accordingly. Some of us ask corso and get the play off in 5 seconds, others use a good 20 seconds.

Average all the stats then.

I will now give situations and how to adjust your sliders accordingly.

QB Completion Percentage is too high compared to the target
----------------------------------------------------------
Are you completing to many short or long passes?
Short- Ask yourself is the CPU defense covering you but not making the plays or is your guy wide open

Covered- Increase the CPU Knockdowns 5%
Wide open- Increase the CPU Awarness by 5%

Long- Ask your self is the QB sitting in the Pocket all day or are you lobbing the rock in less than 2 seconds after calling hike.

All day in pocket- Increase CPU Break block by 5% and decrease Human Pass Block 5%
Lobbin Prayers- Increase CPU Knockdowns by 10% CPU Int by 10% and decrease WR catching by 10%, decrease qb accc. 10%

Im not even hitting the WR- QB accuracy up 5%

Now are your WR's dropping to many passes?

Yes- are they dropping wide open balls or are the getting nailed.

Wide open- Only Increase WR catching by 5% if you didnt decrease by 10% earlier
Getting nailed- tough luck thats football

Now to the running game

Are you running all over them

Yes- Are you getting untouched or breaking a lot of tackles.

Untouched- Decrease Human run block by 5% and increase CPU break block and tackles by 5%
Breakin tackles- Increase CPU tackling by 10% and decrease Human Run Ability by 5%

Help Im getting stuffed(less than 2.0 YPC)- Increase RB ablilty and Run blocking 5%

Now ask your self all of the same questions for the CPU

lets say passing was easy for you but running was hard.

your new slider might look like this

55/40
45/50
55/40
55/45
55/50

55/50
60/55
60/50
50/55
60/50

50/50
0/0
50/50
0/0
50/50

Congrats to all who have made it this far! You have your very own sliders 1.0 but wait you ain't done yet. If you want the truest slider repeat it all again. Play 2 or 4 more games with your 1.0 sliders then ask yourselves the exact same questions, so in theory each time you adjust its still impossible to run for you, then your RB Ability could eventually top out at 99! after going through the list 3 maybe even 4 or 5 times you will have 90% perfect sliders for you.

to do the special teams sliders sim a season. find out which kicker had the farthest kick. take him into practice mode. Say Mike Nugent's (i know he's not around any more but im not a kicker's man) longest kick was 59. Chances are he put 100% of his power into that kick and it miracuracly stayed straight, i kicked a few games in HS i know how it is. Go into practice mode and set up for a 59 yard kick. when you get 99% power on that kick and it goes straight it should make a 59 yard FG, barely, but in. If it's impossible then increase the kick power until its reached.

Do the same for the CPU and then as well for punts and Kickoffs

Now you finally have perfect sliders. Now go play a dynasty and have some fun before '07 drops.

tell me guys what you think cuz i did this and i am getting truely awesome games and having a blast
Well let me just take a moment and say THANK YOU man!!! You kick serious ***, I wish all of us gamers cared as much as you(we) do! To take the time to first off DO all of that, then to share it with the rest of us really, REALLY kicks ***!! As I drink this brew I have, I tip one up for you hommie! Keep up the GREAT work, and best to ya!! i will post what sliders I come up with and include how I play the game, maybe we share similar styles, and it might help out, plus if we all use his ideas and post what we come up with as a group we might see some trends, i.e. things we could post to EA as possible fixes(not like they'd listen...but hey it worth a shot right?!?!)

Laters all!
-Speef
Old 08-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #15
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

What are some college football averages.

Plays per game.

Total Points scored and yardage.

QB rating, % com., yards, TD's, ints.

Running back averages

Wide reciever catches and drops(I don't think they track this)

Sacks against and Pancakes( I don't think there's a stat for this, but what is a good #)

Defensive sacks, ints, points and yards given up, Tackles and fumbles recovered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 07:21 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
What are some college football averages.

Plays per game.

Total Points scored and yardage.

QB rating, % com., yards, TD's, ints.

Running back averages

Wide reciever catches and drops(I don't think they track this)

Sacks against and Pancakes( I don't think there's a stat for this, but what is a good #)

Defensive sacks, ints, points and yards given up, Tackles and fumbles recovered.
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/...ia_trends.html

Offensive Plays per game per team: 70.2
Running Plays: 39.3
Passing Plays: 30.9
Avg Points per team per game: 26.6

Passing
Average Completion %: 56.8%
Average Yards per completion: 12.41
Av. Pass yards per team per game: 218.1
Interceptions per team per game: 1.02

Rushing
Average Yards per carry: 4.05
Av. Rush yards per team per game: 158.7
Av. Fumbles per team per game: 1.68

Kicking
Avg Punt Yards: 35.5
Avg Punt Return: 9.79
Avg KO Return: 20.07

Penalties
6.63 Per Team Per Game (55.84 Yards)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »