Home

Max out 99% on AA for sliders - the only way to play

This is a discussion on Max out 99% on AA for sliders - the only way to play within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2005, 09:58 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Max out 99% on AA for sliders - the only way to play

Why play AA level on anything but 99% across the board? The game has a default of 50%. Why play with 50% of your player's abilities? EA isnt THAT dumb to make AA too easy. Of course it is easy when you have 50%.

This is the first year EA has used % for sliders. Wouldn’t it make sense that if you wanted the full effect of AA that you would play with 99%? Stop thinking in the old way of doing sliders and think in percentages of ability.

Try it out and you will see that AA is challenging and fun again.

99% across the board on O and D for both Human and Comp. Keep Special teams at 50%

With 99% everywhere, the CPU defense is harder, but the Human Off is just as good. Same goes with CPU off vs Human D. The players are to easy when AA is at 50%, but they are perfect when play at full ability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 10:21 PM   #2
Rookie

scoman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Max out 99% on AA for sliders - the only way to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceNails
Why play AA level on anything but 99% across the board? The game has a default of 50%. Why play with 50% of your player's abilities? EA isnt THAT dumb to make AA too easy. Of course it is easy when you have 50%.

This is the first year EA has used % for sliders. Wouldn’t it make sense that if you wanted the full effect of AA that you would play with 99%? Stop thinking in the old way of doing sliders and think in percentages of ability.

99% across the board on O and D for both Human and Comp. Keep Special teams at 50%

With 99% everywhere, the CPU defense is harder, but the Human Off is just as good. Same goes with CPU off vs Human D. The players are to easy when AA is at 50%, but they are perfect when play at full ability.

Can you give us some game stats to back this theory?
Old 07-19-2005, 10:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Until I see a few games stats im not changing, Im sure the Defense is harder, but the Offense is just as good or better and I would imagine that the scores are high.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:39 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

You my friend is dead wrong.

I've had a great deal of success getting AA level to play respectful defense. Aslong as you don't use a super human RB and WR on AA level which means jack them up to 50% each you can actually make AA level very competive. The problem is guy's keep trying to go up on everything rather than down. Going up comletely disrupts the balance of the game.

I can run the football more realistic on AA with RBA at 25% and CPU AWR at 25-35% than I can if you max out CPU to 99% AWR and play with RBA at 50%. Too many guy's are getting carried away with break away speed. In my opinion if you can score 2-3 td's off punt returns every game that is not fuching football. I don't what level you have this game on if I use a QB, WR and RB at 50% together for all three I can't fuchin be stopped.

There is just no way for me to have enjoyment using a RBA sldier at 50% knowing damn well I'm going to put up 200-250 yards a game with that setting even on heisman.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:13 PM   #5
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Actually I've been playing the game using Playmakers sliders and ones simular with a few tweaks here and there and his theory holds validity,jacking up the sliders is definatly not the way to go and will only lead to games looking unrealistic due to such extreme measures.

I've seen alot of video Football games over alot of years and its odd that with some guys the first impulse is to "Jack" up sliders for results...why?

This years NCAA 2006 is totally and I mean totally different as far as gameplay and is open to slider adjustments and I'd agree also with Playmakers theorys and proven test that 50% is a proven and found percentage to start from as you make adjustments.

Going up on certain ones is definately gonna be a game killing issue because as they are now on the defaults they are actually good not the best but better then screwing them up with a 99 "Break Neck" edit...last I heard that stuff "Kills"...no Thanks balanced,safe and realistic is the way to go not "Jacking" for 99 edits at least not with this seasons "New and Improved" NCAA game and eveb though I'm not as up to date on NCAA sliders as Playmaker is I know better then to go adjusting anything at 99...its suicide and could be a real "Game Killer" if you're doing that...just my two cents which is actually "Common Sense".

I don't mean to bash your post or statements but what you're talking about is just plain dumb,perhaps spending more time and actually observing the game will give you a better prespective because in my opinion they've (EA) addressed some issues with the gameplay but apparently in some spots improved it a little too well...its still a great improvement this time around just needing to be toned down a bit the game IMO is still great (so far) and I'm enjoying it for the most part and Playmakers sliders are and additional bonus in helping even out the gameplay.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 07-19-2005 at 11:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 09:55 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Well, I have spent a ton of time using a combination of the sliders that people have posted here over the past week or so. They all have been lacking in one aspect of another.

The 50% is just that—50%

Obviously, the “default” AA level is too easy.

Why is it easy? How can you correct it?

EA created the game play at the default level with the idea that everything would be equal. (i.e. Offense vs Defense) To keep things equal, but not too easy, you need to equally increase the challenge of the game.

Don’t knock it until you try it, but it really doesn’t matter.

I have played multiple games on the 99% equal –across the board slider. What this does is keep the level of play of Offense vs Defense equal (as EA designed the game) but also makes the game more challenging.

99% is a level in between AA and Heisman. We could call it AA+.

With the 99% level I have rarely encountered the long ball passing issue (The defense is good enough not to get burned too many times). The pass completion % is realistic (WR still realistically drop passes and QB still over throw WR). Interceptions are not too high and realistic (Don’t throw into coverage and the Human D isn’t picking off everything). The running game is very good (Guys get 100 yd games that are supposed too—the CPU run game is perfect) and the return game is not out of control.

I don’t care if you try the 99% sliders of not. I am just passing on info.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:13 AM   #7
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Well, I have spent a ton of time using a combination of the sliders that people have posted here over the past week or so. They all have been lacking in one aspect of another.

The 50% is just that—50%

Obviously, the “default” AA level is too easy.

Why is it easy? How can you correct it?

EA created the game play at the default level with the idea that everything would be equal. (i.e. Offense vs Defense) To keep things equal, but not too easy, you need to equally increase the challenge of the game.

Don’t knock it until you try it, but it really doesn’t matter.

I have played multiple games on the 99% equal –across the board slider. What this does is keep the level of play of Offense vs Defense equal (as EA designed the game) but also makes the game more challenging.

99% is a level in between AA and Heisman. We could call it AA+.

With the 99% level I have rarely encountered the long ball passing issue (The defense is good enough not to get burned too many times). The pass completion % is realistic (WR still realistically drop passes and QB still over throw WR). Interceptions are not too high and realistic (Don’t throw into coverage and the Human D isn’t picking off everything). The running game is very good (Guys get 100 yd games that are supposed too—the CPU run game is perfect) and the return game is not out of control.

I don’t care if you try the 99% sliders of not. I am just passing on info.
Dude, just give us somes stats, that's all we ask...

Old 07-20-2005, 11:15 AM   #8
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

you must have been looking at my sliders or even playing with them And sorry buddy you can not use 99% for human offence sldiers at all, and you can't jacked up all the human defence wither, it just won't be fair to the CPU, I mean come on it's only computer AI your playing, you know that your smarter then the AI to begin with, Yes I have all the CPU sldiers at 99% on my sldiers, because I wan't that challange, so if you jacked all your Human sldiers up, have fun playing a boring and crappy game were you will thrash the CPU everytime you play h
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »