Home

Old 07-30-2005, 12:50 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: default heisman

That is the only problem I have with default Heisman is the trench battle seems to heavily favor the CPU, to the point it is annoying. Once I can fix that, I'm good to go.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:55 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

I just hate that my 93 rated HB gets stuck behind the line because he cant "outrun" the MLB, who is 20 points rated lower than him. Or the super human DB's.

I prefer a toned down heisman because pancakes are unbelievably swayyed and i try evening things out.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:51 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 6

Weird. I just had 33 carries for 193 yards against ND. I like to go at their D with dives and then bust one out wide. The CPU running game is very good. Their Oline holds their blocks a while, so I upped Break block 10%. I figured out i was doing so much testing, I wasn't even playing dynasty. So I just went to default and after each game I decide, ok is there any GLARING weakness. Last game Brady Quinn of ND started 9/10 against me. But finished like 15/28 for 224.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:15 PM   #20
MVP

DrDoom77's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm using a cupcake team in a dynasty. I tried using default AA, but quickly tired of every game being a 60-40 shootout. So I moved to Heisman, but I'm not good enough to play with the Heisman default sliders...I was getting pounded regularly by other cupcake teams whose ratings were identical to mine. So for people like me, whose abilities lie somewhere between default AA and default Heisman, slider tweaks are needed. It's that simple, really.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:18 PM   #21
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarbeez
That is the only problem I have with default Heisman is the trench battle seems to heavily favor the CPU, to the point it is annoying. Once I can fix that, I'm good to go.
I am like you guys in a way, I do like to adjust the sliders only if I think it is needed to grab a desireable realm of football. Most my sliders for any game are very close to the default. I think most games are very close to right out of the box, but maybe an adjustment should be made. In NCAA's case, I agree with the trench problem. At Heisman, the CPU is so strong up front. I reduce the cpu run blocking to 20%. I increase the RB ability to 55%. I increase the Hum break block to 99%. The results, are quite pleasing! While the cpu does continue to rack up some pancakes, the rate of which is not astronomical. The running backs have enough moves to dance around some tight spots and break some runs. I promise, cpu WR's will not pile up 6 pancakes on your CB's with these settings. In case you're wondering, the cpu pass block I set at 45%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2005, 05:21 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 6

Having terrific games. Just played Wisconsin and it was 9-6 at halftime they were winning. I am Michigan btw. Then I had to go because its my buddies birthday. Too bad no in game saves.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:01 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Maybe I should try default Heisman Sliders. Default AA is easy (with Rutgers) but I get my butt handed to me when I try Playmakers or WolverineManiac's (from Madden Mania) sliders.

Hopefully, this may be the answer to my problems....or I suck bad, lol.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:01 PM   #24
Banned

WIAggie's Arena

OVR: 3

No need to mess with the siders for me...U jest have to play smart & that's why heisman rocks. Just played Navy vs CMU and won 19-16.
and I play on 14min Qtr's

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »