Home

Playmakers' NCAA 06 Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers' NCAA 06 Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2005, 11:18 PM   #41
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Playmakers' NCAA 06 Heisman Sliders

a little note,
i find if i lower the cpu defense the deep pass start to become as regular as on all american (1st reason why i quit from AA level).

Don`t you feel the same way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 11:34 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
a little note,
i find if i lower the cpu defense the deep pass start to become as regular as on all american (1st reason why i quit from AA level).

Don`t you feel the same way?
NOt if you don't jack QBA and WR catch. I have them at 25/50 respectively. THe CPU KDWN Slider is at 50 and INT at 15....so at that setting if you are completing deep throws too easy increase INT to 25 to equal the QBA then the DB's will challenge the ball more deep. But you might throw a few more picks.

Or you could lower QBA to 20 and it takes just enough off the ball so that not every deep pass is pinpoint accurate.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:40 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
i played a game and it was 48-21 between 2 even tems, i`m starting to beleive no matter what we do with sliders we will get big plays after big players.

You might want to go up on the CPU AWR to like 35. On Heisman a 25 AWR might be all most guy's can handle but for skilled Heisman guy's this is why I said you could just plug in a higher AWR for the CPU and leave the sliders intact and they should instantly be able to play better vs you.

In fact I'm going to edit the front post so that guy's know they can setup their own AWR for the CPU and keep the base set in place. That way you decide your skill setting.

Click on the link for my AA level sliders
College GameDay 1st set
College Classic 2nd set
Playmakers' All-American NCAA 06 Slider Thread

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-26-2005 at 02:43 AM.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:44 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Playmakers,

First of all, thank you very much for not only posting your sliders, but also taking the time to answer everybody's questions, sometimes for the 3rd or 4th time within a single thread.

Also, its cool how you listen to people's concerns and try to address them as opposed to getting defensive and telling them they just don't know to play or aren't very good.
That being said, I to have a quick question and apologize in advance if its already been asked.

Aside from playing 5 min. Qtrs, I have been the exact heisman sliders from page 1.
I've enjoyed them quite a bit and they've kept me going for 3 dynasty's.
However in my past 5 games against equal opponets I seem to overwhelm the D-Line (avg of 12.5 sacks and only passes caught by cpu come after the QB is hit and floats one for a bomb)
and my O-line gets dominated so bad up front (depsite ovr. rating avg. of 91) that 50% of time my back is hit and falling to the ground before I ever get the chance to tuck the ball.

Any suggestions, or advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by down4funk; 07-26-2005 at 03:56 AM.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:39 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by down4funk
Playmakers,

First of all, thank you very much for not only posting your sliders, but also taking the time to answer everybody's questions, sometimes for the 3rd or 4th time within a single thread.

Also, its cool how you listen to people's concerns and try to address them as opposed to getting defensive and telling them they just don't know to play or aren't very good.
That being said, I to have a quick question and apologize in advance if its already been asked.

Aside from playing 5 min. Qtrs, I have been the exact heisman sliders from page 1.
I've enjoyed them quite a bit and they've kept me going for 3 dynasty's.
However in my past 5 games against equal opponets I seem to overwhelm the D-Line (avg of 12.5 sacks and only passes caught by cpu come after the QB is hit and floats one for a bomb)
and my O-line gets dominated so bad up front (depsite ovr. rating avg. of 91) that 50% of time my back is hit and falling to the ground before I ever get the chance to tuck the ball.

Any suggestions, or advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm at work right now (Crazy Hours)......

But when I get some time once I get home I'll mess around with some blocking sliders and PM you somethings that might help up front for both teams. I'm guessing that your saying both QB's are getting killed right?

Click on Link for my AA sliders
College Gameday 1st set
College Classics 2nd set

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-26-2005 at 04:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 09:05 AM   #46
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm at work right now (Crazy Hours)......

But when I get some time once I get home I'll mess around with some blocking sliders and PM you somethings that might help up front for both teams. I'm guessing that your saying both QB's are getting killed right?

Click on Link for my AA sliders
College Gameday 1st set
College Classics 2nd set
Playmakers,

You were right, i did rise WR to 55 and it seems that is enough to make the game unbalance and make the deep ball to easy, i restarted the game with your exaclty settings and perfect! No more easy deep balls

Overall i like this set, i beleive we canīt get better than this.. except OL vs DL interaction.

I was going to post the same thing as down4funk did, but on my case my problem is with the CPU OL... they are dominating my DL no matter what they are too powefull and this make me realize this is "heisman" afterall

I know we canīt fix the CPU pancakes stats by stats only but this are affecting the gamplay since any OL no matter rating could easly dominate my DL of wich isnīt very good. I donīt feel the ratings are having any effect on OL/DL interaction

On the other hand iīm afraid to tweak PB and RB for the CPU (wich i feel is the biggest issue, actually only issue i ran on this set)and affect other part of the game wich i feel they donīt need any tweak at all, i like how they run the ball, how the pass, etc, etc, etc... But i hate to see how Powerfull the OL is...even really bad OL seems to be Pro Players.

Any ideas? I was thinking of lowering PB and RB but iīm certain this could affect other areas... so i didnīt want to tweak anything until your feedback

Last edited by booker21; 07-26-2005 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #47
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Playmakers-just wanted to see what your FINAL heisman sliders are going to be...thanks.
Yes could you please post your final Heisman sliders?
You dont have a link to them on your sig. And you only have
the orginal non edited ones on page one of this topic.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:23 AM   #48
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12

I just played a game last night with these sliders between Texas (Human) Vs. Tennessee (CPU). Final score was 38-35 and was my #2 Greatest Game of All Time. This was such a crazy back and forth battle and it came down to the final SECOND of the game. I wound up kicking a 21 yard FG to go up by 3 with 1 second remaining (apparently calling a TO with 3 seconds left was a second too early ). So with 1 second left on the clock, I had to kickoff to them. I contemplated just kicking the ball out of bounds so they couldn't return it, but I thought to myself "That's not a good idea, they'll probably throw a deep ball over your head for a TD." So I kicked to them, and guess what....GOODBYE! That guy took off like a bat out of hell. Nobody even came NEAR him;....until he was about 25 yds away from the endzone when out of the corner of the screen came my hero, who caught up to the returner at the 5 YARD LINE and dove at him just BARELY tripping him up! WoW!!!

Only things I changed were AWR from 25/25 to 35/50 (and found the game to play a LOT more balanced), TKL from 50/25 to 75/25 (because I consider myself a solid tackler and I was getting shrugged off like a little school girl), and INT from 15/15 to 25/15 (and I think I still could lower the CPU INT's to 10, because they were STILL making some great picks).

Please try using the original Playmaker sliders with these adjustments (especially if you use a scrambling QB like I do. You'll find it a LOT harder to scramble for big yards this way ). I use 7 min. quarters.

AWR 35/50
TKL 75/25
INT 25/10

I had a REAL battle, as fair and square as could be this way.

Last edited by EXboxur; 07-26-2005 at 12:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »