Home

FistofRage's "Premium Blend" Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on FistofRage's "Premium Blend" Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2005, 02:45 PM   #25
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: FistofRage's "Premium Blend" Heisman Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
I wonder if I zero'd out the cpu run block what would happen to their pancake stat? I'm going to try it and see what happens. I have found great stats with everything I have done with my sliders. My only complaint is the cpu pancakes. They're still a little high with what I have set. At least I don't see cpu WR's pancaking my CB's 7 times. But if I lower the run block a little more, I might squash the cpu pancake problem. I'll be back in an hour with some results. I think these are almost perfect. Where are my sliders? I posted them somewhere, and I don't want to retype them. Ha! I'll try to find them too.
That just burns me the f up when wide recievers have more pancakes than some of your best lineman. I am convinced that we arent going to be able to even that out. I hate to give in but this is the only obstacle with no real answer without disturbing some other part of the game. If you can come up with something that allows the cpu to still run/pass realistically. Through you'll help I finally found a RBA that allows real running without feast or famine. I tried 0 Rbk and Pbk for the computer but then he seems to become the mad bomber or I'm getting 9+ sacks a game. So I don't know if that aspect is salvageable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2005, 02:48 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
I actually just started a new dynasty with a few modifications here and there. The first game was GA me and SC it was pretty close until the fourth quarter when all my pounding the ball paid off and the backup RB Brown bursted through the left side with some great blocks for 70 yard TD. That blew the game open with about 7 min left, I think the score at that point was 24-14. I ended up with four sacks the cpu 2. Athlon has Georgia as one of the top OL units in the NCAA. Final score 42-14. I love playing at home.I ended up with 232 rushing and 70 on one play. I finally starting to enjoy instead of one slider adjustment after another. You're right I will force myself to overlook the pancakes. As I've been saying since the first Madden 89', no videogame is going to be perfect but it has come light years. I will keep you posted and you do the same. Sports Sims for life.
Can you tell me what modifications you have made so I can use those as a starting point for testing some things. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:09 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 10

There is no way these sliders work well because on most of the good/challenging slider sets, QB acc and WR Catch are 80 and above.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:46 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPlaya
There is no way these sliders work well because on most of the good/challenging slider sets, QB acc and WR Catch are 80 and above.

They work well for me, have you tried them or are you just assuming? These are for Heisman players that want a challenge and realistic stats.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:01 PM   #29
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
They work well for me, have you tried them or are you just assuming? These are for Heisman players that want a challenge and realistic stats.
Yea, I never understand the raising of the WR catch slider....I think they catch too much! I lower mine to 45%. And the raising of QB accuracy??? Good god, that's always been the problem with football games, you can throw it on a dime 30 yards down field. Lower the QB accuracy! We got it right....of course, if you need to catch every ball ever thrown in the game, or be able to throw off your back foot 40 yards down field and hit the guy right in the stride...then yea, use someone else's sliders.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:47 AM   #30
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Can you tell me what modifications you have made so I can use those as a starting point for testing some things. Thanks.
Yo Fist, here are those sliders tweaks
Off.
H/CPU
QBA 40/30
PB 50/20
WRC 50/40[not sure about the cpu WRC]
RBA 35/35
RBK 45/20

DEF
AWR 65/60
KDS 70/75
INT 45/25
BB 60/50
TKL 70/55
So please tell me what you think and if youre around Samantha, I would like some input from you as well. Thanks guys. Will
Old 08-02-2005, 11:50 AM   #31
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
Yea, I never understand the raising of the WR catch slider....I think they catch too much! I lower mine to 45%. And the raising of QB accuracy??? Good god, that's always been the problem with football games, you can throw it on a dime 30 yards down field. Lower the QB accuracy! We got it right....of course, if you need to catch every ball ever thrown in the game, or be able to throw off your back foot 40 yards down field and hit the guy right in the stride...then yea, use someone else's sliders.
What in the heck is that guy talking about? QBA 80> is reall crazy. I think that alot of these guys are closet arcade gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2005, 02:26 PM   #32
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
Yo Fist, here are those sliders tweaks
Off.
H/CPU
QBA 40/30
PB 50/20
WRC 50/40[not sure about the cpu WRC]
RBA 35/35
RBK 45/20

DEF
AWR 65/60
KDS 70/75
INT 45/25
BB 60/50
TKL 70/55
So please tell me what you think and if youre around Samantha, I would like some input from you as well. Thanks guys. Will
Well, you've done some things differently. You lowered their pass block, but your break block isn't as high either, so its kinda a wash. I still think the knockdowns are too high, the cpu does a pretty good job of getting in the path of balls at the default or a little above. I think your tackle numbers are too high, I like more missed tackles, because in reality that's football. When I'm a 225 pound running back going at a 175 pound corner, I don't want him taking me down 9 out of 10 times. I think with lower tackle numbers, it puts a premium on guys who can tackle. Otherwise, you can tackle with just about anyone. If I were to reccommend two things it would be to lower the knockdowns and the tackle numbers. Personally I always try to stay the same on human and cpu sliders (pretty much), I'd go 55 on knockdowns and 25 on tackles. But that's me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »