Home

FistofRage's "Premium Blend" Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on FistofRage's "Premium Blend" Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 03:39 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: FistofRage's "Premium Blend" Heisman Sliders

Small update:

Offense:
Human/Comp
QB Accuracy 40/40
Pass Block 40/70
WR Catch 45/50
RB Ability 40/40
RB Block 40/25

Defense:
AWR 60/60
Knock down 70/80
Int 45/45
Break Block 55/50
Tackling 65/55

Special Teams:
FG Length 35/25
FGA 40/0
Punt Length 45/45
Punt Acc 50/50
KOL 45/35
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 01:29 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

After testing about 10 more games, here are my Final sliders:

Offense:
Human/Comp
QB Accuracy 35/45
Pass Block 40/70
WR Catch 45/50
RB Ability 40/40
RB Block 35/20

Defense:
AWR 60/60
Knock down 70/80
Int 45/45
Break Block 55/50
Tackling 65/55

Special Teams:
FG Length 35/25
FGA 40/0
Punt Length 45/45
Punt Acc 50/50
KOL 45/35

Let me know what you think.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:21 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

I'm still getting too high rushing yards and the deepball is starting to rear its ugly head. The computer's stats are coming out close to perfect. I just need to tone down the human sliders a little more. I can basically run for 200+ yards and hit numerous deepballs, even on the road againsty good teams.

Anyone have any feedback that could help. I think I may lower Human RB to 25, Run Block to 20 and up CPU defensive awareness to 70 and CPU knockdowns to 90.

Be back in a few days with some results.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:10 AM   #44
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I'm still getting too high rushing yards and the deepball is starting to rear its ugly head. The computer's stats are coming out close to perfect. I just need to tone down the human sliders a little more. I can basically run for 200+ yards and hit numerous deepballs, even on the road againsty good teams.

Anyone have any feedback that could help. I think I may lower Human RB to 25, Run Block to 20 and up CPU defensive awareness to 70 and CPU knockdowns to 90.

Be back in a few days with some results.
Yo fist, I wouldn't lower the RBA and the RBK. If you can do both and still be effective, you got some serious skills. I put the Off. for both human and comp. to default other than the comp PBK which is at 20. But what I did to counter the offensive bias was boost up both defenses. I am finally enjoying this game and not tweak, tweak, tweak. The stats are very acurate. Even the infamous pancakes are pretty damn good if I must say so myself.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:39 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
Yo fist, I wouldn't lower the RBA and the RBK. If you can do both and still be effective, you got some serious skills. I put the Off. for both human and comp. to default other than the comp PBK which is at 20. But what I did to counter the offensive bias was boost up both defenses. I am finally enjoying this game and not tweak, tweak, tweak. The stats are very acurate. Even the infamous pancakes are pretty damn good if I must say so myself.
I bumped the CPU Awareness up to 75 and lowered my RBA and RB Block to 30 & 25 and had over 300 yards rushing on 7 minute quarters at Nebraska with Wake Forest. Barclay went nuts and had 284 yards on 18 carries, including and 86 yard TD and a 60 yarder that he was caught from behind. The game was good, the deepball was pretty much gone. I lost the game 28-22. Maybe Barclay is just a stud.

I'm not trying to brag, but it just seems like I can get 200yards rushing easy with an impact RB against even the best defenses. Barclay WF, D Walker ND, Drew UCLA, all can bust runs. Even simple runs like the I dive can get me huge chunks. I would like to think that I can tweak the game so that I can get 150 yards rushing from an impact back on a very good day and around 100 against premium defenses. I'm close and I'll get there.

Thanks for the feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2005, 11:04 AM   #46
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I bumped the CPU Awareness up to 75 and lowered my RBA and RB Block to 30 & 25 and had over 300 yards rushing on 7 minute quarters at Nebraska with Wake Forest. Barclay went nuts and had 284 yards on 18 carries, including and 86 yard TD and a 60 yarder that he was caught from behind. The game was good, the deepball was pretty much gone. I lost the game 28-22. Maybe Barclay is just a stud.

I'm not trying to brag, but it just seems like I can get 200yards rushing easy with an impact RB against even the best defenses. Barclay WF, D Walker ND, Drew UCLA, all can bust runs. Even simple runs like the I dive can get me huge chunks. I would like to think that I can tweak the game so that I can get 150 yards rushing from an impact back on a very good day and around 100 against premium defenses. I'm close and I'll get there.

Thanks for the feedback.
I think that the HFA is the main culprit as to why there's no real consistency. In stats and games for that fact. Ill bet if you tweak your sliders with HFA turned off you will really enjoy the game more. I fought with it over and over. But it's just so much better with it off. Have you tried it off?
Old 09-02-2005, 01:47 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
I think that the HFA is the main culprit as to why there's no real consistency. In stats and games for that fact. Ill bet if you tweak your sliders with HFA turned off you will really enjoy the game more. I fought with it over and over. But it's just so much better with it off. Have you tried it off?

No, but I have settled in with the sliders and the RBA at 30, Run Block 25. My games are getting very good results. I have played 6 games with my new sliders:

Wake (ME) 21, Vandy 19
ND (ME) 21, Pitt 14
Mizzou(Me) 30, Ark St. 6
Bowling Green (Me) 17, Wisc. 52
UCLA (Me) 31, SDSU 21
MSU (Me) 27, Kent 24
Bowling Green (Me) 48, Ball State 31

Yards per carry for all the games ended up right around 4.5 Ypc. Had some big plays and some grind 'em out drives. For the most part the Total Offense yards for the games were spot on with a low of 262, and a high of 484.

After watching Houston hist Bombs against Oregon and Maroney for Minnesota bust 2 60+ runs in the first half at Tulsa last night, I don't feel guilty anymore if I hit some big plays during the games. I am having great fun with his game, so I think I'm done tweaking and I'll just sit back, play, and enjoy.

Thanks for your input jahswill.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »