Home

Games played with Sliders and SIMMED for QB's

This is a discussion on Games played with Sliders and SIMMED for QB's within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Games played with Sliders and SIMMED for QB's

This takes about 15 minutes before you play your weekly Dynasty game. It works about 50% of the time but hey that's just enough over the course of your season to have QB #'s drop in your Dynasty from week to week. In addition by playing your games aswell each week it will help to lower #'s overall when you combine the two methods together.

Basically, if you SIM 1 game at a time that week by the CPU you can view the complete game stats for that matchup. Often times you'll get more realistic QB #'s from atleast one or both QB's who played in that game. I take about 15-20 minutes to do all the games that I'm not going to play. If I get results froma game that are too high by both QB's I hit reset and try again. The games that you feel are close to realistic stats wise you just go and save your progress.

Here's some stats from a few games using this method:

Loiusiana Tech-16 vs Florida-17

Kubik-(11/20-136 yd's 1-TD 2-INT's)

Leak-(17/25-146 yd's 1-TD 2-INT's)

The first time I SIMMED this game both QB's had crazy #'s so I hit reset and tried again this was the results of the second attempt.

Here's another example:

New Mexico St-7 vs Colorado-38

Vincent-(18/31-228 yd's, 1-TD 2-INT's)

Klatt-(16/21-203 yd's, 2-TD's 0-INT)

This time only one QB took a QB ratings drop because of his INT's. But that's cool because the stats won't reflect both QB's having off the chart games. So, I saved the results of this SIMMED game. I could have tried again to get lower #'s but this was ok in my opinion.

I'm a SIM JUNKIE so I do every game this way before actually playing my Dynasty game. However, lets say you don't want to do every game. Then you can just do like 5-10 games a week this way and you'll see QB #'s decline as the year goes on. Just make sure you target guy's each week by looking at their stats. Make sure you hit on each team atleast 2-3 over the year. So, that way a couple of average or bad games by those QB's will drop their #'s over the course of the season.

This is how Chris Leak #'s look after 2 games so far that I simmed for Florida.

Leak-(39/56-381 yd's, 2-TD's 2-INT's 190.5 YPG, 131.4 Rating)

Here's Josh Betts of Miami OH:

Betts-(22/39-322 yd's, 4-TD's 2-INT's 161.0 YPG, 149.4 Rating)

You could do this each week just randomly selecting games then SIM the games one at time until you feel comfortable with either one or both of those QB's stats in that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2005, 06:54 PM   #2
Rookie

David129's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Games played with Sliders and SIMMED for QB's

I did the same thing you're talking about in last year's game. I started Dynasty last year at the same time as the real college season and made the team that won in real life win on the game. But,I played my normal way. At the end of the season I played USC for the National Champtionship. You do not have to wait for the regular season, but just be realistic as far as who would really win in real college football. For example, USC would beat Navy 10 out of 10 times. but on close games, like Miami vs. FSU, you could be your own judge but I would pick Miami. Simulating the games one by one in reviewing the stats will give you a more accurate and realistic season as well as Heisman race also. This was a great idea Playmaker, because I did it last year and it worked great for me. If you have any updated Heisman sliders, would you please update them because I think that is the way to play this year. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »