Home

High frequency of deep passes...

This is a discussion on High frequency of deep passes... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
High frequency of deep passes...

Okay is there a way to stop this? Yeah yeah I know I need to select the proper coverages and I know enough about football and defense to choose the right plays. My issue is that the CPU always goes for the deep ball. I'd say nearly 80% of the passes are 20+ yarders. Where are the short routes? I bumbed up the sliders so that my D-line could break the blocks better, decreased the CPU's blocking ability, heck I even adjust the CPU coaching strategy to be 100% conservative! Even with that done they still opt for the deep ball instead of some quick out route.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: High frequency of deep passes...

You need to set QB accuracy low. QBs make decisions on whether to throw deep related to their confidence of completing. The default sliders give the QB way too much accuracy. I use 15% for QB accuracy. I also set WR catch to 45%, this ensures WRs catch less deep balls given the degree of difficulty is harder catching a deep ball.

You should see a nice drop in deep balls, also should see more running. Of course if you're playing a QB with 99 accuracy you will see more deep balls. I think awareness for the QB might have something to do with it also, not sure how though.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:54 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb7623
You need to set QB accuracy low. QBs make decisions on whether to throw deep related to their confidence of completing. The default sliders give the QB way too much accuracy. I use 15% for QB accuracy. I also set WR catch to 45%, this ensures WRs catch less deep balls given the degree of difficulty is harder catching a deep ball.

You should see a nice drop in deep balls, also should see more running. Of course if you're playing a QB with 99 accuracy you will see more deep balls. I think awareness for the QB might have something to do with it also, not sure how though.

I agree 100%

The Game is too easy passing at Default 50 for CPU and Human. I personally counted over 100 QB's in this game that has accuarcy over 80% in their ratings. That's just all fuched up......this is college football and of those 100 QB's 5 might make the NFL and have a good career.

I"m sure there might be more than 100 but I stopped counting after I saw that B.S.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

one thing that dosent help the deep ball bs is the dbs not attempting to go for the pick or knockdown, they just stare at it, i swear, if they tried to go for it at least if they had good position, this would be the best game evr! butt noooooooooooooo
Old 08-03-2005, 08:41 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Just to touch up on this thread again after 1-2 games I played. I think 25 QBA is great to start off with but now I'm getting to good so I noticed a guy in this thread and another guy Booker from my Heisman thread stated they were using 15%.

So, I tried that setting for 2 games and you can definetly still throw the ball pretty good. I think it really helps on the deep ball overall because with that setting you have to earn your deep ball completions. I could tell the difference between throwing deep with Matt Baker as opposed to with Brad Smith.

So, good reply by the guy who posted the 15% QBA because I think I might use that for now on. It's kinda tough but hey it feels better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2005, 09:48 PM   #6
Rookie

David129's Arena

OVR: 4

I have my Q.B.A. at 20%, a good balance between 15% and 25%.I turn up the D.F.A. to 60% to make the safety's knock down the ball.That helps some but, I don`t know if that can totally fix the problem. I'm using your sliders Playmakers, with these tweaks. The only other problem with this is the long ball seems to be the only ball that you can complete. The simple little 10 yard passes seem to be the harder passes to complete, and in my opinion, it should be vice versa. But just one man's opinion, thanks.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:14 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by David129
I have my Q.B.A. at 20%, a good balance between 15% and 25%.I turn up the D.F.A. to 60% to make the safety's knock down the ball.That helps some but, I don`t know if that can totally fix the problem. I'm using your sliders Playmakers, with these tweaks. The only other problem with this is the long ball seems to be the only ball that you can complete. The simple little 10 yard passes seem to be the harder passes to complete, and in my opinion, it should be vice versa. But just one man's opinion, thanks.

Yeah the ball can sail on you at times with shorter passes if you play with a low QBA. But what I like is that aslong as your OL is going is their job and you have room to step up into the pocket you can deliver the ball with precision. But if you are getting happy feet and moving around it effects your accuarcy more. The best part though is with a mobile QB it effects them if they break the pocket and just fire a pass anywhere without setting their feet. I think if you use it at 15-20% then it's best to have WR catch at 65-70% because that way they'll bail you out a few times if your are off the mark high or low.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:57 PM   #8
Rookie

David129's Arena

OVR: 4

I use UGA and have a good offensive line. I always try to set my feet with the QB before throwing the ball. Also, try to get my tight end the ball on short passes because he is an impact player. My WR catch is on 60%, but if you up the QBA, you not only increase the short passes, but also the long ones and that's not what you want to do. The same with the WR catch. Some people say the solution to this problem is not to throw a deep ball, but if that's one of the only passes you can complete, then you don't have any other choices. And who's really not going to throw a deep ball anyway? That is why I try to establish a solid running game. I try to make it a habit to at least have a balance between running and passing. I play on 10 minute quarters and I like to control the clock. That is why I wish we could find a balance on the passing game between long/short passes to make for longer drives. I like my drives to be about 80 yards with about 10+ plays and eating up at least 4+ minutes a drive. Because to me, that is realistic football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »