Home

Realistic "Coach Mode" Sliders?

This is a discussion on Realistic "Coach Mode" Sliders? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2005, 04:50 PM   #1
Rookie

CKindle's Arena

OVR: 1
Realistic "Coach Mode" Sliders?

I realize that NCAA 06 does not have "coach mode". However, the way I play is close enough without that option. I only call the offensive and defensive formations and plays...and let the AI take over after the snap. I know that isn't most of everyone's cup of tea, yet it is certainly mine being the geezer that I am who is slow on the up take. At any rate, is there anyone out there, with all these sliders available, who can suggest the BEST sliders for this type of play that will provide the most realistic statistics for either Varisity or AA in dynasty mode? I thank you ahead of time....for your suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2005, 06:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Realistic "Coach Mode" Sliders?

9 min Qtrs
Varsity

Offense Hum Comp
QB Acc 60 55
PBk 35 70
WR 70 70
RB 50 70
RBk 35 65

Defense Hum Comp
Awr 25 80
Knock 50 60
Int 60 70
BrkBlk 30 75
Tackle 45 70

ST Hum Comp
FG L 45 45
FG A 20 35
Pnt L 30 30
Pnt A 30 45
KO L 45 35

Penalties
False Start 99
Holding 80
Face Mask 70
OPI 70
DPI 90
Clip 60
Rest 80 except Unsportsmanlike whcih is 50.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Footballfan26's Arena

OVR: 2

Ok someone needs to explain Coach Mode to me. Now I know what it is and how you do it, but why is it fun? I mean don't you just watch the CPU for both sides? It's not like its in demo format. You still have the NCAA Camera View right? Is it actually fun to call the plays and just watch both teams play? I just dont understand how this would be fun. I am interested about this though, b/c it sounds like something different. Well thanks, happy playing...or coaching? lol
Old 09-06-2005, 11:20 PM   #4
Rookie

LordFrieza's Arena

These settings have worked very well for me, so I'm going to post them. I tweaked and tested them all weekend long until I finally got a good set. I have found that you get more realistic results if the settings are maxed (I started with everything at default). I also messed around quite a bit with the coaching settings, but that just ended up giving me a headache, so my sliders do not require any tweaking in the coaching mode settings at all. I have tested this set many times and got varied results. When an A team was playing a D team, I got a blowout and when a C+ team played a C+ team I got a very close game that nearly went to OT. Anyways, here are the settings. Let me know what you think.

LordFrieza's Coach Mode/CPU Vs. CPU sliders Version 1
-----------------------------------------------------

Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Skill Level: Heisman
HFA: OFF

Offense
-------
All Maxed Out (99%)

Defense
-------
All Maxed Out (99%), except Interceptions, which is Zero

Special Teams
-------------
FG Length: 25
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Length: 65
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Length: 55

Please try them and let me know what you think. By the way, I play on PS2, I don't know if that makes any difference.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:49 AM   #5
Rookie

LordFrieza's Arena

Here are the results of the latest game that I tested these sliders on. It was a blowout as expected. Ohio St ran the ball a lot (their coaching setting was 69 Run - 31 Pass) and due to the weak SJSU defense, they were able to gain over 300 yards rushing. SJSU passed a lot because their QB was fairly high rated and was All WAC 1st Team. I've noticed that teams tend to play more according to their stengths rather than to the coach settings. OSU also returned a punt 68 yards for a TD in the first quarter.

#6 Ohio St. 45 at San Jose State 0
==========================

Ohio St. Ratings
---------------
Offense: A-
Defense: A-
Overall: A

SJSU Ratings
------------
Offense: D
Defense: D-
Overall: D

Stats
-----
First Downs: OSU 19 SJSU 14
Total Offense: OSU 505 SJSU 243
Rushes - Yards: OSU 36 - 313 SJSU 18 - (-19) <-- Due to 9 sacks
Comp - Att - TD: OSU 13 - 26 - 2 SJSU 24 - 57 - 0
Passing Yards: OSU 192 SJSU 262

Indiv. Stats
-----------
Passing
-------
OSU QB #10: 12 - 22, 193 Yds, 2 TD, 2 INT
SJSU QB #17: 22 - 50, 236 Yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

Rushing
-------
OSU HB #25: 21 Att, 173 Yds, 8.2 YPC, 1 TD
SJSU HB #36: 7 Att, 16 Yds, 2.2 YPC

Receiving
---------
OSU TE #66: 4 Rec, 47 Yds
SJSU TE #87: 7 Rec, 55 Yds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2005, 04:53 PM   #6
Rookie

CKindle's Arena

Thanks for your input. LordFreiza, I have a problem with the kicking meter at heisman level though...it travels faster than a bad check. I think I will try your's and nofearsp2007's settings at varsity and see how they work out.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:23 AM   #7
Rookie

LordFrieza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKindle
Thanks for your input. LordFreiza, I have a problem with the kicking meter at heisman level though...it travels faster than a bad check. I think I will try your's and nofearsp2007's settings at varsity and see how they work out.
Try lowering the kickoff length to maybe 30 or 25 and the punt length to 35 or 40 if you think its too much as is. I think, though, that shorter punts will lead to more scoring, so I wouldn't recommend doing that. When I tested these settings, I tried them on Varsity, AA and Heisman and it was SO much more realistic on Heisman. In fact, I had never even tried Heisman out until I experimented with these settings.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:52 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKindle
the set i posted probably isnt as good as lordfreiza's. btw those ones i posted are sec21's sliders at utopia football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »