Home

Sliders for HFA OFF players.

This is a discussion on Sliders for HFA OFF players. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2005, 01:35 AM   #17
Rookie

keensupremacy's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Sliders for HFA OFF players.

hey m00d will these also work with coach mode?
Old 10-07-2005, 02:56 AM   #18
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by keensupremacy
hey m00d will these also work with coach mode?
I myself never tested these with coach mode, but a user on another message
board uses them for his coach mode dynasty.
He posted his stats and everything looked good.
You would just have to try them and see, I really can't say.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2005, 02:56 AM   #19
Pro

m00d's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfan26
Hey m00d, I'm definitely gonna try and squeeze some time in this weekend to test out your sliders. Heisman is giving me fits right now! I really like how you created these sliders along with the rushing being a challenge. Sounds great. Anyway look to see some feed back from me this weekend if I have time.

Looking forward to it!
Old 10-08-2005, 06:45 PM   #20
Rookie

Footballfan26's Arena

Gotta say M00d these are great sliders! I couldn't believe how realistic these seemed. I did have troubles with the running game at first but eventually I found some holes and had a good day on the ground. I played as Minnesota @ Tulsa, here are my stats.

Final Score: Min 24-12

Team Stats: MIN/TUL
Pass: 195/57
Rush: 36-155/25-50
Comp-Att-TD: 13-19-1/ 8-19-0
Turnovers: 1/1
1st downs: 17/5
Total Off: 350/107
Sacks: 2/2

Box Score:
M - 0 - 14 - 3 - 7 - 24
T - 3 - 0 - 3 - 6 - 12

Passing
Cupito: 13/18/195 yds, 1 TD, 72%, 2 sacks
Smith: 6/10/39 yds, 60%, 1 sack

Rushing
L. Maroney: 25/123 yds, 4.9 avg, 1 TD, 45 long
U. Parrish: 21/72 yds, 3.4 avg, 16 long, 1 Fum

Receiving
E. Wheelwright: 6-111 yds, 41 long
L. Keopple: 2-30 yds, 16 long

My defense really stepped up in this one. Tulsa's only TD was on a 62 yd punt return for a TD. Meanwhile I was getting stuffed on most of my running plays, then I would come out with the PA and bam big gain. This game was so realistic. Maroney was still under 5 YAC. Which I would like to see every now and then. Basically I came from Heisman and the score would not show that. So however thinks these sliders might not be a challenge, well that pretty much shows how these are still a challenge. The only thing you have to get used to is the running game. Because it IS a dogfight for yardage.

M00d I luv the way you made these sliders. I guess they really worked! lol Everything in this game against Tulsa, I thought looked just like real life, lineman had battles in the trenches, PA works for both teams, the rushing game is tough like it should be, blitzes do cause the QB to rush, mixing up the playcalling does keep the opposing team on their toes. For example, like I said earlier, I had trouble at first rushing the ball. Maroney was 8/17 in the 2nd QT. Until I ran a ISO blast to the weak side with the TE in motion. Not only did this catch them off guard, it allowed my RB to go UP THE MIDDLE and score on a 42 yd run. So this again showed me that RB WILL break away a few times and again thats how it should be. Great job m00d! My enjoyment for this game has just gone up!

PS: I used 7 minute quarters with these, might move up to 8.

Last edited by Footballfan26; 10-08-2005 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:02 PM   #21
Rookie

Footballfan26's Arena

Played another great game!

Final Score: Minnesota(me) 41, Colorado State 15

Team Stats: MIN/CST
Pass: 220/206
Rush: 39-147/16-7
Comp-Att-TD: 14-28-2/ 13-31-1
Turnovers: 1/5
1st downs: 19/9
Total Off: 367/213
Sacks: 5/3

Box Score:
M - 14 - 10 - 7 - 10 - 41
T - 0 - 8 - 0 - 7 - 15

Passing
B. Cupito: 14/27/220 yds, 2 TD, 1 Int, 51%, 4 sacks
J. Holland: 11/28/150 yds, 1 TD, 4 Int, 39%, 3 sacks

Rushing
L. Maroney: 18-136 yds, 7.5 avg, 1 TD, 18 long
N. Ohaeri: 9-23 yds, 2.5 avg, 14 long

What killed the rams in this game was obvioulsy the turnovers. My d-line was getting in the QB's face all day, thus making him throw bad balls. You could even tell on the deep balls, that he was way off b/c of the pressure. I got sacked 5 times because I still like to drop back like 15 yds lol. I just get really scared and rushed. I'm really trying to stay in the pocket though, its just so hard for me. Maroney again played well like he should of, and surprisingly had a 18 yd run for his longest run of the day. Alot better IMO. I started off really crappy as far as passing wise, going 3/11 to start. Eventually I got into a rythm and completed 5 in a row and then slowly crept up around 50% to end the day. I really loved this game it was still realistic. In real life of week 2, Minnesota beat Colorado State 56-24. And guess what Maroney rushed for 135 yards in that game...and looked how much I rushed for in this game^^^.
I really enjoy these M00d, thanks a bunch bro!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 08:50 PM   #22
Pro

m00d's Arena

Footballfan26 ,

Looks like you had a couple great games there. I'm glad the sliders are working
out well for you.

Thanks!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:01 PM   #23
Rookie

Footballfan26's Arena

Yeah these are great have been using them thus far in my Minnesota dynasty and guess what I'm 5-1...just like in real life. Had one of the greatest games I've ever played on NCAA when I played Purdue. Got behind rather quickly but finally got it going and came within 9. Got down the field and scored on 4th and goal on a play action pass. Then kicked the on-side kick and actually recovered (first time ever on '06)! Then marched about 30 yds downfield, with around 1:20 to go, and kick the game winning field goal (42 yds). I won 36-35 over purdue it was awesome. I know it wasn't double overtime like in real life, but man was it close. Then just recently played Penn State (4-0) beat me 22-17. Which in real life Penn State was the only team that beat Minnesota. And next week I got Michigan, so lets hope it stays like real life .

The only thing I don't like about these is that counter run plays and basically most running plays result in a loss. Like my line can't even hold blocks for even a second. But then I do end up with around 120-140 yds rushing with Maroney, so I don't want to really change anything there. I am also getting a mad pass rush, usually resulting in 4 sacks a game. So I may raise Hum Pass Block. But other than that I'm telling you that these are PERFECT! I mean the running game takes awhile to get used to, but after that you get some great games! Thanks again m00d!
Old 10-14-2005, 11:38 AM   #24
Pro

m00d's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfan26
Yeah these are great have been using them thus far in my Minnesota dynasty and guess what I'm 5-1...just like in real life. Had one of the greatest games I've ever played on NCAA when I played Purdue. Got behind rather quickly but finally got it going and came within 9. Got down the field and scored on 4th and goal on a play action pass. Then kicked the on-side kick and actually recovered (first time ever on '06)! Then marched about 30 yds downfield, with around 1:20 to go, and kick the game winning field goal (42 yds). I won 36-35 over purdue it was awesome. I know it wasn't double overtime like in real life, but man was it close. Then just recently played Penn State (4-0) beat me 22-17. Which in real life Penn State was the only team that beat Minnesota. And next week I got Michigan, so lets hope it stays like real life .

The only thing I don't like about these is that counter run plays and basically most running plays result in a loss. Like my line can't even hold blocks for even a second. But then I do end up with around 120-140 yds rushing with Maroney, so I don't want to really change anything there. I am also getting a mad pass rush, usually resulting in 4 sacks a game. So I may raise Hum Pass Block. But other than that I'm telling you that these are PERFECT! I mean the running game takes awhile to get used to, but after that you get some great games! Thanks again m00d!
Recovered a onside then drove to score the winning FG! Oh man that must have been sweet. I've recovered a onside
online once but have yet to get one against the cpu. What a game you had there.
One thing thats helps my running game a bit is to use the FB up the gut.
I'll come out in the triple option and give to the FB up the middle a few times. It
'seems' to me the Cpu will then begin to pinch the line on me opening up
the counters and outside runs a bit. You may already do this just thought I'd
mention it. Good luck against Michigan!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »