Home

Taking Playmaker's Theory Farther...

This is a discussion on Taking Playmaker's Theory Farther... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2005, 05:36 AM   #49
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Taking Playmaker's Theory Farther...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfan26
Rudy maybe I'll give your sliders a go this weekend, when I have time. I have been so busy this week. I've hardly got to play at all. But heres the thing. Right now I'm trying to weigh out the pros and cons of both. And Booker I am not having the same problem as you. If I play with two even teams with Playmaker's Gameday, then the games are close. I dont know maybe you just play better than me lol. But when I do get some time, hopefully this weekend, I will try Rudy's sliders and figure out how to perfect mine even more. And Booker did my sliders work for you, I don't remember if you told me or not. If not what was the problem? Later guys.
hey,
no i don´t think i´m better than you, in fact, on heisman, with your set i had a lot of trouble... i need the CPU D easier, otherwise i can´t move the ball at all.. i lower Awareness and some other stuff of the defensive sliders...
I end up doing a new set, unfortunley, coz it take soo much time to actually find and fix and then test the sliders... but it need it..

I tried today to go back to aa with playmakers AA sliders but again i find them too easy... well not as easy on offense, but i really feel the CPU Need a lot of help to move the ball against me. And that is anoying.. i find myself hoping for the Offense to get that 1st down instead of stoping them on the proccess.

Right now i´m on Hesiman trying to find a balance between AA and heisman... Like i said my biggest problem is the CPU defense, they react to fast and the LB/DB cover a 10yds ratio... wich sucks!.. but at the same time, rudy is right, it force you to read the D a lot and yeah, i agree 100% you play a lot with your HB on flats.

Edit:Ohh on my games, i have a house rule.. i can´t throw deep on a streak pattern. They are just too easy to complete.. and when i do complete one, i feel guilty, so i removed from my game. I only go deep with post, maybe corner sometimes.. but no streak or any pattern that end up on streak.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:05 AM   #50
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Edit:Ohh on my games, i have a house rule.. i canīt throw deep on a streak pattern. They are just too easy to complete.. and when i do complete one, i feel guilty, so i removed from my game. I only go deep with post, maybe corner sometimes.. but no streak or any pattern that end up on streak.
I don't use that house rule. One reason is I do need that TD once in awhile and you have to make the CPU pay for blitzing and leaving guys in single coverage. The deep ball is too easy to complete but I do think with the human QB ACC turned down and the CPU knockdowns maxed out, it does get a lot harder to complete them. If you are 1-1 and your WR is better than the CB you will still get a fair amount of completions which I think is fine. However, throwing into double coverage or where the CB is a good one will be much more difficult. I don't feel guilty because when I turn the CPU QB accuracy up, they hit as many deep balls as I do.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:14 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

oh so much to reply to. first,
booker couldnt agree with you more on all your gripes; feeling bad on AA when stomping the cpu offense and all that jazz. I can also empathize with the bit on the comp D reacting too fast on heisman. It really does make you read the D. After trying, restarting and trying again...(rinse an repeat like ten times) on heisman last night I think what i need to do is get a good playbook going before I try and take a **** team and make them 50/50

which brings me to my next point; Does anyone have a suggestion for a good playbook that they have preferably had success with on heisman? I use ECU's for like 10 yrs. of a dynasty and it has gotten stale. I would like to run some option and outside runs but mainly focus on the passing game, short passing game to be exact.

Rudy, question for you after using your heisman sliders last night: Why do you have the cpu D knockdown maxed out? It was frustrating me not being able to complete many passes but i feel it may be unrealistic if i take it down too much. Also, with your sliders are you getting good run blocking? I was getting smoked on the line but i feel it was mainly due to my inferior linemen. and lastly, do you get a lot of fumbles? I did and I think i may lower both mine and the comps TAK rating to correct this, again though it is probably my crappy HB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2005, 10:50 AM   #52
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalitunabonsai
Rudy, question for you after using your heisman sliders last night: Why do you have the cpu D knockdown maxed out? It was frustrating me not being able to complete many passes but i feel it may be unrealistic if i take it down too much. Also, with your sliders are you getting good run blocking? I was getting smoked on the line but i feel it was mainly due to my inferior linemen. and lastly, do you get a lot of fumbles? I did and I think i may lower both mine and the comps TAK rating to correct this, again though it is probably my crappy HB.
I max out the knockdowns because I often find that the coverage is good on the deep ball but the defensive backs don't play the ball well. I reduce the CPU awareness to loosen the coverage but if they are in position to make a play, I want them to actually knock down the ball. I think the good coverage is more due to the CPU awareness than knockdowns. Again, the reaction time of LBs especially in coverage is my biggest beef with Heisman.

I struggle running the ball with an inferior line. I've used the practice mode and exhibition modes with different teams and you may need to bump it up if you like. In my dynasty, my OL is great and I don't want it any higher. I have really struggled when playing a half with a crappy OL but I haven't determined if that's realistic or needs a tweak. Tweak to your preference.

I am seeing more fumbles on Heisman than AA but I'm not sure why. I do tend to see it more by the visiting team (me or CPU) so I'm going to experiment with HFA off to see if it makes much of a difference.

As for playbooks, UAB has a good base one but I use a custom one now with a lot of ACE formations, base I formation, flexbone and 4 and 5 wide shotgun formations. Having a comfortable playbook with good plays (that you know) are crucial to success on Heisman. I can't just freelance around with a scrambler anymore. Rollouts are much tougher as well.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:36 PM   #53
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

This link has all the playbooks of every team. When you click on a team it will show all of their formations and you can click a link above to show each and every play as well.

http://www.sportsgameratings.com/modules/NCAAdisplay/
Old 12-07-2005, 01:01 PM   #54
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't use that house rule. One reason is I do need that TD once in awhile and you have to make the CPU pay for blitzing and leaving guys in single coverage. The deep ball is too easy to complete but I do think with the human QB ACC turned down and the CPU knockdowns maxed out, it does get a lot harder to complete them. If you are 1-1 and your WR is better than the CB you will still get a fair amount of completions which I think is fine. However, throwing into double coverage or where the CB is a good one will be much more difficult. I don't feel guilty because when I turn the CPU QB accuracy up, they hit as many deep balls as I do.
yeah the cpu does go deep and is a pain to defend, but again i donīt feel good with myself by competing deep... i feel if you leave my WR 1 on 1 iīll get it most of the time, i know on 1 on 1 situation the WR has the advantage, but when u can score on a drive by just going deep, you know there is something wrong on it.

The AI just donīt React to your playcalling, if u burn the CB once.. give him some support, donīt leave him 1on1s, pecially with my playmaker, etc...those kind of "tactics" Games donīt do it, so this is why we have to have "spead cheat", or 1on1 de Defende has the advantage, stuff.. otherwise, we end up with this...

but each on his own, if u play with the deep ball, perfect.. but it donīt work for me thatīs all.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #55
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I max out the knockdowns because I often find that the coverage is good on the deep ball but the defensive backs don't play the ball well. I reduce the CPU awareness to loosen the coverage but if they are in position to make a play, I want them to actually knock down the ball. I think the good coverage is more due to the CPU awareness than knockdowns. Again, the reaction time of LBs especially in coverage is my biggest beef with Heisman.

I struggle running the ball with an inferior line. I've used the practice mode and exhibition modes with different teams and you may need to bump it up if you like. In my dynasty, my OL is great and I don't want it any higher. I have really struggled when playing a half with a crappy OL but I haven't determined if that's realistic or needs a tweak. Tweak to your preference.

I am seeing more fumbles on Heisman than AA but I'm not sure why. I do tend to see it more by the visiting team (me or CPU) so I'm going to experiment with HFA off to see if it makes much of a difference.

As for playbooks, UAB has a good base one but I use a custom one now with a lot of ACE formations, base I formation, flexbone and 4 and 5 wide shotgun formations. Having a comfortable playbook with good plays (that you know) are crucial to success on Heisman. I can't just freelance around with a scrambler anymore. Rollouts are much tougher as well.
i defintalty see less fumble with HFA off.. i already said befire, the game seems more balance with HFA off... don´t ask me why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2005, 08:09 AM   #56
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Hey football

I got Madden 06 for my comp and joined a couple of leagues so I have been out of commision with NCAA for a while.

Holla at me if yall need my help with any of the heisman sliders.

Later guys
Hotshot

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »