Home

Desmond Howard Sliders= Perfection

This is a discussion on Desmond Howard Sliders= Perfection within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2005, 04:44 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Desmond Howard Sliders= Perfection

Guys, it may be true that the sliders are great but it's certainly not somthing that was done on purpose. The game simply converts whatever you type in into a code that fits the 8 character format it uses for slider codes. It's not like they programmed "Desmond Howard" as a special code or anything. You can type anything and see what it gives you. You can also type Desmoind for Defense or special teams and it will give you the same slider combination for the special teams sliders.

So it's just a coincidence that the translation works out so well when you use Desmond for offense and Howard for defense. Nothing more. With that said, enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2005, 05:23 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

With all of these people saying how good the game is it makes me want to go out and give it a rental since I don't own it anymore.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:06 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcnyc1
Also, I have a couple of other EA games laying around which I will apply the samae theory of the cover athlete to the sliders and see what happens.
Sure, why don't you type in "Donovan" for offense and "McNabb" for defense in ncaa, to use it for madden 06.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:43 AM   #28
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Guys, it may be true that the sliders are great but it's certainly not somthing that was done on purpose. The game simply converts whatever you type in into a code that fits the 8 character format it uses for slider codes. It's not like they programmed "Desmond Howard" as a special code or anything. You can type anything and see what it gives you. You can also type Desmoind for Defense or special teams and it will give you the same slider combination for the special teams sliders.

So it's just a coincidence that the translation works out so well when you use Desmond for offense and Howard for defense. Nothing more. With that said, enjoy!
I tried this tonight on heisman and then All-American. I thought it played better on heisman. The DB's for me and the CPU played better than I have seen and the CPU only went deep once (a ball my db swatted away). I actually was getting beat 21-0 by Miss. St. (I was UF), but it was only because I am not used to kicking on Heisman and kept shanking my punts. I couldn't stop MSU from scoring when they kept getting the ball inside my 30. On All American I played the same game and won 21-14. I saw way to many drops and both QB's completed in the 30% range. Just thought I'd post some results.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:40 AM   #29
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfan26
No this IS real. I have messed around on about 2 games, and they feel awesome! Booker give them a try. I was using them on Heisman and I didn't feel cheated anymore. They may look uneven but just wait till you play a game with them.

And Rudy all you need to do is enter "desmond" for both offenses, and "howard" for both defenses. I'm not quite sure about the attributes b/c i dont have the game here in front of me right now. But one thing I did notice was WR Catching is at 40! But still it plays soooooo much better!

And about EA hiding this from us. It all makes sense. If they didnt hide this everyone would be playing with the same settings, but also nobody would be spending hours and hours testing for sliders. I believe they wanted many people to test sliders for months and then get frustrated and then turn around and want to buy the next one, to see if stuff was fixed. It's all marketing. They piss us off then pull us in to buy the next one. So there's my two cents, but no these are real just give them a try.
ok man, i trust you, i´m going to try this and see what happen.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:36 AM   #30
Nza
MVP

This is by far the most profound thing I have ever seen in a videogame ever. I can't even fathom the process by EA to center the slider system around a "hidden code". At the very least they would have had to made the code system work around this, so "Desmond Howard" would equate to sliders they considered the best.

I haven't played much of NCAA06, but in Madden 06 on All Madden, pretty much any sensible slider set works pretty well - it is night and day between a few sets when you get really picky, but overall, AM is just good this year. Is it possible this is just a plausible slider set by conincidence? I mean, does NCAA 06 have a pretty broad spectrum of good gameplay sliders, or is this far too unlikely to be a coincidence? Because if so, this is truely amazing.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:51 AM   #31
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

There was a file on Utopia that figured out the codes. If you entered your slider set, it spit out the appropriate code for the sliders. It doesn't work backwards though where you can enter a name and see what the corresponding sliders are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2005, 11:25 AM   #32
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
This is by far the most profound thing I have ever seen in a videogame ever. I can't even fathom the process by EA to center the slider system around a "hidden code". At the very least they would have had to made the code system work around this, so "Desmond Howard" would equate to sliders they considered the best.

I haven't played much of NCAA06, but in Madden 06 on All Madden, pretty much any sensible slider set works pretty well - it is night and day between a few sets when you get really picky, but overall, AM is just good this year. Is it possible this is just a plausible slider set by conincidence? I mean, does NCAA 06 have a pretty broad spectrum of good gameplay sliders, or is this far too unlikely to be a coincidence? Because if so, this is truely amazing.
This is what i believe... every time when we tweak sliders the result are very different... i mean, how many times you play a game with the same set and then play another and they are night and day?.

maybe this slider is just one more of all.. and some of you had a good game, while other won´t.

To close my idea, heisman, imo is great, the only problem i have are the CPU OL and DL, the CPU has the advantage to crazy levels,this is my only concern about Heisman and of course, the "too easy to go deep", beside this heisman is really nice game... so again i agree with Nza...

I´m going to try this right now...

ok, i need help... i type it but then it change to any other code name... when i move from CPu to Human... could someone guide me on this?

Last edited by booker21; 12-20-2005 at 11:43 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »