Home

Guilt-free Sliders

This is a discussion on Guilt-free Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Guilt-free Sliders

GUILT-FREE SLIDERS

After about 4 or 5 years of dynasty on the AA level, I could no longer tweak the sliders anymore to provide the challenge and type of gameplay from the computer I wanted. I consider myself an above average player who is pretty good at running the ball and playing defense while being fairly mediocre at passing (except for the deep ball which is too easy). I tried out Heisman but felt it was too hard at first. After a few games though I could no longer go back to AA so I worked on coming up with a slider set for me.

I call these guilt-free sliders because you will actually want to start a dynasty with a good team rather than a crappy one. For my skill level, I have a 50% chance of winning if the two teams are balanced with these heisman sliders. These sliders may be for you if you like the challenge of stopping the computer and their great players, particularly their running game. Heisman forces you to call a good game and gameplan for great players. If you don’t like impact players, don’t try these.

These sliders are slanted in favour of the human player. Special teams are much harder on this level and the zone defense of the computer is probably the biggest obstacle to passing but give them a shot if AA is starting to bore you. Unfortunately I turn HFA off on Heisman since there are too many fumbles with it on. The deep ball is still too easy (maybe some guilt) but I don’t think a truly perfect set is possible.

DIFFICULTY HEISMAN
HFA OFF

OFFENSE HUM CPU
QB ACC 35 50
PASS BLK 90 30
WR CATCH 75 75
RB ABLTY 40 40
RUN BLK 65 45

DEFENSE HUM CPU
AWR 45 0
KNKDWNS 99 75
INT 40 40
BRK BLK 65 40
TKL 75 50

SP TEAMS HUM CPU
FG LNGTH 40 35
FG ACC 99 25
PNT LNGTH 40 45
PNT ACC 99 50
KO LNGTH 40 40

PENALTIES HUM CPU
ALL 50 50
EXCEPTIONS:
UNSPTSMLK 0 0
FACEMASK 30 30
OFF PS INTF 70 70
DEF PS INTF 60 60

Rudy

(Tweak penalties to your liking but I don't like seeing many. With these you might see 2-3 a game).

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 01-12-2006 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Just tweaked a couple of things
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2006, 02:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Guilt-free Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
GUILT-FREE SLIDERS

After about 4 or 5 years of dynasty on the AA level, I could no longer tweak the sliders anymore to provide the challenge and type of gameplay from the computer I wanted. I consider myself an above average player who is pretty good at running the ball and playing defense while being fairly mediocre at passing (except for the deep ball which is too easy). I tried out Heisman but felt it was too hard at first. After a few games though I could no longer go back to AA so I worked on coming up with a slider set for me.

I call these guilt-free sliders because you will actually want to start a dynasty with a good team rather than a crappy one. For my skill level, I have a 50% chance of winning if the two teams are balanced with these heisman sliders. These sliders may be for you if you like the challenge of stopping the computer and their great players, particularly their running game. Heisman forces you to call a good game and gameplan for great players. If you don’t like impact players, don’t try these.

These sliders are slanted in favour of the human player. Special teams are much harder on this level and the zone defense of the computer is probably the biggest obstacle to passing but give them a shot if AA is starting to bore you. Unfortunately I turn HFA off on Heisman since there are too many fumbles with it on. The deep ball is still too easy (maybe some guilt) but I don’t think a truly perfect set is possible.

DIFFICULTY HEISMAN
HFA OFF

OFFENSE HUM CPU
QB ACC 35 50
PASS BLK 95 45
WR CATCH 75 75
RB ABLTY 40 40
RUN BLK 75 50

DEFENSE HUM CPU
AWR 45 0
KNKDWNS 99 75
INT 40 40
BRK BLK 65 50
TKL 75 50

SP TEAMS HUM CPU
FG LNGTH 40 35
FG ACC 99 30
PNT LNGTH 40 45
PNT ACC 99 50
KO LNGTH 40 40

PENALTIES HUM CPU
ALL 50 50
EXCEPTIONS:
UNSPTSMLK 0 0
FACEMASK 30 30
OFF PS INTF 70 70
DEF PS INTF 60 60

Rudy

(Tweak penalties to your liking but I don't like seeing many. With these you might see 2-3 a game).
How many minutes do you play with these sliders?
Old 01-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

7 minutes. It takes about an hour to play. The scoring is on the high side but its still possible to get a defensive game depending on the teams. You can use whatever you like.

I lost to USC with Texas in my Rose Bowl rematch 47-44 in double OT with 7 minute quarters (37 all at the end of regulation). I took USC against Texas later and beat them by 3 TDs (42-21?) although it was actually closer than that. I punched one in at the end when they went for it instead of kneeling. Vince Young was quite bad in the game - threw 3 INTs and had 1 fumble. He did rush for over 100 yards on me but one pick was just awful. This really contrasted when I went up against Leinart who went 30-42 against me in the first game. My main focus was on Bush and I held him under 100 yards on 25 carries. When I played with Bush I rushed for 98 yards and caught 4 balls for 89 yards with 4 TDs overall. I stunk passing with Leinart early but finished 14-31 for 277 yards I think which wasn't too bad.

Just played a couple of good games. I lost by 2 TDs to FSU with Miami (they scored late on a 4th down gamble at midfield to put the game away) and beat Georgia Tech with Georgia by a TD. Leon Washington went nuts on me early and really hurt me running out of the shotgun. He had around a dozen carries and over 100 yards by half. I ended up holding him to just over 150 yards and under 5 yards a carry by the end of the game but couldn't win. Shockley was a little off his accuracy in the GT game and their little QB scrambled for over 100 yards on me. I had to double their impact WR who had almost 200 yards receiving which really helped me pull out the win.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
7 minutes. It takes about an hour to play. The scoring is on the high side but its still possible to get a defensive game depending on the teams. You can use whatever you like.

I lost to USC with Texas in my Rose Bowl rematch 47-44 in double OT with 7 minute quarters (37 all at the end of regulation). I took USC against Texas later and beat them by 3 TDs (42-21?) although it was actually closer than that. I punched one in at the end when they went for it instead of kneeling. Vince Young was quite bad in the game - threw 3 INTs and had 1 fumble. He did rush for over 100 yards on me but one pick was just awful. This really contrasted when I went up against Leinart who went 30-42 against me in the first game. My main focus was on Bush and I held him under 100 yards on 25 carries. When I played with Bush I rushed for 98 yards and caught 4 balls for 89 yards with 4 TDs overall. I stunk passing with Leinart early but finished 14-31 for 277 yards I think which wasn't too bad.

Just played a couple of good games. I lost by 2 TDs to FSU with Miami (they scored late on a 4th down gamble at midfield to put the game away) and beat Georgia Tech with Georgia by a TD. Leon Washington went nuts on me early and really hurt me running out of the shotgun. He had around a dozen carries and over 100 yards by half. I ended up holding him to just over 150 yards and under 5 yards a carry by the end of the game but couldn't win. Shockley was a little off his accuracy in the GT game and their little QB scrambled for over 100 yards on me. I had to double their impact WR who had almost 200 yards receiving which really helped me pull out the win.

Have you had great success with these? Are they still being realistic for you? I watched a game with them. (USC vs. Texas) The final score was 35-25.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:57 PM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starze
Have you had great success with these? Are they still being realistic for you? I watched a game with them. (USC vs. Texas) The final score was 35-25.
I have had a lot of fun with these. The scores will be on the high side but by no means is the punter useless. They are pretty balanced which is what I want. I want the run and pass game to be balanced so you can't just run or pass all day. I also want the game to be balanced so if you play with even teams, you would win about 50% of the time. These work for me but it depends on your skill level. Having ultra realistic stats (yards per carry, yard per completion) is nice but not my ultimate goal.

I played about 80-90 games on AA before making the switch and have probably played about 20-25 games on Heisman. For me, I like the feel of the running game better on Heisman for both sides. I didn't feel AA could make the game tough enough on me without reducing the running back ability slider to where I felt I was running in mud. Then it wasn't any fun.

If you are a little bored on AA, want a more realistic and challenging running game for both you and to stop the CPU, these will probably work well. I have the CPU awareness at 0 and believe it or not, its probably the same as at least a 75 on AA if not higher. They still cover well but if you are a passing guru simply increase this. On heisman you will see special teams get a lot harder and passing against zones get a lot harder but the game feels better imo. I feel this set is more like an advanced version of AA rather than a true Heisman set and I've had a lot of fun as well as close and realistic games for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2006, 01:54 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
I have had a lot of fun with these. The scores will be on the high side but by no means is the punter useless. They are pretty balanced which is what I want. I want the run and pass game to be balanced so you can't just run or pass all day. I also want the game to be balanced so if you play with even teams, you would win about 50% of the time. These work for me but it depends on your skill level. Having ultra realistic stats (yards per carry, yard per completion) is nice but not my ultimate goal.

I played about 80-90 games on AA before making the switch and have probably played about 20-25 games on Heisman. For me, I like the feel of the running game better on Heisman for both sides. I didn't feel AA could make the game tough enough on me without reducing the running back ability slider to where I felt I was running in mud. Then it wasn't any fun.

If you are a little bored on AA, want a more realistic and challenging running game for both you and to stop the CPU, these will probably work well. I have the CPU awareness at 0 and believe it or not, its probably the same as at least a 75 on AA if not higher. They still cover well but if you are a passing guru simply increase this. On heisman you will see special teams get a lot harder and passing against zones get a lot harder but the game feels better imo. I feel this set is more like an advanced version of AA rather than a true Heisman set and I've had a lot of fun as well as close and realistic games for me.
Have you made any updates or are they still going great for you? These are probably the best Heisman sliders I've seen in a while. I'm still on AA trying to master everything so I can finally play on the hardest level.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:47 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Glad you are enjoying them. I've made some minor tweaks. Most have been one click here or there (mainly in my favour). The only significant change was dropping the CPU pass block quite a bit. I found they had all day on 3rd and long. I've actually seen that you need to slant your defensive line to get a better pass rush. I did most of my testing with letting the CPU players rush instead of myself (bump back up if you think its too easy). I've dropped CPU FG accuracy to 25 which I haven't tested enough but they barely missed at 30. Edit: I haven't seen them miss a kick at 25 so dropping to 20.

I think I am done tweaking for the most part. Human run blocking may be slightly high but overall I'm very happy. I had some great games this weekend and have actually started two new dynasties with Alabama and Georgia this weekend. I'm 1-1 with Bama and 2-0 with Georgia having won a 17-14 game against South Carolina. Here is my latest set:

OFFENSE HUM CPU
QB ACC 35 50
PASS BLK 90 20
WR CATCH 75 75
RB ABLTY 40 40
RUN BLK 65 45

DEFENSE HUM CPU
AWR 45 0
KNKDWNS 99 75
INT 40 40
BRK BLK 65 40
TKL 75 50

SP TEAMS HUM CPU
FG LNGTH 40 35
FG ACC 99 20
PNT LNGTH 40 45
PNT ACC 99 50
KO LNGTH 40 40

Rudy

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 01-21-2006 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Dropped CPU FG Accuracy
Old 02-05-2006, 10:29 AM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Just dropped the CPU pass block to make it more fair. I was 1-3 in my Alabama dynasty and decided to quit that one. I'm 5-2 with Georgia who has many more playmakers on offense except for RB and a great front 7.

7 min quarters, HFA off

OFFENSE HUM CPU
QB ACC 35 50
PASS BLK 90 15
WR CATCH 75 75
RB ABLTY 40 40
RUN BLK 65 50

DEFENSE HUM CPU
AWR 45 0
KNKDWNS 99 75
INT 40 40
BRK BLK 70 40
TKL 75 50

SP TEAMS HUM CPU
FG LNGTH 40 35
FG ACC 99 0
PNT LNGTH 40 45
PNT ACC 99 50
KO LNGTH 40 40

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »