Home

Old 06-19-2006, 02:29 PM   #1
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
NCAA 07 Sliders

Hey. I love the NCAA series, so I plan on making some sliders. Here's the deal, though - I need your help on how to go about this. You may ask, What's the rush? The game's a month away! Well - as of today, less than a month , and second, I love NCAA. So, here's Ver. 1.0 of how I'm going to do rosters:

Difficulty: AA or Heisman (Which do you prefer - may put out seperate sliders for each difficulty)

Below is the template I plan to follow. This example is what I'd do to set up the Human Offense aspects of teh sliders, but you can use them for everything. To get the CPU to run a play correctly 15 times, you'll need to run it about 20-25 times in Practice.

*Choose a team with a B-, B, or B+ for both Offense and Defense (preferably the same ranking for both O and D)
*Select a play that will test one attribute of sliders - ex. QB Accuracy
*Run play 15 times, see if attribute seems to be realistic
*Repeat for all attributes
*Play full game w/ same teams, see if final human offense/CPU defense seems to be realistic

Also, I may put out seperate sliders for people who play different time settings. My preference is seven minutes, but I've seen six-nine minute fans. Also, possibly there's a chance of trying for realistic 15 minute sliders.

Anyone have a better way to find sliders, or tweak my way of creating them? Also, I would like to ask for another person to test these sliders with me for when the game comes out. Just so you know, these will be tested on the current-gen version.

Last edited by TheGamingChef; 06-25-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 02:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Footballfan26's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 07 Sliders

Hey man sounds like a great idea! Hope everything works with that, can't wait to see what you come up with. I also can't wait for 07! Sounds like a great stragedy and hopefully it will work.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Before anyone starts testing and messing with sliders, you should play at least a dozen games on default to see what issues there may be. To truly test sliders, you have to use even teams and also be good at the game. If your own skill set is improving during your testing phase, the slider work may be flawed.

I personally just play the game and tweak as I go after awhile. I will admit that I did some testing for NCAA 2006 as well since I had such a hard time dealing with some issues (running game, deep ball). Obviously it would be nice if the default sliders were close to what everyone would like. Last year both AA (too easy) and Heisman (too hard) on default were pretty bad once you got the hang of the game. I wish they would make a 5th difficulty between AA and Heisman or make last year's AA the Varsity set this year and have AA as a true challenge for the good gamer.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:29 PM   #4
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

rudyjuly, I'll be sure to play a couple games on default and find issues. But because I will be playing current-gen, I'm thinking the gameplay will be similar to NCAA 06. My starting point for sliders this year will be completed sliders from last year - if you have any NCAA 06 sliders that worked well for you, post them here.

Of course, if I find many different issues from NCAA 06 in the games I play, obviously I will change my tact. I'm guessing that it will be similar.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:06 PM   #5
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

I do understand your thinking (Chef) however - what if using your method (B vs B), The offense is a "B" simply due to exceptional OL & RB's vs a defense which is only a "B" because of outstanding corners & safeties? Wouldn't something like this skew the rushing results?

I have always gotten my best results simply using

-the same team vs each other
-alternating games playing both sides of the ball (assuming cpu/ human sets differ)
-adjusting sliders until the stats are very comparable

I did this last year and came up with a set that got very good reviews from several people. A set where the ratings meant something. No upsets unless the ranked team turned the ball over, or there was an outstanding play by the unranked team.

Bur hey, if yours work out well I will surely use them.

Last edited by arichzona; 06-25-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

Arichzona, I actually like that idea somewhat better. Thanks for your reasoning. I amended my template to include your idea.

Also, if you have NCAA 06 sliders, post them here! I need many 06 sliders that worked for a variety of people to base my 07 sliders off of.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:43 PM   #7
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

I will have to back to last years posts to find a link.....my most successful ones were actually for AA level - and I tried everyone's above that level as well. I remember the thread name was 6 min AA........check "playmakers" also if you are looking for ideas.

EDIT:

these were from last year........

Originally Posted by arichzona
alright, I updated these a little bit as I am breaking too many tackles and once you have a really good secondary, even good QB's get shut down....

Offense
H---C
10/25
20/85
70/75
10/20
15/95

Defense
H---C
0/20
65/99
10/10
0/5
0/10

Last edited by arichzona; 06-25-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:49 PM   #8
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

Found yours - these are your second version. I'll post them:

6 minutes, AA

OFFENSE:
H---C
5---20
20--80
70--75
10--20
10--95

DEFENSE:
H---C
0---20
65--99
10--10
0---5
0---5

Also you had found some Special Teams ones that you didn't create:

--------H/C
FGLng 25/25
FGAcc 0/5
PLng 40/40
PAcc 0/30
KOLng 25/35

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »