Home

Mudtiger slider log

This is a discussion on Mudtiger slider log within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 03:16 PM   #9
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mudtiger slider log

Sounds pretty good for now; I'll be testing soon. Yeah, you should bump the CPU running/run blocking a little bit and you'll be good I think. Then comes time for the little tweaks for perfection
Old 07-19-2006, 03:28 PM   #10
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't think Heisman is for me, it would take more small tweaks on AA to get a more fair and balanced game for me on AA than heisman. I played a little over a quarter on hesiman, Clemson against Temple and there were 6 big hits, 5 tackles for loss and the Temple quarterback was hitting everything spot on and I was getting beat 14-0 as Clemson after the first quarter. The cpu just seemed too fast for my tastes and both lines seemed unstoppable for the cpu.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:30 PM   #11
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

I think Heisman is better (and this is coming from a lifetime AA player) because the AI is so good. If you tweak the sliders the right way, you can have a playable game just like AA except with better AI. Makes it more realistic.

mudtiger, what are your penalty settings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 04:10 PM   #12
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
I think Heisman is better (and this is coming from a lifetime AA player) because the AI is so good. If you tweak the sliders the right way, you can have a playable game just like AA except with better AI. Makes it more realistic.

mudtiger, what are your penalty settings?
I agree 100% with that. I've always played on AA too. If you stick with it, heisman is a blast.

Penalty settings so far are 99% holding and 10% unsportsmen, the rest are default. I haven't really seen a need yet to make any other changes although clipping seems to be creeping in too much, but not that bad so far.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hesiman
9 minutes
Default sliders except for:

Pass block 90 for human and cpu
Interceptions 25 for human and cpu
sub out 75
sub in 85

Mizzou (me) at Colorado

COL WIN
MU 10 - COL 30

1st Q
MU 0 - COL 3
2nd Q
MU 3 - COL 17
3rd Q
MU 10 - COL 24
4th Q
MU 10 - COL 30

MU
total offense 396
plays 58
rush 25-92 yds
pass 23-33 for 304 yds
INT 1
sacked 1
time 18:22

COL
total offense 356
plays 54
rush 38-195 yds
pass 10-16 for 161 yds
INT 0
sacked 3
time 17:38

MU
QB Daniel 23-33 for 304 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 69%
HB Woods 21-103 yds, long of 27, 2 20+ yard runs, 2 fumbles
TE Rucker 5-73 yds
WR Ekwerekwu 6-96 yds
WR Saunders 5-66 yds, 1 TD

COL
QB 10-16 for 161 yds, 2 TD, 62%
HB 30-156 yds, 5.2 avg, 1 TD, long of 25
WR 4-104 yds, 2 TD, long of 71
MLB #49 10 tackles, 2 fumbles forced, 1 recovered (this impact player destroyed me)

I figured that if I wanted to see the cpu run the ball I should take Mizzou to the Buffs. Sure enough, they ran wild.

I actually was in this game in the 3rd. I had scored to make it 17 to 10, got the ball back and had a nice drive going, but mr impact MLB for the buffs forced a fumble and colorado got a huge amount of momentum and never looked back.

I'm quite satisfied with the human passing game other than it may be a bit easy to chuck the deep ball. I'm not about to change anything to address that as I don't play a chuck and pray type of game plus the short and intermediate passing game feels right.

CPU can run the ball. If any adjustments are needed, they would be small nudges. Human can run the ball, but it is rough going. You really have to call plays to take advantage of the type of back you have. Mizzou's Marcus Woods is a fast guy and I really have to try and call him plays that get him outside where he can use his speed and moves. Going up the gut with him doesn't yield much as I hardly ever get the animation that has him dragging a guy forward for an extra 3 or 4 yards, which I love. A little guy doesn't get that animation so much whereas when I play as Navy, their impact FB Adam Ballard gets that animation a lot making running up the gut worth it.

General notes on Mizzou...throw to TE Rucker, you will be rewarded. I'm surprised at how well QB Chase Daniel is rated and how well he throws in this game, hopefully real life Chase Daniel is this good. Take advantage of WR Ekwerekwu's 6'4" size. Get HB Woods to the outside.

MizzouRah, do you have any insight into Missouri's roster? Who is HB #22? I've got 20 as Woods, 1 as Jimmy Jackson, and 7 as Goldsmith, but who is 22? He's a 5'9" 190 lb JR ranked 2nd on the depth chart as an 84 overall. I have no idea who he is. Or how about WR #80, a true freshmen?

EDIT: AHHHHH, 22 is Tony Temple. He wasn't on the spring depth chart as he is coming back from shoulder surgery, but should be 100% for the season opener. I don't know how I forgot about him. I still don't know who WR #80 is though.

Last edited by mudtiger; 07-19-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:15 PM   #13
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

These look really good, mudtiger, I'm liking them. Great basis for my own personal tweaks (as I'm not that talented of a player).
Old 07-19-2006, 04:55 PM   #14
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
I agree 100% with that. I've always played on AA too. If you stick with it, heisman is a blast.

Penalty settings so far are 99% holding and 10% unsportsmen, the rest are default. I haven't really seen a need yet to make any other changes although clipping seems to be creeping in too much, but not that bad so far.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hesiman
9 minutes
Default sliders except for:

Pass block 90 for human and cpu
Interceptions 25 for human and cpu
sub out 75
sub in 85

Mizzou (me) at Colorado

COL WIN
MU 10 - COL 30

1st Q
MU 0 - COL 3
2nd Q
MU 3 - COL 17
3rd Q
MU 10 - COL 24
4th Q
MU 10 - COL 30

MU
total offense 396
plays 58
rush 25-92 yds
pass 23-33 for 304 yds
INT 1
sacked 1
time 18:22

COL
total offense 356
plays 54
rush 38-195 yds
pass 10-16 for 161 yds
INT 0
sacked 3
time 17:38

MU
QB Daniel 23-33 for 304 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 69%
HB Woods 21-103 yds, long of 27, 2 20+ yard runs, 2 fumbles
TE Rucker 5-73 yds
WR Ekwerekwu 6-96 yds
WR Saunders 5-66 yds, 1 TD

COL
QB 10-16 for 161 yds, 2 TD, 62%
HB 30-156 yds, 5.2 avg, 1 TD, long of 25
WR 4-104 yds, 2 TD, long of 71
MLB #49 10 tackles, 2 fumbles forced, 1 recovered (this impact player destroyed me)

I figured that if I wanted to see the cpu run the ball I should take Mizzou to the Buffs. Sure enough, they ran wild.

I actually was in this game in the 3rd. I had scored to make it 17 to 10, got the ball back and had a nice drive going, but mr impact MLB for the buffs forced a fumble and colorado got a huge amount of momentum and never looked back.

I'm quite satisfied with the human passing game other than it may be a bit easy to chuck the deep ball. I'm not about to change anything to address that as I don't play a chuck and pray type of game plus the short and intermediate passing game feels right.

CPU can run the ball. If any adjustments are needed, they would be small nudges. Human can run the ball, but it is rough going. You really have to call plays to take advantage of the type of back you have. Mizzou's Marcus Woods is a fast guy and I really have to try and call him plays that get him outside where he can use his speed and moves. Going up the gut with him doesn't yield much as I hardly ever get the animation that has him dragging a guy forward for an extra 3 or 4 yards, which I love. A little guy doesn't get that animation so much whereas when I play as Navy, their impact FB Adam Ballard gets that animation a lot making running up the gut worth it.

General notes on Mizzou...throw to TE Rucker, you will be rewarded. I'm surprised at how well QB Chase Daniel is rated and how well he throws in this game, hopefully real life Chase Daniel is this good. Take advantage of WR Ekwerekwu's 6'4" size. Get HB Woods to the outside.

MizzouRah, do you have any insight into Missouri's roster? Who is HB #22? I've got 20 as Woods, 1 as Jimmy Jackson, and 7 as Goldsmith, but who is 22? He's a 5'9" 190 lb JR ranked 2nd on the depth chart as an 84 overall. I have no idea who he is. Or how about WR #80, a true freshmen?

EDIT: AHHHHH, 22 is Tony Temple. He wasn't on the spring depth chart as he is coming back from shoulder surgery, but should be 100% for the season opener. I don't know how I forgot about him. I still don't know who WR #80 is though.
Not sure about that WR either. I did well with Temple last year though.

These tweaks look great! Can't wait to try them tonight.

Thanks|!!
Old 07-20-2006, 01:03 AM   #15
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

After another 3 games and a handful of half games, I think I"m going to abandon heisman for a little bit. Unfortunately it's due to only one issue, jump the snap. The pass block slider doesn't really seem to help to neutralize it. I don't know what the deal was, but I was getting destroyed every game no matter who I played against and it was mostly due to jump the snap.

To clarify, my issue with jump the snap is that on heisman the cpu can do it almost at will and it kills pass and run plays. I wouldn't mind if it only happened when I got lazy with the snap count and didn't bark out fake signals, but it can happen at any time. When it does happen, the play has little hope of doing anything other than losing yards. If we could turn off JTS, I think I'd be pretty happy on heisman.

About the only slider combo I didn't try on heisman to neutralize jump the snap was 99 pass block and 0 break block. This may work but then the run game will probably be overpowered with break block at 0. Lots of changes would be needed. I thought about messing with that but figured I could try a game on AA first.

I had fun on AA and JTS seemed to disrupt things less so I decided to mess with AA to see what could be done. I'm going to try 2 things on AA, minor tweks to default and then zeroing out with adjustments, if neither of those produces results, I'll go back to tinkering with heisman.

If anyone has found a way to kill the effectiveness of jump the snap on heisman, let me know. A certain snap procedure of fake signals or sliders? Anything?

After I get a few games on AA in and I'm liking the stats, I'll post what I got.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 10:26 AM   #16
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

I liked Heisman but I'm just looking for the best playing game. I noticed that issue as well. Hopefully you can produce some AA sliders that make the games as challenging as your Heisman ones!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »