Home

Mudtiger slider log

This is a discussion on Mudtiger slider log within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2006, 03:07 PM   #17
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Mudtiger slider log

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
I liked Heisman but I'm just looking for the best playing game. I noticed that issue as well. Hopefully you can produce some AA sliders that make the games as challenging as your Heisman ones!
Thanks, I decided to not give up heisman without a fight though

As far as jump the snap goes, it's not quite as bad as I thought but it still is overdone in my opinion. To avoid the cpu jumping the snap, I vary the amount of time I spend at the line and snap without faking at all a lot of the time.

Every once in awhile, maybe once every 4 or 5 downs, I'll throw in a single fake snap then wait 1 to 5 seconds and snap. Then maybe once a quarter I'll throw in 2 or 3 fake snaps. If you over use the fake snap, it doesn't seem like it will slow the cpu down at all. It seems to be more about varying the timing of your snap - come to the line and sometimes snap quickly and othertimes stand at the line for 5+ seconds before snapping.

I'm going to get in at least 5 games with new tweaks before I post stats. I want to make sure and get in at least one game against a team I should beat with ease, 1 game I should lose terribly, and 3 with even teams.

I've gotten 2 more games in on heisman and I still have some hope despite jump the snap, but I'll definitely have to give up on trying to keep human/cpu sliders equal to each other.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:15 PM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
As far as jump the snap goes, it's not quite as bad as I thought but it still is overdone in my opinion. To avoid the cpu jumping the snap, I vary the amount of time I spend at the line and snap without faking at all a lot of the time.
I think the jump the snap feature has to be in the lead as the thing most wrong with NCAA 2007. I really like the game but this may end up being the worst part about it. If only you could turn it off. Its way too arcadey and stupid to see OL planted on their butt when this stuff would not happen in reality. Its bad for both CPU and human.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:19 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I think the jump the snap feature has to be in the lead as the thing most wrong with NCAA 2007. I really like the game but this may end up being the worst part about it. If only you could turn it off. Its way too arcadey and stupid to see OL planted on their butt when this stuff would not happen in reality. Its bad for both CPU and human.

Well U know in all EA games the first time they come out with a new feature they always over due it, I am still liking heisman very much cant get much time to play though between the girlfriend and my 40 hour a week job lol
Old 07-20-2006, 04:00 PM   #20
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Just like above poster said:

NCAA 05: Home Field Advantage/Stadium Pulse was overdone.
NCAA 06: Impact Players were overdone.
NCAA 07: Jump the Snap is overdone.

Get it right the first time, EA!
Old 07-22-2006, 01:41 AM   #21
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

I've been going back and forth between AA and heisman a bit and I can't get into the groove on either.

Here's my effort at AA so far:
9 minute

Human Offense
QBA 45
PB 99
WRC 50
RBA 50
RBL 15

CPU Offense
QBA 45
PB 99
WRC 45
RBA 50
RBL 30

Human Defense
AWR 10
KND 99
INT 0
BB 0
TKL 50

CPU Defense
AWR 10
KND 99
INT 0
BB 0
TKL 50

Here's a sample of the last 3 games I played with these sliders, I'm Mizzou in all of them:

Missouri at Colorado

MIZ 24 - COL 12

MIZ
Offense 311
Rush 26-114
Pass 14-17 for 197, 2 TD
Sacked 2
Int 0

COL
Offense 244
Rush 40-139
Pass 10-24 for 105
Sacked 4
Int 0

MIZ
QB Daniel 14-18 for 197, 2 TD 77%
HB Woods 18-101, 5.6 avg
TE Rucker 6-81, 2 TD

COL
QB3 10-23 for 105, 43%
HB2 32-147, 4.5 avg

Upset win. Felt like Buffs could run at will, but they were held to 4.5 avg. I had to go to 4-4 defense to hold them on the ground though. If I hadn't, I think they could have easily had 200+ rush yards.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nebraska at Missouri

NEB 41 - MIZ 17

NEB
Offense 330
Rush 21-43
Pass 26-41-287, 3 TD, 63%
Sacked 3
Int 3

MIZ
Offense 153
Rush 26- -8
Pass 19-28-161, 1 TD, 67%
Sacked 6
Int 1

Close until the half, then NEB pulled away. My -8 rushing is due to 6 sacks. I had something around 50 yards with my HB.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ohio(bobcats) at Missouri

Ohio 0 - Missouri 41

Ohio
Offense 106
Rush 21-33
Pass 8-18
Sacked 2
Int 0

Miz
Offense 442
Rush 40-217
Pass 18-23-225, 2 TD
sacked 2
Int 0

A blowout from beginning to end.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And the last game I played was USC at Mizzou. USC was leading 13-0 at half. I had 0 rushing yards but had around 150 passing. USC was moving the ball rather well but would not throw a pass beyond 10 yards. They were moving down the field 4 yards at a time so I was able to stop them here and there and keep the game close.

I think these sliders hold some promise on AA. Jump the snap is not as bad on AA and if you vary the timing of your snap, you can at least keep it from ruining the game.

I'm not sure about these in the long run though as I haven't played enough uneven teams with them. If someone actually uses these, let me know if you can easily handle cupcakes and get blown out by better teams on average.

I'm going to go back to heisman again. I'll post 'em if I can come up with something good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2006, 04:38 PM   #22
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

..and here's what I'm coming up with on heisman.

xbox
heisman
9 minute

Human
Offense
QBA 50
PB 99
WRC 50
RBA 50
RBL 30

CPU
Offense
QBA 40
PB 99
WRC 30
RBA 50
RBL 20

Human
Defense
AWR 60
KND 99
INT 0
BB 50
TKL 50

CPU
Defense
AWR 40
KND 99
INT 0
BB 0
TKL 50

Special teams
FGA 0 human and cpu
FGL 40 cpu
KOL 40 cpu

Penalties
holding 99
Unsports 10
Clip 40
rest at default

Sub out 75
Sub in 85

My past 7 games and some of the notes I took:

Montana - Mizzou (me)
MON 7 - MIZ 48
Dominated like I thought I should against a weaker team. Learned to use the fake snap less and saw a lot less jump the snap knockdowns.

Oklahoma State - Mizzou (me)
OSU 38 - MIZ 34

1st play, I committ to run on play action, cpu nails a TD pass. A game I fought my way back into, but couldn't hold a 34-28 lead in the 4th

Kansas - Mizzou (me)
KU 3 - MIZ 24

Kansas State - Mizzou (me)
KSU 36 - MIZ 3

Kansas at Mizzou(me)
KU 30 - MIZ 23

I'm about to get into position for the game winning field goal with 45 seconds left after a constant back and forth even matchup. At midfield, I hit the HB Woods wide open out of the backfield. I turn upfield and do the back juke to avoid an oncoming LB, he doesn't bite and nails me with a hit stick hit.

NOOOOOOOO!!! FUMBLE!!!!! No one but Woods and the LB are in the area, the Kansas LB scoops up the ball and jogs 50 some yards for the score to go up by 7 and for the win.

This game is my first ESPN classic with a score of 660.

Interceptions seem right on target at 0 for both sides. The bad throws staright to DBs where no one is near them when they catch it are held on to
for the pick a majority of the time. They are dropped sometimes, but not often. The contested picks are usually dropped, but can be picked off every
once in awhile.

Murray State at Mizzou(me)
MUR 3 - MIZ 50

Dominated like I should. 2 Punt returns for TD.

Murray State at Missouri (me)
MUR 7 - MIZ 49

Murray State scored first and had full momentum. I drove, scored, and evened the mo. Scored again and took all the mo and then beat them silly in the 2nd quarter scoring another 2 TDs to make it 7-28 at the half.

2nd team defense got 2 picks returned for TDs late in the 4th when MUR was chucking it every play. Otherwise, the score would have been 35-7 as I was
playing cautiously in the 3rd quarter not wanting to squander the momentum.

That sort of leads me to the topic of momentum in this game. I actually like
it. You have to be aware of it at all times and always try and conserve it when you have it.

It sort of tests what kind of coach you are when you have the lead and the mo. Do you press things and chance a big play losing the mo? Or do you play cautiously trying to hold on to the mo but maybe not scoring and possibly letting the other team back in that way? When you don't have the momentum, do you go for the big game changing plays or try and bide your time and let the other team make a mistake?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now keep in mind I played 3 games against much weaker teams - 1 against montana and 2 against murray state. I wanted to make sure that even on heisman I would dominate weaker teams on average...I did.

I'll list the average stats with the 3 easy wins left out:

CPU
Offense per game 307
Rush per game 101
Pass per game 206
Completion % 59
points per game 27

Human
Offense per game 326
Rush per game 91
Pass per game 235
Completion % 60
points per game 21

Including the 3 easy wins adds to human run game by 50 yards per game, and increases points per game to 33. Including those 3 easy wins also knocks the cpu total offense by about 50 yards per game, and it drops cpu points per game by just about 10 to 18.

Now looking at the real thing....

Quote:
2005-2006 Season
Per Team Per Game Averages

Avg Points: 26.8
Offensive Plays: 70.6

Passing
Average Completion %: 57.9
Av. Pass yards: 224.6

Rushing
Average Yards per carry: 4.03
Av. Rush yards: 155.2
Not too bad, I'm actually a bit low on yards but pretty close on points. I could approach this in 2 ways - go to 10 minute quarters because I'm only seeing something around 60 or less plays, not the real 70, or I could try to nerf the defense a small amount. I think for now I'll go the easy way out 3rd route and do nothing but watch the stats to see if they continue a bit low before I make any changes. I'm liking how the game is playing for the most part and I don't want to mess with things too much until a definite stat pattern emerges.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:17 AM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Those last Heisman sliders are similar to what I'm coming up with. My big question with you is why you have the CPU pass block so high? I'm dropping their's simply because if I don't play on the DL, my 4 man rush doesn't seem to get to the QB. Do you notice if your CPU teammates are getting to the QB enough?

I find the jump the snap by the CPU to be hard but its better that way on Heisman than on AA where its much easier for the human player to jump the snap and blow up the CPU.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:16 AM   #24
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
My big question with you is why you have the CPU pass block so high? I'm dropping their's simply because if I don't play on the DL, my 4 man rush doesn't seem to get to the QB. Do you notice if your CPU teammates are getting to the QB enough?
With lower pass block I was getting 4+ sacks a team per game and sometimes close to double digit sacks. Now with pass block at 99 I'm getting an average of 2 to 3 sacks per team per game which I think is more in line with the real stat. In fact, I stopped recording sack numbers in my latest games because I consider the issue resolved for me.

I always play as a middle linebacker on D and the 4 man rush can get pressure but not a lot of sacks which is just the way I want it. The pressure is enough to force the qb to move in the pocket which forces some bad throws. Unless of course my impact DE bowls over the tackle and gets an easy sack. Getting a sack out of just the 4 man rush is rare, but does happen.

This was really noticeable for me when I played as navy. They play a 3-4 and when I didn't have pass block at 99, I could get sacks just rushing 3.

In order to get sacks I want to have to send a blitz. If I can get sacks by just rushing 4 all the time, I'll be able to shut down the cpu pass game way too easily. In the 3-4, the blitzing 4th man in the rush comes from an unexpected place and can get enough pressure to get the sack sometimes. In the 4-3, rushing 5 can overload a side and you'll get an opportunity for a sack.

If you really gamble and send 6 or more, you should easily get a direct lane to the qb somewhere. All that matters is how quickly the cpu gets rid of the ball, so I don't believe pass block is overpowered at 99. I think I probably see about 5 to 10 hurries against the cpu qb, so there is pressure without the sack number going over 5 consistently.

I did make a slight change to the above posted sliders in awareness and run block for human and cpu in an effort to boost the offense a small amount. I'm still doing test games to see what kind of difference these changes make and to tweak more. I'm trying to get rush yards per game higher and closer to the real 150 on average. Run block may be going even higher, it's too early to know.

Once I'm happy with the run game, I'll take another look at the pass game. I'm pretty happy with passing for both cpu and human though. CPU gets around 60% completion, sometimes higher and sometimes lower, but the average of all games played comes out to right around 60. My only concern is the average yards per game is a bit low.

Human pass game is largely based on how well you make your reads and react to pressure. If you make the right reads and avoid pressure, you can have a great day in the air. I'm also still averaging right around 60% with a slightly higher yards per game though.

Human O
RBLK*40
CPU O
RBLK*40
Human D
AWR*65
CPU D
AWR*35

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »