Home

<the_future420's Heisman Xbox Sliders>

This is a discussion on <the_future420's Heisman Xbox Sliders> within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #57
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: <the_future420's Heisman Xbox Sliders>

Well future, I think I'll have to say these are just perfect, no PERFECT!!! I've played 3 dynasty games with Penn St. First game against Akron, I didn't turn the ball over at all and won 29-14. Went into halftime trailing 14-13. Second game against Notre Dame, note I was ranked 11th and Notre Dame was ranked 3rd, went into the fourth quarter tied 17-17 and Notre Dame's QB lit me up and they won 34-17. I turned the ball over 3 times this game. 2 interceptions, one in the 4th quarter and a fumble on a kick return in the 4th quarter. And my 3rd game against Youngstown St., I won 64-3. Total Domination!!!! Seeing this was just a test dynasty, I'm ready to roll with my real one. I didn't do any recruiting or anything, just wanted to get to the games. Thanks alot for all your patience future. Can't wait for your Madden sliders. See you then!!!!!!

Last edited by highheatkingsb; 08-09-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:58 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 17

Well, I ended up beating ARk, but boy did I have to fight tooth and naill to do it. I was down by 13 in the 4th and ended up scoring the go ahead TD with :45 remaining. Final Score was 25-24. It was a good game with realistic stats, but I didn't jot them down. I did however, get another safety. Something with these sliders as far as safeties go.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #59
All Star

Wow!!! My first game in my new dynasty was awesome. I ended up beating Akron 26-21. They drove to the 5 yd. line with 8 seconds left and I intercepted their final play of the game to seal it. #1 ESPN classic, well duh, with an 866 score. Off to Notre Dame!!!!! Hey future, who are you in your dynasty? And speaking of the safety issue, what position do you play? I use the free safety, I haven't seen any safeties yet.

Last edited by highheatkingsb; 08-09-2006 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:36 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

the_future, I just put ur sliders in, they worked out great. I played my 3rd game against Puke, I mean Duke, and I won 45-13. But it was close near the beginning, it was 17-13, thats as close as they got pretty much, then I dominated the clock, and turnovers the rest of the game. Next game is at home in Blacksburg, welcoming the Cincinnatti Bear Cats.
#11Virginia Tech- 6-1
Old 08-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #61
MVP

Guys, glad to hear you guys are enjoying the tweaks to the sliders. I have been thinking about upping break block on both sides because it seems as though on some plays, especially runs, that its either "suction block" or blown up play. I think upping the break block could help with this, but I was wondering if you guys are seeing any of the same problems? Another thing Im noticing is that my line isnt the greatest with picking up the blitz. Now this could be because I am playing with ND in dynasty who has a good O-line. They are talented, but mostly FR and SO. with no/ little compusure. Have you guys been noticing any issues with either of these areas? Thanks again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #62
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

What about pancakes? Have they been minimized in this set?
Old 08-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #63
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Guys, glad to hear you guys are enjoying the tweaks to the sliders. I have been thinking about upping break block on both sides because it seems as though on some plays, especially runs, that its either "suction block" or blown up play. I think upping the break block could help with this, but I was wondering if you guys are seeing any of the same problems? Another thing Im noticing is that my line isnt the greatest with picking up the blitz. Now this could be because I am playing with ND in dynasty who has a good O-line. They are talented, but mostly FR and SO. with no/ little compusure. Have you guys been noticing any issues with either of these areas? Thanks again.
Hey future, I don't know about the break block. I think it is fine where it is now. I haven't seen much of a problem with it. I'm enjoying this game now more than ever with these sliders now.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:48 AM   #64
MVP

Post Re: <the_future420's Heisman Xbox Sliders>

Well highheat and others, ive had yet another great game with these sliders. A little background concerning my dynasty... Im in my 3rd season w/ ND. As you guys know, we are loaded our first year, and the second year is the rebuilding phase. So, here I am in my third year, with a young, but very talented team. We go into Southern California, up against the #14 ranked USC Trojans. My sophomore sensation QB, Zach Frazer starts the game off nicely, completing a nice variety of short and intermediate passes on his way to a 8/17first half. We go into the locker room up 13-7, looking for the upset. Then the second half comes, and Frazer is injured on his first pass attempt. In comes my backup QB. He is able to run the offense efficiently, not giving up fieldd position, and keeping the pressure on USC. The 4th qtr comes along and we are up 23-14. Then, the Trojans suddenly awake from their slumber. They march down the field carving up my D that had been rock solid all game long. They cut the deficit to 23-21. This ended up being the final score. The young defense held, and we managed to pull out a tough, hard fought victory. Here are the stats:

ND/USC
score 23/21
1stdn 20/16
tot off 420/343
rush 28/61 14/62
pass 25-42-1 22-32-3
pass yd 359/281
sacks 1/1
turnovrs 1/1
fumbles 1-0 1-0
INT 1/1

ND:
Z. Frazer: 9/18 112 yds, 0td, 1nt 6.2 avg
J. Aldrige: 19 att, 60 yds, 3.1 avg 1 TD

USC:
M. Sanchez: 22-32 281 yds, 3 TD, 1 Int
HB#13 12-65 yds, 5.4 avg
CB#7 : 11tkl

Thoughts:
Great game all the way around. Defense was alert and both teams made plays. Offensively, everything was solid. I am glad to say that I have settled on a set of sliders that play realisticallly. Now, I can start my REAL dyansty. Thanks for all of the support, and I look forward to making more sliders for Madden 07.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »