Home

theaub's AA Sliders (PS2)

This is a discussion on theaub's AA Sliders (PS2) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35
theaub's AA Sliders (PS2)

Since there aren't many PS2 All-American sliders out there, I figured I should throw my own in there. I have gotten a great variety of games, ranging from 17-10 defensive battles to 48-42 slugfests. As well, the yardage is (generally) realistic, and I think the game is very fun to play. So, without further ado (all sliders are HUM/CPU):

Level: All-American
Quarter Length: 6-9 minutes
Sub In/Out: 80/85

Offense
QB Accuracy: 25/30 (***CHANGE*** bumping them both up 5 to get higher comp. percentages)
Pass Blocking: 50/50 (***CHANGE*** If you jump the snap a lot, you may need to set it to 55)
WR Catching: 70/50 (This prevents drops)
RB Ability: 30/60 (High CPU ability is to allow for yards gained but to keep pancakes realistic)
RB Blocking: 45/50 (***CHANGE***Can bump human one up to 45 if you're having trouble)

Code: CKaCy9O2

Notes:
You need to be able to complete short passes and not throw the deep ball that often. If you do throw it a ton, you will get picked, and passes will get batted down. However, if you work to the flats and over the middle constantly, you can use the deep ball when the CPU least expects it. Running will be hard, so you need to use slide protection. If you don't, you will run for 2-3 YPC, but if you do, a good RB can run for 5-6 YPC against a good opponent. The only reason WR catching is so high is because you will get a lot of drops otherwise, and the low QB accuracy evens that out. Pancackes are generally realistic, although the CPU will have a couple more then usual, but that evens out.

Defense
Awareness: 25/80 (Anywhere between 70 and 90 for CPU depending on your skill)
Knockdowns: 50/40 (Can turn up for human if you want)
Intercpetions: 5/10 (Realistic totals)
Break Block: 20/20 (Opens up the run game)
Tackle: 20/35 (You need to square up)

Code: dXG5qcc1

Notes:
Awareness helps keep the game more even. The high knockdowns are so you can have a better chance at manually defending a pass. If you are good at doing this, lower the knockdown slider a bit. Interceptions still average about one per game, which is what you should get in the NCAA. You will see holes open up in the running game, and you need to take advantage of it. Also, use the strafe button when you tackle, or else the RB will be off. Missed tackles means longer drives, which means points on the scoreboard for the other team.

Special Teams
FG Length: 45/30 (CPU kickers are beasts)
FG Accuracy: 0/0 (See above)
Punt Length: 40/60 (Will let you return punts)
Punt Accuracy: 25/15 (Harder to pin opponents)
Kickoff Length: 55/55 (A few more touchbacks)

Code: NsEGOCW2

Notes: If you find the new kick meter hard, ignore these. Personally, I find it to be very easy, so that's why the settings are like this. You will still see the CPU hit 50+ yarders, but with much less frequency. As well, it will be harder for both teams to punt the ball out of bounds inside the twenty.

Penalties
All 99 except for Holding (90), Clipping (90) and Unsportsmanlike (0, because you gotta celebrate).

Notes: Well, you'll see more penalties. What else did you expect?

Overall Notes
You will find field position important. On third-and-longs, taking the short gain that can give you 5-10 yards in field position is very important, because the CPU can and will move the ball on you. Mixing up coverages with zone blitzes is key. If you run Cover 2/Cover 3 all day you will get torched late in the game. I tried that once, and shut out the CPU for the first half, and then they hung 42 on me in the second half by just throwing corner routes all day. If you can stop the run, the CPU will go to the pass, but if you can't, they will run it down your throat all day long. Also, you will see a lot more screens and draws, and they are effective. Running QB spies is basically a must to stop a mobile QB as well.

Feedback is much appreciated. I'm going to play Auburn-Florida from the Swamp in year 2 of my dynasty and get back to you (and just for the record, I only edit a few players, so if you haven't heard of certain Florida players, they are most likely made up, since Florida doesn't start many freshmen.).

Last edited by theaub; 07-26-2006 at 12:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2006, 07:42 PM   #2
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

Re: theaub's AA Sliders (PS2)

Hm..how did that happen?
Old 07-22-2006, 07:58 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Just curious about your comments on slide protection in the running game. I haven't been doing that generally speaking. I usually only use it once in awhile for my passing game. Do you use it on toss plays, when the defense pinches, etc.? How often do you use it in the run game?
Old 07-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #4
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Just curious about your comments on slide protection in the running game. I haven't been doing that generally speaking. I usually only use it once in awhile for my passing game. Do you use it on toss plays, when the defense pinches, etc.? How often do you use it in the run game?
Basically every play unless the D-line is perfectly even with the O-Line. I'd say around 75-80% of the time on runs and around 50% of the times on pass play.

And here are the stats from Auburn-Florida:

Auburn - 17, Florida - 14

AUB: 07-00-10-00
FLA: 00-07-00-07

1st Quarter:
TD Auburn (7-0 Aub)
6 yard run by Tate (Parker kick)

2nd Quarter:
TD Florida (7-7)
53 yard pass from Tebow to Fuller (Meyer kick)

3rd Quarter:
TD Auburn (14-7 Aub)
29 yard pass from Cox to Swinton (Parker kick)
FG Auburn (17-7 Aub)
19 yard field goal by Parker

4th Quarter:
TD Florida (17-14 Aub)
6 yard pass from Tebow to Jacskon (Meyer kick)

First Downs: 21-9 AUB
Total Offense: 409-315 AUB
Rushes-Yards: (38-132)-(20-76) AUB
Comp-Att-TD: (24-32-1)-(17-32-2) AUB
Passing Yards: 237-239 AUB
Sacked: 3-2 AUB
Turnovers: 1-0 AUB
Total Yards: 480-381 AUB
T.O.P: 17:57-14:03 AUB

Player Stats (well, most of them)
Passing
B. Cox (AUB): 24-32, 277, TD, INT
T. Tebow (FLA): 17-32, 239, 2 TD

Rushing:
B. Tate (AUB): 29-118, 4.1, TD
J. Fontenot (FLA): 10-49, 4.9
T. Williams (FLA): 5-21, 4.2

Receiving:
J. Swinton (AUB): 9-49, TD
T. Hawthorne (AUB): 7-99
M. Billings (AUB): 3-62
E. Fuller (FLA): 8-104, TD
B. Jackson (FLA): 2-10, TD

Defense:
J. Thompson (AUB): 5 Tkl, 4 TFL, 2 Sck
Q. Groves (AUB): 6 Tkl
R. Holley (FLA): 7 Tkl, 2 TFL, Sck
K. O'Connor (FLA): 7 Tkl, TFL, INT
Old 07-22-2006, 09:33 PM   #5
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Using FSU, I just got slaughtered by UF 42-10 with these. It was a frustrating game because of 5 turnovers on my part, 3 fumbles and 2 picks. Though I also caused 5 turnovers, I usually turned the ball over right after I took it from them. Leak ripped me for 5 TDs, some were my fault with poor decisions (going for the INT instead of the swat) but I still probably would have lost with the lack of offense even if I had made a better play on the ball. Despite all of this I did enjoy the game for the most part, I think I'm going to like these sliders over time. Good job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
MVP

BaseballCtchr's Arena

OVR: 11

Aub what is your sub in/out percentage?
Old 07-22-2006, 10:37 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Just curious as to if you have tried Heismen level yet aub? If for nothing else, its much harder to jump the snap on Heisman than AA. I think the two levels aren't that different really when you tweak sliders .
Old 07-23-2006, 07:56 AM   #8
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm gonna give these a try later tonight, after work. I've been tweaking my own AA sliders (never go above All-pro on Madden or AA in NCAA. Sliders can make it challeging without the AI cheating on the hardest levels), but haven't found the sweet spot yet as in years past. I'm usually pretty good with my own sliders, but this year, I've hit a bump in the road. Maybe I can make a hybrid of mine and yours after trying them out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »