Home

Countryboy's Heisman sliders (PS2)

This is a discussion on Countryboy's Heisman sliders (PS2) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2006, 07:03 PM   #17
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Countryboy's Heisman sliders (PS2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yeah, the biggest problem is/was the fact that the cpu doesn't cover up the football when running and doesn't always switch hands which is necessary in this years game. After the increase in cpu rb ability, the fumbles seem realistic. Every fumble that I have seen the cpu committ is one that I could see happening(fighting for yards, blindsided).

As for the cpu RB becoming unrealistic and super human, I don't see that at all and don't think that you will either. In the game against UK I held Rafael Little to 76 yards on 22 carries.

And in a test session game to make sure that RB's wouldn't be super human, I held Kenneth Darby(Alabama) to 115 yards on 20 some-odd carries with the Toledo Rockets. So, I feel the running game is balanced.
Those stats sound good. How many minutes QTR do you play? I'm definitely gonna try RB Ability at 99 and advise of my results. Do you use the run/pass commit? If this solves (or helps) the fumble by CPU issue, I'll be fired up again. Too many fumbles was ruining my experience.

edit: I read your original post and found that you play 12 min QTRs. Do you let the clock run down? I normally play 7 min QTRs and get a decent amount of plays per team, normally 60-70. I don't let the clock run down, unless I'm blowing the other team out by the 4th Qtr.

Last edited by nxt; 07-26-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:46 PM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Alright, due to a brain fart on my part(forgot to save my dynasty after the UK game) I was forced to play it again. Here are the stats:

Kentucky Louisville

14 Score 45
8 First Downs 23
162 Total Offense 564
22/111 Carries/Yards 44/252
9/30/0 Comp/Att/TD 17/28/5
51 Passing Yards 312
1 Sacked 3
3 Turnovers 3
1/0 Fumbles/Lost 0/0
5-44 Penalties-Yards 2-10

Passing:
Brohm(UL) 198.6 Rating 16-25 291yds 4TD's 2INT
Woodson(UK) 24.3 Rating 9-30 51yds 0TD's 3INT

Rushing:
Bush(UL) 21 carries 157yds 7.4avg 1TD
Little(UK) 20 carries 115yds 5.7avg 1TD

*The only fumble was from Woodson getting hit in the pocket.

*Little's TD run was from 50 yards out and against my second string defense.

*After playing the game I have decided to raise the cpu QB accuracy to 30% and the human QB accuracy to 25% because of some of the passes that I seen in the game.

*I played this game with 10 minute quarters because 12 was giving me way too many plays.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-27-2006, 08:02 PM   #19
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I just started my dynasty, but I was only able to play one game last night (UTEP vs SDSU-me). Changing the CPU RB Ability to 99 seemed to help with the fumbles... and the CPU didn't become superman, so that was good.

On the other hand, my team made about 6 Ints (3 User picks). FYI - I'm using a variation of your sliders. They were a good starting point. Here are the sliders that I am using that are relevent to CPU passing:

CPU QB ACC 40
CPU WR CATCH 60

HUM DEF AWA 30
HUM KNOCK 50
HUM INTS 5

I believe these sliders favor the CPU even more than your set. Are you having any problems getting too many INTs? I dunno, maybe it's my style of play on defense. I normally play only as FS and do not change players. I play my assignments. Roam around a little if I'm playing zone. This could account for my USER picks... but the rest of my team had 3 more picks.

I'm gonna probably go up to 45 on CPU QB ACC... and drop HUM INTS to 0.

With the exception of the 6 picks... the stats seemed fine to me. CPU completion percentage was decent. The QB just threw way too many picks. UTEP didn't run too much either, but maybe that's how they run their offense.

Hopefully this was just an anomaly. It was only one game.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I just started my dynasty, but I was only able to play one game last night (UTEP vs SDSU-me). Changing the CPU RB Ability to 99 seemed to help with the fumbles... and the CPU didn't become superman, so that was good.

On the other hand, my team made about 6 Ints (3 User picks). FYI - I'm using a variation of your sliders. They were a good starting point. Here are the sliders that I am using that are relevent to CPU passing:

CPU QB ACC 40
CPU WR CATCH 60

HUM DEF AWA 30
HUM KNOCK 50
HUM INTS 5

I believe these sliders favor the CPU even more than your set. Are you having any problems getting too many INTs? I dunno, maybe it's my style of play on defense. I normally play only as FS and do not change players. I play my assignments. Roam around a little if I'm playing zone. This could account for my USER picks... but the rest of my team had 3 more picks.

I'm gonna probably go up to 45 on CPU QB ACC... and drop HUM INTS to 0.

With the exception of the 6 picks... the stats seemed fine to me. CPU completion percentage was decent. The QB just threw way too many picks. UTEP didn't run too much either, but maybe that's how they run their offense.

Hopefully this was just an anomaly. It was only one game.
I agree that the cpu QB Accuracy needs to be increased from my original starting point of 25%. I have changed it to 30% and am about to play my game against Temple.

I didn't have a problem with the cpu throwing too many int's(threw 2), but they just threw the ball around pretty bad and Woodson has an accuracy rating of 80, so he shouldn't be missing 5-7 yard out routes on a regular basis. Hopefully, at 30%, the cpu will make better passes.

I haven't felt the need yet, to drop any of my human defensive ratings. I will keep an eye on the gameplay though to see if its warranted.

Thanks for your input and feedback on the sliders. I feel that they are nearly "perfect" except for trying to make the cpu QB accuracy at a realistic level. But it will get there.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »