Home

Dave's Varsity Sliders - a game for us non-manual types

This is a discussion on Dave's Varsity Sliders - a game for us non-manual types within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2006, 11:18 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Dave's Varsity Sliders - a game for us non-manual types

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
Well I have to say I am very pleased with these sliders. I made some tweaks based off of these sliders and having terrific games. I lost to Oklahoma 28-14 as Texas. Killed Baylor the next week 53-7, then battled Nebraska to a 17-10 victory at Nebraska (all games with Texas).

The fumble issue is gone, interceptions have been toned down. Jump the snap appears to not be overblown on this level (I don't use it, but the CPU appears to use it less.) I get pretty realistic pancakes. Momentum doesn't get to crazy.

I have QBA turned down to 20, this really seems to resolve the long ball, but doesn't make the short game too difficult.
Glad you like em.
I don't like human QBA that low, but if it works for you ... great.

Too bad more people aren't trying these sliders ... the complaints about the game would go way down.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:09 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

Hey, I'm on Xbox. Do you think these will convert the same from PS2 to Xbox? Like Thom1020, I beat the mess out of Miami with FSU week 1, Struggled with Troy, Played Clemson close and almost lost to Rice. So I said to myself "Self, it's time for a change"
Old 08-15-2006, 02:36 PM   #19
Banned

Probably. Xbox and PS2 are the same game engine.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:18 PM   #20
Rookie

thom1020's Arena

OVR: 3

Tried the sliders.....and I must say I'm pretty impressed. I like the flow of the game, and (minus the usual EA crap used to keep games close, IMO) it seemed to play fair. I was FSU at Miami (I didn't finish because of a storm near my house knocking out the power in the 4th quarter with me up 9-7), and it was a typical FSU-UM slugfest. Unlike AA where I was seeing stuff that I knew damn well wasn't right, I felt like mistakes I made were legitimate, and the game made me pay for them. I'm gonna try another game before the night is over, but I like 'em so far.

BTW, I'm on Xbox
NCAA BB - Georgetown Hoyas
NBA - LA Lakers
Old 08-16-2006, 01:58 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I will give these a try. One question...Does playing on Varsity make recruiting and player devolopement easier?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 02:42 PM   #22
Banned

Updated
Offense Human CPU

QB Accuracy 35% 80%
Pass Blocking 65% 80%
WR Catching 50% 80%
RB Ability 50% 99%
Run Blocking 50% 99%

Defense Human CPU

Awareness 65% 90%
Knockdowns 50% 50%
Interceptions 0% 0%
Break Block 0% 25%
Tackling 15% 80%
Old 08-21-2006, 11:56 PM   #23
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Thanks Dave, I think I am also going to give these a shot. I have really been struggling to find good sliders, and I think it is the momentum that throws everything out of wack.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:08 PM   #24
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Dave, I think you may be on to something here. I just played a game with your sliders (XBOX), and it was pretty darn good. I took a couple of even teams and ended up with a nice 17-14 battle.

The momentum does seemed toned down which is the key. In my games on AA, a typical game was a tight battle and a 10-10 tie at halftime. Then one team would go up 17-10, them bam, fumble, super interception, yadda yadda 41-10.

Ofcourse it takes more than 1 game to really make an evaluation, but I am optimistic. Thanks again for sharing.

For the thumb jockey's out there, and the folks who don't play with any "house rules", these will be too easy for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »