Home

JUKEMAN's cpu vs cpu sliders

This is a discussion on JUKEMAN's cpu vs cpu sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2006, 11:43 PM   #17
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: JUKEMAN's cpu vs cpu sliders

I'm trying this for the Sugar Bowl in my sim dynasty. 10 minute quarters seem to take an eternity... So far there have been 4 scoring drives (3 TDs, 1 FG) and 2 non-scoring drives, and the first quarter is not quite over. That is a lot of drives for one quarter. I think I'll restart with 7 minute quarters. Score right now is 17-7 btw

edit - other than quarter length, everything else looks good, offenses are doing fairly well, which is usually a flaw of CPU vs CPU. And my HB who got 2nd place in Heisman voting (all sim remember) is breaking several 8 to 12 yard runs which is very realistic.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:02 AM   #18
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderl33t
I'm trying this for the Sugar Bowl in my sim dynasty. 10 minute quarters seem to take an eternity... So far there have been 4 scoring drives (3 TDs, 1 FG) and 2 non-scoring drives, and the first quarter is not quite over. That is a lot of drives for one quarter. I think I'll restart with 7 minute quarters. Score right now is 17-7 btw

edit - other than quarter length, everything else looks good, offenses are doing fairly well, which is usually a flaw of CPU vs CPU. And my HB who got 2nd place in Heisman voting (all sim remember) is breaking several 8 to 12 yard runs which is very realistic.
yea 10 mins does take long... but it gives you between 130-140 plays a game..... try 9 mins. I also saw games that was high scoring in the first half or the first quarter, the game slowed down after the 2nd.

have you tried these sliders with my coaching strategies? talk about realism......
Old 08-10-2006, 12:18 AM   #19
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

10 mins* VARSITY

sub in/sub out 80/85

all penalties maxed

QBA 25% (you kno why)
PBK 50%(helps TFL stat)
WRC 25% (no more deep balls and skating. you will get some drops but its better than the deep ball)
RBA 50% (best running game Ive seen)
RBK 75%( ^^^)

AWR 50%
KND 75%
INT 0%
BB 25%
TAK 25%

FGL 0%
FGA 0%
PL 99%
PA 0%
KO 50%

both team's off and deff to maxed conservative
Old 08-10-2006, 10:06 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey jukeman, Can you post your coaching strategies? Thanks
Old 08-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #21
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsico
Hey jukeman, Can you post your coaching strategies? Thanks
they are posted in the regular forum

JUKEMAN's 2007 Coaching Settings PS2/X-box
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Is there a way to permanently set the Sub In/Out percents?
Old 08-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I run 9 minute quarters, and I've seen an alarming pattern of people breaking too many tackles (a quarterback with 50 BT broke 6 tackles during a game, and a RB with 80 BT broke 28 and ran for about 290 yards). Have you been having trouble with teams running the ball with ease at all?

My special teams are:

Kickers miss long field goals and teams go for it on the 30 on 4th down if they think their kicker doesn't have the range, but they still nail every short kick....even with accuracy at 0.

The punting seems good, a good punter vs a bad punter will set up great field position for the team with a good punter all game. Return game is good, I've seen some long returns in kickoffs and punts scattered about.

Last edited by daath; 08-10-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:17 PM   #24
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

No I havent seen any team run the ball that effective.... Ive seen teams run for over 200 yards as a team but they where facing bad deffenses.... I also manually formation sub for both teams so the back ups get some touches, so I never see alot of broken tackles from one guy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »