Home

Njkroc's Xbox 360 Rating based NCAA 2007 Sliders

This is a discussion on Njkroc's Xbox 360 Rating based NCAA 2007 Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Njkroc's Xbox 360 Rating based NCAA 2007 Sliders

nj - love these sliders man. I consider myself a decent player, so it was a bit hard dropping from Heisman to Varsity - ego wise. However, as soon as I played my first game with your sliders, my doubts, and Heisman days, vanished.

I'm experiencing a whole new game. The way the CPU AI reacts and chooses plays is incredible. I also agree of how the momentum is gradual and not instant. Where as instead of one big play being the catalyst to momentum, a nice 10 play drive for 80 yards does just fine and hurts just as much to the opposing team.

Now as for your slider specifics. For one, my RB was over 100 in the first half - that's a no-no as I was using FAU's Divory Edgecomb - who is good, but not that good when you're playing against a top Clemson defense. So here's what I changed for both CPU and AI.

Minutes: 6 (Rushing yards were getting out of control)

RBA (HUM/CPU) : 80/80
RBLK: 44/90

This is getting some very consistent results. The CPU's running game has improved and now it's a very strategy-based approach for me rather than just mashing buttons in the play call screen.

I'm about to play the game (dynasty) for FAU (me) at Clemson. Will keep ya up to date. Take care and good work.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #34
Pro

GP Mercy's Arena

OVR: 9

NJkroc, are there any updates to these sliders? I love how the MM plays on Varsity.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Mercy
NJkroc, are there any updates to these sliders? I love how the MM plays on Varsity.
Yeah i have some coming that will hopefully address both the user an cpu rungame. Just been very busy at work so i apologize for the lack of response to your questions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
I'm seeing rushing totals for the CPU are very low. Is there any way to get the CPU rushing for around 150 yards with these sliders?
I'm working on this one as we speak.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
nj - love these sliders man. I consider myself a decent player, so it was a bit hard dropping from Heisman to Varsity - ego wise. However, as soon as I played my first game with your sliders, my doubts, and Heisman days, vanished.

I'm experiencing a whole new game. The way the CPU AI reacts and chooses plays is incredible. I also agree of how the momentum is gradual and not instant. Where as instead of one big play being the catalyst to momentum, a nice 10 play drive for 80 yards does just fine and hurts just as much to the opposing team.

Now as for your slider specifics. For one, my RB was over 100 in the first half - that's a no-no as I was using FAU's Divory Edgecomb - who is good, but not that good when you're playing against a top Clemson defense. So here's what I changed for both CPU and AI.

Minutes: 6 (Rushing yards were getting out of control)

RBA (HUM/CPU) : 80/80
RBLK: 44/90

This is getting some very consistent results. The CPU's running game has improved and now it's a very strategy-based approach for me rather than just mashing buttons in the play call screen.

I'm about to play the game (dynasty) for FAU (me) at Clemson. Will keep ya up to date. Take care and good work.
Thanks for the comments an I agree about the run game for both user an cpu I'm looking at some things now an will hopefully have an up date in like a day or so.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkroc
Thanks for the comments an I agree about the run game for both user an cpu I'm looking at some things now an will hopefully have an up date in like a day or so.
<<>>

MLB- Atlanta Braves
NFL- Pittsburgh Steelers
NCAAF- Tennessee Volunteers
NHL- LA Kings
NBA- LA Lakers

Originally Posted by roos1048
sleep is overrated
you will have plenty of time to sleep when you are dead
Old 08-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #39
Pro

New stuff coming hopefully

Okay guys I know I said I would have a new set by atleast today but I have been trying something different based on the slider thread by spin about setting the teams to reflect there letter grade. This idea really isn't bad at all and with the new momentum meter it works very well.

I'm waiting for spin to try something for me if he gets my message an if things go alright I will post my findings here first then probably start a new thread.

Also for anyone like me that likes to set the sliders to reflect the avg of the player ratings which should be 50 that is nbot right because even though ea gave us the ability to change the ratings from 99 to 0 thay still have players with a max of 99 an a min of 40 so the average would be 70. But more of that later hope to hear from me in like a day.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:47 PM   #40
Pro

Two anyone that has received a message from me asking you to try a slider set please only use these sliders with those 2 teams and make sure you are missou. The sliders were set up using the teams letter scores along with my hidden ai boost theory. So try the sliders as is and get back at me when you can. the sp teams sliders are basicalkly at 50% for the human an 70% for the cpu(cpu is set as such because the raintgs only go from 99-40 just like last year).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »