Home

Mizzou79's AA Sliders (Xbox Dynasty Log) LONG

This is a discussion on Mizzou79's AA Sliders (Xbox Dynasty Log) LONG within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Mizzou79's AA Sliders (Xbox Dynasty Log) LONG

Glad you are having some realistic games with the more recent sliders.
Have you noticed any problems that really jump out at you using that set?

Any chance you could post your stats for your running backs for both of you when your season finishes? (12 games, no bowls or conference championships)

The only thing Im still concerned with regaurding this set of sliders is the amount of broken tackles and number of 20+ runs by the user.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:37 PM   #18
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4
Icon11 Re: Mizzou79's AA Sliders (Xbox Dynasty Log) LONG

Been looking and looking for the best sliders that fit me...I found them!!!I had messed with the run/pass ration for every team, but that 59%/41% works great(I still had some teams as high as 73%)...Your WR catch is off the scale but really makes the passing game legit...I found with the cpu tackling, offensive production slipped by about 25-50 yards...I have a 12 team dynasty going right now, so posting stats on all of week 1's performances would take a whole day at work...just thought I'd let you know that these are a perfect fit for those trying who aren't afraid on going 8-4 or 6-6...
Old 09-14-2006, 01:37 PM   #19
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I finished my season last night with Penn State. I went 12-0 in the regular season. Some info...

RB: Sr - 6'0" 206: 97 overall, 96 BTK, 94 SP

LG: 93 ovr (rs) junior
LT: 99 ovr senior
C: 99 ovr senior
RT: 95 ovr senior
RG: 96 ovr senior

My running back finished the regular season with 1,958 yards and 18 TD's. I believe it was 163 ypg. He had 6.9 yards per carry. He had a very slow first four games (two under 100 yard) and then exploded with four straight 200+ yard games. I had gone four and a half years into this dynasty without getting a 200 yard game until this kid finally popped off this streak.

My roomate, using ND and James Aldridge who's a 99 overall as a senior, had around 1,250 yards and 25 TD's. His offensive line isn't has good as mine, though it's pretty good.

Off the top of my head I don't know broken tackles or 20+ yard runs, but I believe I had 17 of them and my roomate had 10. I can't even ballpark the BT's but I'll get back to you.

Both of us played an A+ strength of schedule.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-18-2006, 09:04 AM   #20
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Have you tried plugging these into Madden at all by any chance? My roomate is itchin' to start a franchise in that game but we don't have a decent slider set yet.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-18-2006, 10:06 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I'll definitely give these a try when I get home. It looks like you came up with these adjustments neglecting the real life season numbers but making the stats match up to the in-game season numbers. I think that is the best way to go, then have fun afterward. I'm in year 3 of a Fresno State dyansty that I'm itching to get back to.

Thanks for the sliders and from what I'm reading, I should be able to continue with my dynasty.

Also, do you think these would work for "coach mode"?

Last edited by NoleFan; 09-18-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2006, 11:46 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

These sliders are interesting and pretty tough I must say. I played a partial game as Indiana @ Purdue. Their Dline is a considerable amount better than my oline and I was struggling throwing the ball but it didn't feel cheap.

I then played some as South Carolina @ Miss.State and I had more time to throw because the oline-dline matchup was about even.

Mind you, I'm still really fresh as far as playing goes because I've been playing "coach mode" for the past 2 versions.

This is how I play though:
Offense
I only control the QB and the HB. On passing plays, I let the cpu control my WR from the catch to the endzone...if we score.

I'm thinking of only controlling the QB on the option as well since on the option you actually have control of the QB whereas on a give, toss or sweep you don't actually have control of the QB.

Defense
I only control 1 player. I never switch from whomever I'm controlling at the snap of the ball and I tend to control the DT.

Last edited by NoleFan; 09-20-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:09 PM   #23
Rookie

In response to Ehh, no I havent tried plugging these into Madden as I dont have the game. I rented Madden 2006 and liked some of the features they incorporated into the game, but I felt NFL 2k5 was just an overall better playing experience. I doubt the sliders would work due to the vision cone and the difference in run/pass plays. When I feel like playing pro ball I just pop in 2k5, I doubt I will end up buying Madden 2007.

As to your question Nolefan, Im not sure how they would work playing in coach mode, Ive never tried. The biggest problems I've had with the game have been with the User's Running back ability. It seems no matter what I set the slider to, I can end up breaking 10-15 tackles a game with an impact back. When my impact back flashes I'm almost guaranteed 1 or 2 broken tackles on the play. With a non-impact back the broken tackles seem alot more realistic.

In response to you other question about molding the stats to fit the Sim engine, yes I tried to mimic those instead of real life. The reason why I did this was because there was no way really to manipulate the stats the sim engine produces. Sliders dont have any effect on them at all, neither does coach aggressiveness.

I've been working on moddifying my sliders just a bit. I noticed a little problem with the CPU's quarterback when they call passing plays. It dosent occur very often and it seems to just happen at random. The QB will snap the ball, take one or two steps back and just fling the ball up to one of his receivers. (It's the ******** turn around chuck it up animation, happens when you throw on the run.) I know its happening because the CPU's pass block is a bit low at 35. The weird thing is none of my Defensive line will have any pressure on him yet. Ive messed with the pass blocking slider a bit, but I really dont want to raise it above 35 as anything higher than that results in the CPU getting way too many pancakes from demolishing your Defensive line on passing plays. The thing that really alerted me to this problem was I started a dynasty with Iowa. In the first two games my Left Defensive End (cant remember his name, rated 88 OVR, impact player) had eight sacks. Four sacks in each of the two games. I didnt feel this was very realistic even though he's an impact player. I didnt finish the season and went back to work on the sliders because I was afraid he would amass 30+ sacks lol.

The other thing that has been a work in progress has been the Running back ability. This slider seems to frustrate me to no end. What I have right now is RB ability for the user at 20, and break block for the CPU at 45. Its been working fairly well for some of the testing games I've played. The 20+ runs are toned down alot from when it was at 30 due to the Running back being a bit slower which allows the defense to actually be able to get angles on him and not do their stupid turn around animations when he runs by them. With it set at 20 I've still been able to break 60+ yard runs but they are very rare. He has to break a couple tackles and really get out into the open to achieve this.

Hopefully I'll have these sliders done in a few days, could be longer if I decide I need to run another full season with them.

I appreciate everyones input as I'm trying to get the most realistic games possible that will match up to the Sim engine.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:18 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan

This is how I play though:
Offense
I only control the QB and the HB. On passing plays, I let the cpu control my WR from the catch to the endzone...if we score.

I'm thinking of only controlling the QB on the option as well since on the option you actually have control of the QB whereas on a give, toss or sweep you don't actually have control of the QB.

Defense
I only control 1 player. I never switch from whomever I'm controlling at the snap of the ball and I tend to control the DT.
My play style is basically the same as yours Nolefan. I never manually catch with my wide receivers but I do take control of them after they have the ball. When I run the option (rarely) I control both the Quarterback and Halfback.

On defense I always move my icon to the Free Safety or Strong Safety. Most of the time I will let the CPU control the defense but I will jump in to swat a pass away or make a tackle some of the time. If you're controlling a player on your defensive line be very careful about using jump the snap as it will really alter the amount of production you will get out of the CPU. With my sliders set the way they are, you will be able to demolish the CPU's offensive line almost every time using jump the snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »