Home

Mizzou79's AA Sliders (Xbox Dynasty Log) LONG

This is a discussion on Mizzou79's AA Sliders (Xbox Dynasty Log) LONG within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #41
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Mizzou79's AA Sliders (Xbox Dynasty Log) LONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
See, I read these sliders and right away I wonder whether or not you can run a traditional running game (like Michigan) or are you forced to run the option to move the ball. I have a major problem with the option. Its almost like you need 2 different sets of sliders. One for teams with fast QBs that run the option and one for teams that don't. If you take a team like Michigan or ND with an ultra slow QB and run it between the tackles, you will really struggle to move the ball effectively against teams with any kind of defensive front.
You absolutely can run a normal rushing attack. I'm at UConn right now in Year 8 of my dynasty (first six years were at Penn State).

My first year at UConn I had an 87 overall RB and most of my OL was low 80's or high 70's. My RB had over 1,100 rushing yards and I didn't run the option a single time. Sure, when I faced top flight teams I had no chance of running, but that's unrealstic. In Year 2 at UConn I have a 74 overall RB w. 93 for speed and he's averaging just under 90 yards per game rushing after six games.

When I was at Penn State my team was a juggernaut and my RB won the Heisman w. 1,950 yards his senior year. He was a 4-year starter and had over 1,200 yards each year - without the option. When I faced Ohio State or Michigan it'd be a challenge, but I'd usually get over 100 yards on 25 carries or so. It'd be very realistic though, I'd have several runs for 2 or 3 yards and then a 15 yard run here and there and maybe one huge run.

I also had a great QB so my offense was very balanced. If you run the ball 70% of the time you might sturggle on these sliders, I don't know. The other key thing is to lay off the speed-burst. So many people press A as soon as their RB gets the ball. I honestly use the speed burst on less than half my carries and I can weave through the tackles w. very good success.

I'd strongly reccomend giving these sliders a shot.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2006, 11:15 AM   #42
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I'm still using these sliders and having a ball. QBA for the Human at 35% is a must though, if it's at 30% and you have a QB w. below 90 for THA you'll rarely be able to complete a button hook.
I totally agree. 35 for pass accuracy results in errant passes once in awhile but as soon as you drop it to 30, they can't hit the broad side of the barn and good reads turn into bad throws and interceptions. There seems to be a huge gap there.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
You absolutely can run a normal rushing attack. I'm at UConn right now in Year 8 of my dynasty (first six years were at Penn State).

My first year at UConn I had an 87 overall RB and most of my OL was low 80's or high 70's. My RB had over 1,100 rushing yards and I didn't run the option a single time. Sure, when I faced top flight teams I had no chance of running, but that's unrealstic. In Year 2 at UConn I have a 74 overall RB w. 93 for speed and he's averaging just under 90 yards per game rushing after six games.

When I was at Penn State my team was a juggernaut and my RB won the Heisman w. 1,950 yards his senior year. He was a 4-year starter and had over 1,200 yards each year - without the option. When I faced Ohio State or Michigan it'd be a challenge, but I'd usually get over 100 yards on 25 carries or so. It'd be very realistic though, I'd have several runs for 2 or 3 yards and then a 15 yard run here and there and maybe one huge run.

I also had a great QB so my offense was very balanced. If you run the ball 70% of the time you might sturggle on these sliders, I don't know. The other key thing is to lay off the speed-burst. So many people press A as soon as their RB gets the ball. I honestly use the speed burst on less than half my carries and I can weave through the tackles w. very good success.

I'd strongly reccomend giving these sliders a shot.
DOOOOOOOOOH, I thought this was for xbox 360.... I was wrong. Sorry, disregard my point about running. I was referring to 360.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm gonna load these up again today now that I've decided how I want to play the game. I did feel that my Spd back had less spd with these but we'll see when I get off of work today.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #45
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I'm gonna load these up again today now that I've decided how I want to play the game. I did feel that my Spd back had less spd with these but we'll see when I get off of work today.
I think the RB's are a little slow on these, that's probably my only beef.

Also, is he an impact player? I've found that giving your RB the impact nod helps tremendously.

As I've mentioned before, I had a stud HB at Penn State. He was a 95 as a junior but not an impact player and was pretty good, he was a 97 as a senior, an impact player and broke way more tackles and was visiably faster on the field.

Now I always give my starting RB the impact player regardless, even if he's the 4th or 5th best skill player on my offense.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2006, 12:46 AM   #46
Rookie

Plez's Arena

OVR: 5

ehh,

could you post your current slider set? i am just wondering what tweaks you have made.

Plez
Old 10-11-2006, 07:40 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm liking these sliders but I still can't run up the middle with any team it seems. Not blaming the sliders, just thought I'd ask here for any tips. Running to the outside is working okay but I'm lucky to get three yards up the middle.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion
I'm liking these sliders but I still can't run up the middle with any team it seems. Not blaming the sliders, just thought I'd ask here for any tips. Running to the outside is working okay but I'm lucky to get three yards up the middle.
That's the same problem that I'm having.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »