Home

UMD's PS2 Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on UMD's PS2 Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2006, 01:10 PM   #1
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16
UMD's PS2 Heisman Sliders

I rarely do sliders but here's the one's I have settled on when I have the time to play. I'm just a decent Heisman player who's always played AA w/ bumped up CPU sliders every year. But this year AA is just too easy. I've never liked Heisman because *I* think the AI cheats. But these have given me some good games...

There really isnt anything scientific to them I played about 3 dynasties halfway through with different teams tweaking as I went.

Maryland

at Navy L 23-30 OT
at WVU W 24-17
vs Rutgers W 24-20 (14 pt comeback 4thQ)
vs JMU 60-7
at GT W 24-21

Gameplay Settings
Heisman 7 min (sometimes 8 depends on time)
All ON except campus challenge

AI
HUM OFF

QB ACC - 50
PA BL - 70
WR CTH - 55
RB ABI - 50
Run BL - 70

CODE: uOUqaTb2

Yes the run and pass block sliders look very high. However, I think they offset the CPU jump the snap and some of the momentum issues where your line just gets blown off the ball time and time and time again. I still get sacked on slow reads and I still get running plays rolled up for losses.

HUM DEF

HUM Special

Punt Length 55
Kickoff Length 55

CPU OFF

QB ACC - 40
PA BL - 45
WR CTH - 50
RB AB - 55 (or 60)
RUN BL - 55 (or 60)

I always considered myself pretty good against the CPU run game - an NCAA weakness forever. So I play with very high RB bumps for the CPU AI. I smile when a WVU back spins, chucks my human controlled MLB to the ground and darts for 35 more yards before I run him down with my SS.

CPU DEF

AWA- 50
KNOCK - 50
INT - 35
BRK BLK - 45
TCKL - 45

CPU Special

FG LGTH - 35
FG ACC - 20
PUNT LGTH - 55
PUNT ACC - 55
KICK LGTH - 55

Penalties are mostly maxed. Same as most around here.

Hopefully these work for one of you out there. If you have any results or any questions you can post them here. Maybe someone can use these as a starting point for a different set.

Since everyone plays different sliders are a tricky thing.

Last edited by umd; 09-02-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2006, 03:44 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: UMD's PS2 Heisman Sliders

Can you explain to me what the code is all about? I saw that the other day and was wondering what that does and where you get those from and whatnot.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip3rman
Can you explain to me what the code is all about? I saw that the other day and was wondering what that does and where you get those from and whatnot.
The code is there so you can enter that instead of adjusting them by the bars.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think CPU Field Goal Accuracy pretty much has to be lowered to 0. The CPUboots 40 and 50+ yarders like it was going out of style and it can really throw off the statistics and realism of your game. Also, maybe consider moving the FG Length lower as well, seeing as 25 is a suitable length for most slider sets on All-American.

Other than that, it looks like it should all check out. I'll give 'em a whirl and let you know how it goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »