Home

Does Anyone Have PSP Sliders?

This is a discussion on Does Anyone Have PSP Sliders? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #1
Rookie

FakeTiger's Arena

OVR: 3
Does Anyone Have PSP Sliders?

I've yet to find a set that work for me. Anyone have anything?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Does Anyone Have PSP Sliders?

I don't know if you're a coach-mode guy like me, but I decided to try to develop some realistic sliders for the PSP by keeping stats and setting up some linear regressions. I really wanted to figure out how to bring down the average yards per reception (too many 80-yard TD passes) to about 12-13, like real-life. While I'm at it, I'm also going to look at yards per carry, completion pct, sack pct, and int pct (although the last two are probably too small to pin down exactly).

So far I'm getting some reasonable results and I think I'll be able to satisfy myself, at least. I could always use more data to make it more precise, so if you or anyone else is willing to play a quarter or two with random teams, and write down all the stats, let me know.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrawford
I don't know if you're a coach-mode guy like me, but I decided to try to develop some realistic sliders for the PSP by keeping stats and setting up some linear regressions. I really wanted to figure out how to bring down the average yards per reception (too many 80-yard TD passes) to about 12-13, like real-life. While I'm at it, I'm also going to look at yards per carry, completion pct, sack pct, and int pct (although the last two are probably too small to pin down exactly).

So far I'm getting some reasonable results and I think I'll be able to satisfy myself, at least. I could always use more data to make it more precise, so if you or anyone else is willing to play a quarter or two with random teams, and write down all the stats, let me know.
I'm definitely game to give them a try as I am having the same stat problems. Let me know what I need to do. TIA.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:18 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

can you post the sliders. id like to check them out
Old 09-22-2006, 01:34 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blublub
I'm definitely game to give them a try as I am having the same stat problems. Let me know what I need to do. TIA.
Mostly I'm finding that QB Accuracy has to be turned all the way up, to increase completion pct. Then the best way to reduce the Yards-Per-Catch is to turn WR Catching down. I also think turning down DEF AWR will (a) increase comp. % some, and (b) not increase YPC too much. This is all on AA difficulty. I've gotten through 20 quarters of keeping stats with random teams.

But the statistical models need more data! So if you want to help, that would be awesome, and here's what you do:
1. Set the sliders at wherever you like. I set them the same for both Human and CPU. If you don't want to do that, you can set them wherever you want, you just have to keep stats separately for Human and CPU.
2. Play the game, jotting down the stats. (I actually only play one quarter because I get tired of it, and it doesn't let the momentum get out of hand. It doesn't matter how much you finish.)
3. The key is that you need to write down a couple of the stats AS YOU GO. I need to know the yards gained/lost on EACH run or completed pass, not just the totals.
4. Then at the end, also jot down these things. Total for both teams is fine if the sliders are the same for both sides; otherwise, give 'em to me separately:
Completions
Pass Attempts
Sacks
Interceptions

So then post those stats. So for the running and receiving, my lines look something like (one number for each carry or completed pass, with commas in between):
rushing: 3,2,-2,0,10,-1,3,7,11,-3,5,1,1,-1,2,7,1,1
receiving: 11,42,4,7,35,48
I don't care how you format it, I'm just trying to show that I wrote down the results of each individual carry. (Oh, if the QB gets sacked, I don't write that down as rushing. But if the QB takes off and is just running, that's definitely rushing.)

Oh yeah, and of course, post the sliders you used.

Last edited by mcrawford; 09-22-2006 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Edited some steps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2006, 01:39 AM   #6
Rookie

For what it's worth, here's the actual sliders I've got so far, AA difficulty, coach mode:

QBA 99/99 (higher comp. %)
PB 50/50
WRC 25/25 (lower yards-per-catch)
RBA 50/50
RB 25/25 (because I'm turning DEF AWR down)

AWR 25/25 (higher comp %, without jacking up YPC)
KND 50/50
INT 25/25 (definitely too many INT)
BB 50/50
TKL 50/50
Old 09-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #7
Rookie

You know what, never mind about the random teams. If anyone's willing to write down the stats like I said above, each carry and completion, that would be great. I'll put them into the models. I thought the random teams would be good because for myself, I'm going to be playing all my games with the same UCLA team. But other people will be playing with different teams so it won't be a big deal. I'm going to edit my other post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »