Home

Any suggestions to remedy the terrible DB AI?

This is a discussion on Any suggestions to remedy the terrible DB AI? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Any suggestions to remedy the terrible DB AI?

By that I mean, a DB is in position and the ball is thrown in their direction and instead of trying to knock it down or leap forward to make the INT, they go into that animation where they're a WR trying to catch a pass on a slant route. They half-heartidly make an attempt to catch the pass as if it were a warm up drill.

It's gotten to the point where I'm about to stop playing this game because of this point - I can deal w. the excessive fumbles at times and the crazy momentum but this DB issue is getting idiotic. I'm tired of giving up 60 yard TD passes when I have two defenders on the WR and neither of them make a play a the ball.

Is there anyone out there who's having an good experience w. DB' aggresiveness/intelligence?

Right now I'm using Mizzou79's Xbox AA sliders and they're fantastic - cept for this one issue, which is an issue I've seen with every slider set. I've even played a few games with knockdowns at awareness at 99 and they still screw it up. I wonder if it's a glitch in the game that isn't fixable by sliders.

I don't really want to go down to Varsity cause I think it'll be too easy, but if it fixes this DB issue I'll definitely give it a shot.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Any suggestions to remedy the terrible DB AI?

Yeah i know what you are syaing.. but i didn´t experience this as bad as madden.

I don´t think there are any solution for that, though.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Man, I know what you mean. This is the most frustrating part of the game. The safety always gets in front of the receiver, so if the receiver makes the catch, he's gone for a touchdown. If you're not going to make a play on the ball, at least make the tackle!!! It's idiotic.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

One rememdy I found playing on AA with my own personal sliders was i cut the cpu passing and wr catching down to 45 while leaving my knockdowns at 50. It has made a huge difference in the cpu passing game and in my opinion made the game much more realistic and enjoyable, i was really on the verge of not playing it anymore due to the usual (momuntum, fumbles, blah, blah, blah). Before i dropped the cpu sliders they would complete around 75% of there passes and blitzing them was pointless, even a thrid string true freshman would rifle a perfect 8 yard slant that would turn into a 50 yard gain. Now, i actually get...gasp...coverage sacks!!! I play with Miami and and i got three of them against Louisville where Brohm just didn't know where to go with the ball. Also my men seem to react better, my safeties tend to actually knock balls down and in my last three games i've only seen the cpu catch a handful of passes in double coverage. They still toss it around for between 225 and 300, but at least now it takes them 35 passes instead of 20. Also the cpu doesn't seem to go deep as much, maybe 3 or 4 times a game and my impact fs just about always makes a play on the ball in those situations. The cpu well occasionally just flat out throw a bad pass to an open reciever to, something i never saw at the default sliders. There recievers will also occasionaly drop a ball and you can now jar it loose, it seemed to me at the default i never could and my men would always drop it in that situation.

Also note awareness plays a huge role in what your secondary does. If a guy has less than 80 awareness he is probably going to do something insanely stupid no matter what you do with the sliders. Try changing your coverages up to. I use to run nothing but cover 2 man and cover 3 zone, but now that i use all types of coverage, even a few useless double teams here and there, it seems to have work better and occasionally the cpu will just make the wrong read.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »