Old 10-13-2006, 01:55 PM   #25
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: AA PS2

Last nites games, by far the best so far:
#24 Georgia (2-2) @ Ole Miss (4-0,me)
15-21 with a win by Ole Miss
The humanity...Ole Miss' 4-2-5 defense made B. Barnes show his freshman colors,mud-butt brown...he was the reason for Georgia's demise, having coughed up 2 fumbles and throwing a 2 picks...Schaeffer was no stellar star, but did enough with his legs and arm to not screw up the game...with 0:33 left in the game T. Brown took a out route 38 yards to set up Georgia in the red zone...but with no timeouts left, and a fg not being enough, Georgia fell to the now undeservingly 5-0 Rebels...
Schaeffer 17-29 234 yards, 1 td, 1 int
B.Barnes 19-35 288 yards, 1 td, 2 int
rushing
"Mico"-28 carries 78 yards
T. Brown 24 carries 168 yards
nice SEC feel to this game...I was actually getting pumped for certain plays

UAB (0-4) @ ISU (2-2,me)
6-13
game was dominated by both offenses but defenses never broke...and with a swirling 28 mph wind, getting the ball to the 30 yard line didnt cut it as both kickers found out...
Meyers 24-35, 288 yards, 1 td, 1int
Williams 20-38, 262 yards, 1 td, 2 int
rushing
Hicks 28-133 yards
White and other IP running back-combined 40-280 yards
I'll post next week on the other games I'll play this weekend...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2006, 07:06 PM   #26
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Capone (or anyone else who has tried these), do cupcakes play like cupcakes, and do top 10 teams play like top 10 teams? My frustration in my last season(with Auburn) was that I easily beat Florida and Alabama, but struggled with Ark St and Ole Miss and got thoroughly whipped by Tulane. I am not saying these suprises shouldn't ever happen, but for me it was about 1/2 the games.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:37 AM   #27
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Capone (or anyone else who has tried these), do cupcakes play like cupcakes, and do top 10 teams play like top 10 teams? My frustration in my last season(with Auburn) was that I easily beat Florida and Alabama, but struggled with Ark St and Ole Miss and got thoroughly whipped by Tulane. I am not saying these suprises shouldn't ever happen, but for me it was about 1/2 the games.
I'm not sure sliders will solve that. I think momentum and definately home field advantage play a much bigger role in that. I find that I can struggle on the road and have an advantage at home. I think home teams get roughly a "half grade boost". A B- team may become a B or B+ team at home. Do you ever struggle with poor teams at home? I personally think that aspect is done well. Momentum can lead to blowouts but I am dealing with it fairly well for me.

Have you tried playing with HFA off? It usually leads to closer contests but you don't have the crowd effect. Many people turned HFA off in '06 because of this although I didn't mind it (on AA).
Old 10-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #28
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

Ive turned hfa off, as well as all the other stuff...i mean everything that causes a nuisance...
With these sliders, and my "house rules", top tier teams will destroy the likes of your middle tier teams...cupcakes get rolled on, but sometimes those rivalry/storied match-ups can change things...
case in point-
Navy(3-2) at Air Force(3-0,me)
27-19 loss at home
Navy ran and threw all over me...Their qb, the broken ankle Williams kid, had a total amount of 388 yards, 90 rushing, 298 yards thru the air...
Air Force ran for over 300 yards as a team...
Air Force had home field advantage, TOP, and the better record, but "upsets" do happen...this proved to me that these sliders and house rules are legit, for me at least...
These sliders, and my house rules, will surprise you once you begin play...how many minute quarters, hfa, run-pass ratio, slow-motion camera, and instant replays are all things you can correct within your game so that the cpu offense will play to their real life counterparts...if you configure your gameplay with the updated sliders and house rules, you will see your game start to be like real life...
another example of this is the fact that I am not leading the country in any statistical category whatsoever, and I play with a 12 team dynasty!!! the closest I am to leading is having J.Goff (Vandy) and A. Bowen (Iowa State) tied for 7th in the nation in tackles...with regards to team stats, the closest I am to the top is the 12th ranked defense-total (Ole Miss)...so you see that you can have some realistic fun with these sliders...
A big key I must re-iterate is that these sliders are for middle tier teams, ie those real life teams that year after year are around .500 but dont really win championships...for instance, my 12 team dynasty is as follows:
North Carolina
NC State
Cincy
Illinois
Texas A&M
Iowa State
Vandy
Ole Miss
Air Force
UTEP
Southern Miss
Oregon

out of these teams, Oregon is probably the best program, but they aren't doing to well in my dynasty...NC State has the most team speed but M. Stone's poor play has really hurt the season...so good teams have been struggling while some teams like TAMU and the Illini are doing well...
Old 10-18-2006, 02:13 PM   #29
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Do you play back to back games without saving and restarting? This is one of those things that might help...For instance, your playing Florida and they have a bad day...you win 28-3, absolutely dominating the game...the cpu picks up that you are "too good" for the cpu and allows teams like ark st or ole miss to step up their game...this in turn makes you struggle and changes the way a fun game should play...play a game, save, then restart your ps2 or xbox...it only takes a few seconds of load time and bam! the cpu wont have all the previous games tendencies, which allows you to have a game without a subpar team playing like a juggernaut...
I love these sliders and my house rules...I've never been happier with a set than I am now...HONESTLY...
I lose games, I win games, stats are in check, recruiting is still going well and realistically, injuries and suspensions allow for a realistic feel to changes in your roster, 10+play drives happen more than once per team per game(happen frequently honestly), and most of all, this is the most realistic feel to a game I've ever had!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 01:29 PM   #30
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

Last nite games:
SMU(4-1) @ UTEP(4-0,me)
14 - 24
Well SMU surprised me by being 4-1, but this was a blowout, believe it or not...SMU would move the ball, then just lose gas around the 40...
Passing
UTEP-J. Palmer
22-30 298 yards 2 tds 0 ints, let me repeat, 0 ints
SMU-Willis
28-44 244 yards 2 tds, 2 ints
rushing

UTEP-M. Thomas 22 carries,98 yards 1 td
SMU-Mapps 20 carries 54 yards
Willis 18 carries 44 yards
Old 10-20-2006, 01:44 PM   #31
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

Last nite games:
North Carolina(me) @ #9 Miami
13-20 loss
Miami's defense was just too fast for North Carolina. It was a true see-saw game and the scoring ended with a late 3rd quarter Wright-to-Jenkins strike. Was a truly awesome game, and a real heartbreaker, since North Carolina was hanging in there. Miami's D stepped up huge in the 4th quarter stopping the NC passing game that had been dominating the previous 4 games.
Passing
Sexton 31-44 288 yards 1 td, 3 ints
Wright 23-38 313 yards 2 tds, 2 ints
rushing
McGill 24 carries-68 yards
Edwards 7 carries- 38 yards
Moss- 28 carries 98 yards
notables
NC- Holley 14 catches-133 yards, 1 carrie 38 yards
L. Edwards 12 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 int, 1 ff
Rackley- 8 tackles, 1 sack, 1 int, 1 f rec.
Miami-Jenkins 9 catches 118 yards 2 tds
Pata- 5 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 ff, all 5 tackles for losses
Meriweather- 2 tackles, 2 ints

#17 Oregon(me) @ Cal
31-28 win
Cal was leading the whole game. Oregon's plan to run the ball didn't work, so D. Dixon had to lead the Ducks back with his arm. Once Oregon took the lead at the beginning of the 4th quarter, the running game kicked in and the chance for Cal to make a comeback just slipped away.
Passing
D.Dixon 30-41 380 yards 3 tds,1 int, 14 carries 20 yards 1 td
Ayoob-21-29 240 yards 1 td, 2 ints
rushing
Stewart- 26 carries 108 yards
Cal- Lynch 31 carries 165 yards 2 tds
O'Keith 16 carries 88 yards 1 td
FUN FUN FUN games...I'll have much more come Monday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #32
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

Cincy(3-3,me) @ Louisville(4-2)
0-38 loss, blank, something that has never, EVER happened to me...
had yardage, had possibilities, had 3 turnovers, had no points on the board...
Louisville absolutely rocked my world...cause for concern was the fact that I went down to my 4th string qb(Grotza was suspended, Davila-hurt, Karey-hurt) T. Pike and he showed no interest in actually competing...Oh well, Cincy still has 3 of Ohio's top prospects to entertain and will be trying to obtain a bowl birth and winning record...
Passing
Cincy-Team 24-55 290 yards
B. Brohm 31-36 418 4 tds 1 int
Rushing
B.Butler-28 carries 76 yards
Louisville-team 40 carries 313 yards
Defensively
Team Louisville had 8 sacks, 2 ints, 1 rec. fum.
Somewhat I deep down expected this, but I had hope because of what happened in real life...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »