Home

Sliders for NCAA 04

This is a discussion on Sliders for NCAA 04 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Sliders for NCAA 04

hey, i am actually playing with rosters that i downloaded for 2004....it's the real 2003 ncaa rosters...i am playin on Xbox. i will try to locate the site i got them from for ya.....my qb for the Gators, Chris Leak is a freshman!!! sweet
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

I got my rosters for it from fk.rosters.com.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
I did a search last night and found Heisman sliders that Jistic posted before the release of 2006, I tried those out for a big last night with Michigan/OSU and on Michigan's first drive they ran the ball five times and passed twice on their way to scoring a TD. I remember in the past Heisman having something to do with it, I may adjst the sliders but I keep trying them for now if the CPU keeps up that type of play calling. It was much tougher so I'm not sure if I will try and switch to them just yet though, some more exhibition games will be needed.

Jistics NCAA 2004 Heisman Slider Thread
thanks for the link to the heisman sliders for 2004!!! i am gonna give them a spin tonight!!
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck
Old 12-08-2006, 11:47 PM   #28
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCubs
thanks for the link to the heisman sliders for 2004!!! i am gonna give them a spin tonight!!
They are tough but the defense will play weak at some points though, so far I am liking them. Challenging but it really feels good when you make a stop or go down the field for a TD. Let me know what you think for sure.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:35 PM   #29
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

I found these while doing a search or two, so far they are working excellent, looks like I found something to stick with.

Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
OK this is it. This is what I am sticking with for the rest of my NCAA 2004 days.

I'll post sliders at the end of the post but the important part is the house rule system I am using. I'm having more fun with NCAA 2004 than ever before because of this and I still feel it blows the current NFL games out of the water. (ESPN not withstanding)

Anyway here's what I'm using:

Pre-Game:

-Before playing a game add a new coach in the coach options page. This new coach should be assigned to the team you are about to play. Takes about 30 secs to do this. Then go into coach strategy and alter the team's offensive playcalling to at least 70% running (I go as high as 80 sometimes unless the team is pass crazy ala Washington. Also, and this seems to be important, move the Conservative playcalling slider as far left as possible. Now, this does not make the team never throw deep it just makes most teams look underneath first before throwing it 30 yards downfield. As a result, CPU completion % is better and the game has a much better flow to it. You can also play with the defensive settings too; I usually make the CPU teams play run D more often than not. Also make sure to use the correct team playbook for your new coach. After you play the game make sure to delete this coach so you can make a new one for the next game. All of this takes less than a minute to do.

-Make sure the team you are playing (your Dynasty team) has its coach defensive slider at 80% pass. No idea if this helps the CPU run game, but it doesn't hurt to do this just in case.

Before Kickoff:

I'll add sliders later but play on AA. Seriously. As much as I think Heisman is better this year, you can certainly get great games on this level and in some respects get a much more exciting game than you can on Heisman.

Before kickoff, change the controller settings and take control of the CPU team *if* they have their starting HB as a kickoff and punt returner which seem to happen a lot. All this does is tire the starting CPU HB. Change this to another player and then set the controller back to your team.

Game Time:

Here are the rules I use during play and it makes AA a very playble and enjoyable lvl.

-No speed rushing (sprtinting) with defensive ends or outside linebackers. If you have a fast DE you can still get great pressure off the corner without sprinting, but speed bursting just makes it too easy to get a sack. You CAN sprint if rushing or blizting between the tackles, though. You may use all the swim moves and rip moves you want. I still get sacks doing this but rarely do I get the 8+ sacks per game I get when sprinting.

-No using motion on running plays. It's too easy to use motion to secure a great running scheme in this game. You'll still get good blocking but you just cannot take advantage of a game quirk if you don't use motion. You can use all the hot routes and audibles and motion you want on passing plays.

-Do not switch players on defense EXCEPT during pass plays. I still take control of a DB from time to time but to help the CPU run game, don't switch like crazy to the nearest guy and dive to stop the HB. Stick with the guy you started with and it helps a lot.

-Before you kick a FG (not the CPU, just you)--set the game level to Heisman. If you miss a FG on All American you suck. Just make sure to set it back to AA after the kick.

-Punt returns. Another issue with the game is the ease of which you can return kicks. Therefore I fair catch the ball every other punt return. Sucks that I have to do this but I like it better than returning every kick 20 yards.

-Play on 11 min quarters. This has been proven to help the CPU playcalling as well as it doesn't feel rushed. Work the clock and try not to snap the ball until 5-7 secs are left and you'll get a very accurate number of plays. (130-150 total)

-In using this system I am in year 3 of my OSY Dynasty and we're 3 games into the season and OSU is 2-1 after beating North Texas 45-41 in a thriller (they scored off 4 OSU turnovers). We then whipped #1 Oklahoma 34-17 and lost a heartbreaker to #9 Arkansas 29-24. The Ark game was the best NCAA 2004 game I have ever played against the CPU. They scored on a 98 yard pass and OSU answered with a 93 yd kickoff return to make it 29-24 with 2 mins to play. I shut down Ark on 3 plays and got the ball back but failed to score from the Ark 35. What a game. Arkansas also ran for 145 yards which was nice.

-Recruiting:

Use OSUMike's recruiting rules. See the sticky above. Makes the off season stuff so much more enjoyable from a realism POV.

Sliders:

AA

OFF (HUM/CPU)
QB Acc - 10/18
Pass BLK- 5/17
WR CAT- 13/13
Run ABL- 10/20
Run BLK- 5/20

DEF (HUM/CPU)
AWR- 5/18
KNOCK- 8/18
INT- 5/10
Break BLK- 5/18
TAK- 5/15

Special Teams:

MAX Human FG accuracy (remember this will be on Heisman)

MIN CPU FG Accuracy

Penalty Sliders:

False Start: Max right
Holding: +7 from left
Face Mask: +4
OFF PI: Max right
DEF PI: Max right

The rest are in the middle.

You WILL see more holding calls but this has given me a very good and fair # of penalties.

Anyway that's all for now. Hope they help.

Here are the recruiting rules I also found...

All credit goes out to MikeOSU for these:

"Anyone who is not a complete idiot and/or not lazy can do an unrealistically good job at recruiting in this game.

So, without further ado, here are the rules I am going to use in my dynasties for recruiting.

These numbers indicate the maximum number of recruits you are able to have in a class from a certain area, AS WELL AS the maximum number of recruits you can target from a given area in a given week. Also, any commitments you get from one of the areas reduces the number you are allowed to recruit in following weeks (basically, at any given time you cannot exceed the specified number of targets + commitments in a region)

Limits:

In-state: Unlimited
Region:*++ 5 total (Your region is the five closest states to your home state. If more than five are adjacent, pick a specific five to stick with for your entire dynasty.)
Florida, California, Texas:* The total limit is equal to your team's prestige (obviously if you are a school in one of these states the unlimited rule applies for your state)
All other states: Limit is equal to half of your prestige, rounded up. (1-2 stars = 1, 3-4 stars = 2, 5-6 stars = 3)

* - Teams in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona may NOT include California as a regional state, and can have only 4 regional states instead of 5. However, they can recruit up to 7 players from California IN ADDITION to whatever they are allowed according to their FL,CA,TX limit and other state limit. So, a 3 star team from Utah could recruit a maxiumum of 12 players from California (7 for the rule, 3 for their prestige, and 2 for their "other states" limit)

++ - All of the states in New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont) count as one state. Thus, any school from any of those states gets unlimited recruiting from all of those states, and the New England region is only counted as one of the five total states when included in a school's region.

Note that the limits for regional and FL/CA/TX recruiting are combined limits for all states in the region. So, if your limit for FL/CA/TX is 4 players, you can recruit a total of four from FL, CA, and TX combined, not 4 players from each.

Also, limits can be combined if they overlap: If for example you are a 4-star program in Georgia, you could recruit up to 11 players from Florida: 4 for your FL, CA, TX limit, plus 5 from your region limit (Florida is in the region), plus 2 from your other states limit."

I'm not sure if I will use those or some other ones I have come across, but using some are always a good call. Only thing I haven't done with Abner's is that I do switch to a different player on run plays, otherwise everything works great, especially changing the coach sliders.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:06 AM   #30
Pro

yeah, i just printed up that exact post! i am givin those settings a whirl....let's stay in touch amigo.....i want to keep hearing about your games. keep me in the loop with any dynasty you create....

peace
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck
Old 12-11-2006, 01:00 PM   #31
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCubs
yeah, i just printed up that exact post! i am givin those settings a whirl....let's stay in touch amigo.....i want to keep hearing about your games. keep me in the loop with any dynasty you create....

peace
I'm three games into my Louisville dynasty with Abner's sliders and rules and I am having a blast. I'm 2-1 with my last game being a loss to #13 NC State, fun game though. Louisville is only a *** in this game so I am looking forward to building them up and within the next 4-5 years being looked at as a national championship contender. I also can't wait to do some recruiting with the rules so it proves to be more of a challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2006, 10:16 AM   #32
Pro

so i started a dynasty with the Huskies of Washington and the Aggies of Texas A&M with these new sliders.....my first game was the Aggies taking on the Ark State....it was a nail biter, with four OTs!! i ended up losing 30-24 but it was a fun game....i am diggin the sliders. actually, they are not that different from the sliders i whipped together on AA, so that's cool....
anyway, i will keep ya posted.....i love 2004!!!
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »