Home

SportGamer24's early early early '08 sliders (360)

This is a discussion on SportGamer24's early early early '08 sliders (360) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #17
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: SportGamer24's early early early '08 sliders (360)

Well after more tweaking I'm leaning towards a Heisman set. Heisman seems to play a lot tighter then AA. Big plays feel rewarding since they don't occur that often. There is no speed cheat but the defense takes better angles to the ball. The pass coverage is a lot tighter but while testing out some sliders I've learned how important it is to use the analog stick when throwing passes. Use it to lead guys or throw behind defenders. For example if a WR is doing a cross pattern in the middle of the field and the linebacker is a few yards infront of the WR. Hit the opposite direction that your WR is running and the QB will throw the ball where the WR currently is instead of leading him on his cross pattern into the Linebacker. This helps a lot and decreases the number of human thrown picks.

In regards to the INT issue, i feel that there are less CPU turnovers on Heisman. The crazy number of picks on AA was just way too high. I'm not completely giving up on tweaking AA but for now I'm working with Heisman. I've had some great games. Here is the current set. Last game played was Georgia (HUM) vs Rutgers (CPU). I lost 35-21 but I had two costly turnovers which essentially cost me the game. The CPU had about 470 yards of offense to my 420. This is on 9 minutes. My current Heisman set is below. If anyone has a chance to try these out let me know. One key issue I addressed is due to the tighter coverage the computer plays on human WR you need to up the HUM pass block to allow you to make better reads. You will still get sacked, but this allows for some more time in the pocket. Let me know what you all think...

Heisman 9 minute quarters
Hum CPU
qb acc 70 30
pass blk 80 0
wr catch 50 50
rb abil 60 55
run blk 40 0

awr 55 10
knk 80 0
int 0 0
brk blk 10 0
tackle 50 20
Old 07-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #18
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

How many total plays does the 9 minute quarters give you? I've only played around with 5 minutes quarters so far - I usually play 8 in my dynasty though.
I think for the NCAA the avg is about 150, 120 for the NFL.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:47 AM   #19
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportGamer24
Well after more tweaking I'm leaning towards a Heisman set. Heisman seems to play a lot tighter then AA. Big plays feel rewarding since they don't occur that often. There is no speed cheat but the defense takes better angles to the ball. The pass coverage is a lot tighter but while testing out some sliders I've learned how important it is to use the analog stick when throwing passes. Use it to lead guys or throw behind defenders. For example if a WR is doing a cross pattern in the middle of the field and the linebacker is a few yards infront of the WR. Hit the opposite direction that your WR is running and the QB will throw the ball where the WR currently is instead of leading him on his cross pattern into the Linebacker. This helps a lot and decreases the number of human thrown picks.

In regards to the INT issue, i feel that there are less CPU turnovers on Heisman. The crazy number of picks on AA was just way too high. I'm not completely giving up on tweaking AA but for now I'm working with Heisman. I've had some great games. Here is the current set. Last game played was Georgia (HUM) vs Rutgers (CPU). I lost 35-21 but I had two costly turnovers which essentially cost me the game. The CPU had about 470 yards of offense to my 420. This is on 9 minutes. My current Heisman set is below. If anyone has a chance to try these out let me know. One key issue I addressed is due to the tighter coverage the computer plays on human WR you need to up the HUM pass block to allow you to make better reads. You will still get sacked, but this allows for some more time in the pocket. Let me know what you all think...

Heisman 9 minute quarters
Hum CPU
qb acc 70 30
pass blk 80 0
wr catch 50 50
rb abil 60 55
run blk 40 0

awr 55 10
knk 80 0
int 0 0
brk blk 10 0
tackle 50 20
I'll give these a test run when I get a chance.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #20
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
How many total plays does the 9 minute quarters give you? I've only played around with 5 minutes quarters so far - I usually play 8 in my dynasty though.
I think for the NCAA the avg is about 150, 120 for the NFL.
My last 9 minute game I ran 26 run plays, 43 pass plays... i believe the computer ran 36 run and around 35 pass.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:25 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for the sliders. I'm gonna try this set out in my next game. Are you working on the special teams sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 04:46 PM   #22
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyon2004
Thanks for the sliders. I'm gonna try this set out in my next game. Are you working on the special teams sliders?
Yes, I don't have them on me right now, but I think it was something like this

CPU FG Pow 35
CPU FG ACC 0
CPU Punt Pow 40
everything else default

HUM FG POW 40
HUM FG ACC 45
HUM PUNT POW 40
Old 07-18-2007, 05:30 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportGamer24
Yes, I don't have them on me right now, but I think it was something like this

CPU FG Pow 35
CPU FG ACC 0
CPU Punt Pow 40
everything else default

HUM FG POW 40
HUM FG ACC 45
HUM PUNT POW 40
good lookin out. I'll try those settings out.

Last edited by stalyon2004; 07-18-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:11 AM   #24
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I just tried out your Heisman sliders, pretty good for a start. I played 8 minute quarters as Arkansas at home against Maryland. I ended up losing 51-34 after being outscored 21-0 in the 4th quarter. Up until then it was a great, great game. Then I fumbled three times in the 4th and had two INT's which obviously is too much to overcome.

There was offense galore in this game, McFadden is amazing in this game - I had 30 att for 275 yards and 3 TD's with him.

Maryland was just as unstoppable, their RB had 21 attempts for 192 yards and their QB was 20-24 for 236 yards and two TD's.

The feel of the game was awesome, just a little too much O. Plus I need to play 7-min quarters. But for a base set, there's a lot of potential here.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »