Home

SportGamer24's early early early '08 sliders (360)

This is a discussion on SportGamer24's early early early '08 sliders (360) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2007, 01:47 PM   #41
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: SportGamer24's early early early '08 sliders (360)

Here are the stats from my first game:

FIU PSU
SCORE 12 21
1ST DOWNS 18 8
TOTAL OFF 264 185
RUSH-YDS-TD 32-52-0 24-73-1
COMP-ATT-TD 17-32-0 7-16-1
PASS YDS 212 112
TO 4 6

On second thought, I probably should have destroyed FIU... but I'll chalk it up to being my first game on
heisman on 360. I really didn't get my offense going until the 4th Qtr. In fact, I was down 12-3 in the 4th Qtr,
when J. King returns a kick off to the 1. On the next play, my HB A. Scott runs it in to cut the lead 12-10. On the
following FIU possession, my SS A. Scirrotto picks off an errant pass and takes it inside the 30. My QB, A. Morelli,
who had been struggling all day finally throws a 25 yd TD to D. Butler on a post pattern. and we take a 18-12
lead (after 2-pt conversion). We add an FG late in the 4th to seal the win.

The turnovers were a problem for me, but it was mainly due to HUM error. I threw a bunch of passes I shouldn't
have resulting in 4 INTs. Even though we held their running game to 52 yds, FIU never gave up on the running game,
which was good to see. It was a weird game. We were beat statistically and lost the turnover battle, but still won
the game. We had a key special teams play and a turnover when it counted; and our defense kept us in the game.
I'll definitely have to play more games to get a better feel.

Here is the slider set I used for first game:

HUM CPU
QB ACC 45 30
P BLK 80 0
WR CAT 50 50
R ABI 50 50
R BLK 50 50

AWA 50 50
KDWN 100 0
INTS 0 0
B BLK 0 0
TKL 50 40

I set all SP Teams sliders at 0 for now, because when I was practicing on PLAY NOW, I didn't see any missed FGs.
I went 2-3 in FGs and 1-1 in XP, and avg'd 45.0 yds per punt. FIU went 4-5 in FGs, and avg'd 42.0 yds per punt.

Last edited by nxt; 07-21-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 5

i am playing with your sliders (i think i knockdowns to 100 for computer though, and maybe something else like 5 points), but so far its a good game i am playing.

I am Cincinnati playing my second game of my dynasty against Oregon State. Score is 7-7 at halftime right now. Its all defense game so far (usually what i play anyways), but they have 173 total yards to my 40.

They are 5-6 for third downs to my 1-4. However they threw three picks in the game (all user picks, i control the middle linebacker, and if the computer passes over the middle its usually picked even with 0 for interceptions). I have thrown two picks myself. One was when i was scrambling out of the pocket and tried to hit a man on the run which was way off. Other was a perfect pass to my wideout. He just tipped the ball behind him where the defender picked it off. One of my picks was in the redzone with my cornerback where i ran back for a score to tie it up.

Only thing right now that is hurting me on offense is i can't run the ball. I ran it 6 times in the first half for -6 yards. I can run the ball which is apparent since i did have a 29 yard run, but i have had four holding calls (actually clipping calls but its the same as holding in this game cause holding calls never happen). Thats the only thing that has killed me on the offensive side is holding calls and Dustin Grutza (QB) was injured for a quarter.

Will post the results of the game when i finish
Old 07-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #43
Pro

alright second half was a blowout. Really don't like the easy interceptions. Oregon State would add up the yards althought i struck first with a 78 yard TD pass to open up the half. Too bad two plays later they hit a 61 yard pass for a TD.

They ended up with 368 yards to my 262. I did finally get postive yards rushing althought i did have a big run that was brought back on a clipping call. I did intercept the ball nine times though in the game (six in the second half), and only gave up the ball once on a fumble trying to run out the clock in the final 2 minutes.

There were five penalties for both teams. They had 60 yards while i had 75. Possession was dead even with 12:01 for them and 12:03 for me ( i play 6 minutes quarters).

But the final score was 30-14 me.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:08 AM   #44
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

NINE TIMES, thats horrible.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:50 PM   #45
Pro

well i think eight of the nine picks were user picks. then again its too easy to pick passes off this game.

Last edited by cincy14fan; 07-23-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #46
Pro

i just finished my second game with these sliders against Miami University (OH). They only turned the ball over three times, and two were interceptions (both user picks).

Game was a lot easier to run against the computer. Game was again dominated by the computer by yards, but still game out with a huge win in a 41-26 game.

Game stats:
score 41/26
first downs 14/17
total off. 313/408
rushes 21-95-1/23-107-1
passing 13-20-3/22-29-2
pass yds 218/301
3rd down 2-7(28)/3-8(37)
Redzone 5-2-1/5-2-1
T.O.P. 10:31/13:33

I only had two penalties against me which didn't kill off a lot of drives for me. They had seven which removed them from field goal range on at least two drives. I got my longest run in the game so far (in three games in my dynasty) of 42 yards which actually a penalty wasn't thrown on. I did score on a fumble recovery to start off the third quarter, and one of the picks i had was in the endzone. Overall it was a great game, and i was trying to run out the clock heading into the fourth quarter with the score 38-13. They did get over 140 yards on in me in the fourth quarter so that is how they blew me out in yards.

I really are starting to like this sliders (as long as the interceptions are around maybe 2 a game) but everything else is a battle for.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #47
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
i just finished my second game with these sliders against Miami University (OH). They only turned the ball over three times, and two were interceptions (both user picks).

Game was a lot easier to run against the computer. Game was again dominated by the computer by yards, but still game out with a huge win in a 41-26 game.

Game stats:
score 41/26
first downs 14/17
total off. 313/408
rushes 21-95-1/23-107-1
passing 13-20-3/22-29-2
pass yds 218/301
3rd down 2-7(28)/3-8(37)
Redzone 5-2-1/5-2-1
T.O.P. 10:31/13:33

I only had two penalties against me which didn't kill off a lot of drives for me. They had seven which removed them from field goal range on at least two drives. I got my longest run in the game so far (in three games in my dynasty) of 42 yards which actually a penalty wasn't thrown on. I did score on a fumble recovery to start off the third quarter, and one of the picks i had was in the endzone. Overall it was a great game, and i was trying to run out the clock heading into the fourth quarter with the score 38-13. They did get over 140 yards on in me in the fourth quarter so that is how they blew me out in yards.

I really are starting to like this sliders (as long as the interceptions are around maybe 2 a game) but everything else is a battle for.
Numbers are starting to look pretty good. My goal of these sliders is to decrease the number of CPU thrown Interceptions. Make the CPU a tough but fair opponent (I want to be able to blow out mediocre opponents but I also want the CPU to be able to move the ball).

My one concern right now is the running game. Do you think the running game is fair and realistic? Sometimes it seems a little too easy to run.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:11 AM   #48
Pro

i think it is. personally when its a team around my rank or doesn't have that good of an offense i do pretty well. I finished up my first year and barely broke over 850 yards rushing. I did have 195 against Conn. in my conference, but their were other teams like West Virginia and Lousville where it seems like i couldn't move the ball on the ground.

I think your sliders work great, and the big thing i found out for less picks is to not switch on the defender. Yes i did give up a little more yards a game, but my average turnovers were 3 a game last year.

Then again Cincinnati doesn't have the best lineman or running back for a great running game. They are more built for passing, and that is my strong point. So i really don't run the ball the majority of the time.

By the way i finished the year 9-3 losing to Rutgers, West Virginia, and Syracuse (who was ranked at the time). I did finish up the year ahead of Syracuse in the rankings at 19, and went to beat Houston in the bowl game by eleven points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »