Home

mudtiger 08 360 slider log

This is a discussion on mudtiger 08 360 slider log within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2007, 08:24 PM   #73
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: mudtiger 08 360 slider log

Well, without reading your last post, I'll tell you that I finished a half of Michigan (me) against Notre Dame, and I'm up 23-3. Overall, I like what I see, except - of course - ND threw FIVE interceptions. The first two I could live with - one was the result of a well-timed blitz, the other was a bad read, but a realistically bad read - but the next three were pretty awful.

Also frustrating was the fact that they were pretty much running all over me (their starter had 9 carries for 63 yards, 7.0) but, obviously, they only ran 9 times. (WTF already! Nice AI play-calling, EA.)

Clausen went 12 of 24 for 126 yards (nice) but, again, 5 INT.

Well, I don't need to go on and on. The point of this post is the 5 INTs and that I'll play the second half of the game with what you just posted.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #74
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Well, without reading your last post, I'll tell you that I finished a half of Michigan (me) against Notre Dame, and I'm up 23-3. Overall, I like what I see, except - of course - ND threw FIVE interceptions. The first two I could live with - one was the result of a well-timed blitz, the other was a bad read, but a realistically bad read - but the next three were pretty awful.

Also frustrating was the fact that they were pretty much running all over me (their starter had 9 carries for 63 yards, 7.0) but, obviously, they only ran 9 times. (WTF already! Nice AI play-calling, EA.)

Clausen went 12 of 24 for 126 yards (nice) but, again, 5 INT.

Well, I don't need to go on and on. The point of this post is the 5 INTs and that I'll play the second half of the game with what you just posted.
Yeah, ints are what they are, can't help that. The only thing I can suggest is play as a team with a poor defense, they'll drop more picks

As far as the run game goes, it's right on the edge of being too powerful for the cpu. It may be a tad too much and Human TKL may need a boost to 20 to see if that slows the cpu down. I've got nothing wrong with a 7.0 avg on the ground, it happens. Just as long as that is not the norm.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:14 PM   #75
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

Oh, about CPU running: yeah, that didn't come out right. I wasn't frustrated that they were running all over me. That part I liked. What was frustrating was that they were doing so yet still insisted on passing at a 3-1 ratio.

Finished the game. Tale of two halfs, remarkably. Won 26-10!

Not sure whether it was my playcalling, the CPU's playcalling, or what, but I was having a pretty hard time, especially considering how easy the first half seemed. Makes me think the CPU actually made second-half adjustments.

Team Stats: CPU/Me

Score: 10/26
First Downs: 17/17
Total Offense: 302/326
Rush-Yards-TD: 21-95-0/40-125-2
Comp-Att-TD: 19-35-1/12-20-1
Pass yds: 207/201
3rd: 5-13/7-13
Intercepted: 6/3
Penalties: 8-73/6-40

That's a damn nice stat line. If it weren't for the damn INTs ...

Can't really suggest any main changes at this point. I'm going to play another game.

I would like to bring up special teams, though. For one thing, I see no reason to have the CPU punting accuracy so low. I've only been pinned inside the 5 like once, and I've had it at 90 most of the time. I understand you wanna see a shank now and then, but I don't want every punt from inside the 50 go out of the back of the endzone or out of bounds at the 25.

Also, with respect to kickoffs: Notice that most of the drives start between the 30 and 38? The special teams units just don't get down the field fast enough. I'm thinking it would be better to just have the kickoffs be longer and get more touchbacks, even if its not quite as realistic.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 07-25-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 10:06 PM   #76
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

I changed the cpu PA back to default 50, human is at 0. I'll have to pay more attention to the cpu's punts I guess.

I tend to agree with your point about the kick offs. I've been slowly raising kick off power. I've got it at 30/35 now, may go up more.

With some tweaking I think these have a shot at working on varsity. Some things aren't quite right yet, but they just feel close. I had this feeling a few times on AA too and it never worked out though

EDIT
This is shaping up a little better so far. A little tighter on the D. Still feeling close.
h/cpu

qba 40/100
pb 50/50
cth 25/25
rba 50/70??
rbl 50/50

awr 5/100
knd 75/75
int 0/0
bb 0/100
tkl 25/100

fgp 15/15
fga 0/25
pl 25/25
pa 0/50
kop 35/35

Last edited by mudtiger; 07-25-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:58 PM   #77
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

Well I just played another half. This time Michigan @ Miami.

Score is 17-17, and I'm lucky it's not 21-10. I made a nice defensive stop in the redzone to keep it 17-10 late in the second, and then I managed a 68-yard TD pass to tie it with time running out.

I'm officially having problems on the ground. After last game's 40 carries for 125 yards, I'm only 19 carries for 40 yards in this game. Not saying it's a problem, but I am playing with an A+ offense. Maybe it's just me.

Otherwise, I'm still not to keen on the CPU's ability to pick apart my secondary. Wright is 15 of 21 for 245 yards and, per usual, I'm in the nickel on literally every play, mixing up zone, man, double-teams and blitzes as best I can to no avail.

Good news is that I only have 1 INT.

Question: Are we absolutely certain the CPU's QBA is directly effecting INTs? I mean, given that we're playing with it at 100 and I'm still seeing 6 INT games, I wonder if having it at a more modest 40 or 45 is really going to change much in that sense, and yet it would certainly help the high completion percentages most everyone is seeing (on all levels, that is).

For the second half, I'm going to lower CPU break-block down to 80, and lower CPU QBA down to 50 and see what happens.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 07-25-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:27 PM   #78
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Well I just played another half. This time Michigan @ Miami.

Score is 17-17, and I'm lucky it's not 21-10. I made a nice defensive stop in the redzone to keep it 17-10 late in the second, and then I managed a 68-yard TD pass to tie it with time running out.

I'm officially having problems on the ground. After last game's 40 carries for 125 yards, I'm only 19 carries for 40 yards in this game. Not saying it's a problem, but I am playing with an A+ offense. Maybe it's just me.

Otherwise, I'm still not to keen on the CPU's ability to pick apart my secondary. Wright is 15 of 21 for 245 yards and, per usual, I'm in the nickel on literally every play, mixing up zone, man, double-teams and blitzes as best I can to no avail.

Good news is that I only have 1 INT.

Question: Are we absolutely certain the CPU's QBA is directly effecting INTs? I mean, given that we're playing with it at 100 and I'm still seeing 6 INT games, I wonder if having it at a more modest 40 or 45 is really going to change much in that sense, and yet it would certainly help the high completion percentages most everyone is seeing (on all levels, that is).

For the second half, I'm going to lower CPU break-block down to 80, and lower CPU QBA down to 50 and see what happens.
You're reading my mind, gonna try a half with cpu qba at default.

Cpu's passing ability is just too much.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #79
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

Miami threw four INTs in the third quarter. Wright has thrown 10 incompletions; 5 of which were interceptions.

Ya know, goddamnit. That's like seriously the only problem right now.

And you wanna know what really bites my ***? If the goddamn sliders WORKED, this wouldn't even be an issue. Imagine if having INTs at zero actually made it so there were DAARRRR - NO INTs. What an amazing idea!

Last edited by Village Idiot; 07-26-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:14 AM   #80
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Yeah, this would be a great game if picks weren't an issue. I haven't seen too many lately, but I know they'll bite the cpu sooner or later.

If the cpu is going to throw a ton of picks no matter what the qba is set to, might as well have it set to where they'll at least throw for a realistic completion % I guess.

Just finished a half of AF(me) at Colorado State. An even matchup more or less with the nod going to CSU.

AF 10 - CSU 10

AF
yards 148
rush 15-53
pass 7-11-95

CSU
yards 203
rush 21-129
pass 9-13-74

High completion% for CSU, but they were all short passes. Longest was 12 yards. I can live with 70% completion on dinks and dunks.

Only interception thrown was mine. It was nice to see the cpu qb throw some bad throws again too. I think I'll stick with cpu qba around 50.

My only complaint was that CSU has a HB with 90+ break tackle and the guy broke 8 tackles, has 88 yards after first contact, and averaged 8.5 a carry for 120 total in the 1st half. He only had a long of 23 though. It might warrant a raise in human TKL another notch.

What do you have your wr catch at? I'm all the way down to 25 and really haven't noticed any drops. Do you think there's any possibility lowering wr catch could also drop the db's ability to catch? Just wondering because I haven't seen too many picks lately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »