Home

Playmaker's AA 360 sliders for 08

This is a discussion on Playmaker's AA 360 sliders for 08 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2007, 04:12 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Playmaker's AA 360 sliders for 08

I tried these out and they did seem to work but it was only one game.

The AI threw only 2 picks vs my defense which is not too bad. I did like the fact that the AI RB's didn't run me over as often. The game play felt smooth and realistic and I was able to pick up some nice long runs with this set. I still like the original set but these made the game more relaxed for me on offense in a good way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 11:12 AM   #42
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

The issue I have with these sliders is:
I realize in college football all teams aren't equal but I'm not trying to capture the essence of realism in a video game. I'm trying to make the game competive for me over the long haul and unfortunatley some of the settings on defense might frustrate you more than it would me.

To each their own of course, but I know I want the game to play more realistically than just be competitive. I don't want to see Temple go to USC and give the Trojans a good game - that just isn't going to happen, it should be a blowout 99% of the time. Again, to each his own and good luck with these.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
The issue I have with these sliders is:
I realize in college football all teams aren't equal but I'm not trying to capture the essence of realism in a video game. I'm trying to make the game competive for me over the long haul and unfortunatley some of the settings on defense might frustrate you more than it would me.

To each their own of course, but I know I want the game to play more realistically than just be competitive. I don't want to see Temple go to USC and give the Trojans a good game - that just isn't going to happen, it should be a blowout 99% of the time. Again, to each his own and good luck with these.
The above mentioned is what concerns me. Every game should not be competitive. Teams that should get blown out should. I don't want to play Toledo against LSU and have to sqeak out a win and the same against Bowling Green, Marshall, Utah State
Old 07-28-2007, 07:39 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I tried PM's latest changes and I think he may be on to something as far as INT's are concerned. My last 2 games with these I had a combined INT's of 1 which is a first. Peace!!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 07:50 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Here is Playmakers newest version............

8-10 Minute QTR's helps to get more penalties called and more sub's in the game when you adjust the the fatigue settings.

ALL AMERICAN-(Modified set as of 07/27/07)

HUMAN/CPU
QBA-50/50
PASS BLK-30/30
WR CATCH-50/50
RB ABLTY-50/50
RUN BLK-30/30

DEFENSIVE SLIDERS
AWR-0/100........(Human Players with high awareness still perorm)
KNDWS-0/30
INT-30/0
BRK BLK-10/10
TKL-30/70

SPECIAL TEAMS
FGL-15/15.....(I'd would suggest looking at your FG Kicker's Power rating)
FGA-45/45
PNTP-20/40
PNTA-60/80
KOL-40/60

PENALTY SLIDERS
Offsides-100
False Start-100
Holding-100
Facemask-100
Off Pi-100
Def Pi-75
Kr/pr Int-100
Clipping-50
Int Grounding-100
Roughing Passer-100
Roughing Kicker-100

SUB OUT/SUB IN

Offense
QB-75/90
RB-85/95
WR-75/90
FB/TE-85/95
OL-70/80

Defense
DT-85/95
DE-85/95
LB-75/90
CB-75/90
S-75/90
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've seen several sets that folks have used,have read the results,and the int problem is still just that......a problem.
The user just pics off to many passes....well Playmaker has (imo) found the problem.It has to do with the knockdown slider,I've seen several sets and have used several sets,and they all seem to have the kd slider maxed or close to it,turn that baby DOWN lol.
I just read the last few post and he might not have been looking for realism but after using his latest slider updates most of the day I can say these felt as real as they get to me. I love the fact now that the AI doesn't have any different offensive sliders than me and they still played good football. I lost to a big time program and then killed a smaller school. They may look hard if you just go by the looks of the sliders without playing. But the actual game play is pretty damn realistic from what I've seen in my games today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 07:55 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
The above mentioned is what concerns me. Every game should not be competitive. Teams that should get blown out should. I don't want to play Toledo against LSU and have to sqeak out a win and the same against Bowling Green, Marshall, Utah State
I tested this with PM's sliders, slightly tweaked to my style, and didn't have a problem. I played a half as USC (me) vs. Wash St. (cpu) and dominated them, especially the running game. Then I tried another half as Wisconsin (me) at Michigan and had a tough time moving the ball. My defense played well, but Michigan put a couple long scoring drives together. I think it was 10-3 Mich at halftime with 9 min quarters.

I like the sliders so far and will probably start my dynasty with them.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #47
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by evarts2616
I just read the last few post and he might not have been looking for realism but after using his latest slider updates most of the day I can say these felt as real as they get to me. I love the fact now that the AI doesn't have any different offensive sliders than me and they still played good football. I lost to a big time program and then killed a smaller school. They may look hard if you just go by the looks of the sliders without playing. But the actual game play is pretty damn realistic from what I've seen in my games today.
Nice post This says EXACTLY how I was feeling when I first tried these.
I have finally found my Dynasty sliders,and will start when the final rosters are uploaded.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-28-2007, 09:03 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

am i the only one getting more int's with the update? I'm getting at least 4 ints a game now, I think I liked it better with the knockdowns at 25 and the int at 0. BTW the rest of the sliders are awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »