Home

CPU vs. CPU PS2 NCAA 08

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU PS2 NCAA 08 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: CPU vs. CPU PS2 NCAA 08

I won't argue about Mack Brown as a football coach. As a leader, personality, and class act he might be the best in the country but you don't see him running the kind of complex offenses you see with an Urban Meyer, Chris Ault, or Mike Gundy or putting together super-disciplined defenses like Bob Stoops or Pete Carroll. You're right he motivates the hell out of his players even though, statistically, Texas looks like they're underacheiving. Like how we had 3 first day draft picks in the secondary and was ranked in the 100s in pass defense. Or how we had not one but two All-Big 12 talents at running back and didn't have a top 10 rushing offense like we should have.
Great motivator, recruiter, and awesome personality but not the guy that you want making a playbook for you lol. Lots of delegation there (see Greg Robinson (who ran a great defense as an assistant), Gene Chizic, probably some more I'm not thinking of)
Old 07-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #10
Rookie

Texas 37
35 rushes 161 yards
7-17 133 yards

Oklahoma 34
43 rushes 195 yards
20-32 359 yards

Leave it to Bob Stoops. Up 37 to 14, we bring in the second team and he brings it within 3 points. We bring our real players in and they miss a 50 yard field goal and lose. Boomer Sooner.

Good things: offense looked great just like the last two games. McCoy was 143.7, I guess Joey Halzle was 187.7 if that's their junior. Patrick had 192 averaging 6.6, Charles had 144 averaging 7. No pancakes everything looked good offensively. Its amazing how well you can do against the second team OU. Try doing that in the first half. Might help a little bit. Way to have the heart of a champion. LOL

Bad things: WAAY too many tackles for loss. 15 for Texas, 10 for OU. That is the only issue because outside of the 2 special teams explosions by OSU, everything looks great.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:52 PM   #11
Rookie

Tennessee 30
24 rushes 30 yards
25-47 422 yards

Texas 27
31 rushes 29 yards
21-38 220 yards

6 sacks for each team 18 TFL for Tennessee and 10 for Texas. The TFL situation needs to be addressed. It kills the running game.

Dynasty Adjustments

All defense to max conservative and 65 pass or higher if the team already plays the pass more than that. This adjustment should have the defense in base cover 2/3 throughout the game and not key the run to the point where the offense gets positive yardage most of the time unless the other team is very talented. This should also reduce the effectiveness of the deep pass, which absolutely torched defenses in the previous games.

Offense doesn't need to be changed in the coaching options in my opinion.

The sliders need to be adjusted, however, for the coaching strategy change. QB Accuracy should be 50, because the defense is going to be keying the pass and defending much better. The quarterback has to be a little more accurate in order to compensate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2007, 09:45 PM   #12
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Jakers, can you give us the exact slider settings from your adjustments that you are now using?, so we can help you test the settings?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Jakers, are you playing the games within Dynasty or as Exhibition games?
Old 07-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #14
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Jakers, Are you still alive?
Old 07-24-2007, 04:01 AM   #15
Rookie

Ok guys I'm back. Sorry been at work from 4 P.M. until midnight last three days .

I did the games I posted before in Play Now to see how the sliders themselves shaped out. Now I'm testing this within Dynasty since that's the only way you can adjust coaching settings.

My original settings were:

Quarter Length: 9 minutes
Skill Level: Varsity
Everything else on but HFA

OFFENSE
QB Accuracy: 25
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 50
RB Ability: 50
Run Blocking: 75

DEFENSE
Awareness: 50
Knockdowns: 99
Interceptions: 0
Break Block: 25
Tackling: 25

SPECIAL TEAMS
Field Goal Length: 0
FG Accuracy: 0
Punt Length: 99
Punt Accuracy: 0
Kickoff Length: 75

All Penalties Maxed except Unsportsmanlike which is zero

These are the settings that worked best for me in NCAA 07 and I'm in the process of getting them to work in NCAA 08.

The problem I ran in to were a high number of tackles for loss, which was a continuing pattern. Thankfully, offensive balance and QB efficiency, which is usually the toughest nut to crack, were both good. Now I've got to figure out how to get the offense to not get sacked or hit in the backfield on runs as much.

What I'm doing now is setting max offensive conservatism. This should help because the offensive A.I. was extremely urgent and almost desperate in how it played. That might explain how chaotic the games were to watch. I had the offense set to max conservative in 07 but I wanted to see if EA tweaked the A.I. before I made that adjustment. Hopefully this creates more stable gameplay.

Last edited by Jakers22TB; 07-24-2007 at 05:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 08:34 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

With the penalties maxed are you seeing a high number of holding calls. I had Holding at 90% and both teams had at least 8 penalties in the first half.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »