Home

CPU vs. CPU PS2 NCAA 08

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU PS2 NCAA 08 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
CPU vs. CPU PS2 NCAA 08

Got the game on Wednesday and have been playing around with Dynasty CPU vs. CPU and have found out that this game plays a lot differently than last years did as far as CPU vs. CPU goes. Thankfully, this process has been made easier by the Restart feature, probably the best thing they've ever done for CPU vs. CPU people.

After seeing strange game after strange game, Home Field Advantage HAS to be off. The way the game plays with it off is much easier to manage and doesn't have the circus "What the hell is going on" atmosphere. If you're going to make CPU vs. CPU sliders spare yourself watching a game with HFA it really is ugly.

9-10 minutes, just like last year, is the same amount of time to get the right number of plays.

As far as sliders go, so far when I haven't been at work I've been trying to make some sense out of HFA NCAA 08, which was just nuts so now I'm seeing how these sliders go on Varsity without HFA.

OFFENSE
QB Accuracy 25
Pass Blocking 50
WR Catching 50
RB Ability 50
Run Blocking 75

DEFENSE
Awareness 50
Knockdowns 99
Interceptions 0
Break Block 25
Tackling 25

SPECIAL TEAMS
Kick Power 0
Kick Accuracy 0
Punt Power 99
Punt Accuracy 0
Kickoff Length 75

Anyone who did CPU vs. CPU last year may remember these are pretty much the same sliders Juk34man used, with increased catching and kickoff length.

I'm gonna do 4 games with these and post stats for each:

Texas vs. Oklahoma State
Texas vs. Texas A&M
Texas vs. Oklahoma
Michigan vs. Texas

Last edited by Jakers22TB; 07-19-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 12:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: CPU vs. CPU PS2 NCAA 08

Oklahoma State 55

36 Rushes 201 Yards
17-27 63% 267 Yards

Texas 28
36 Rushes 205 Yards
12-21 57% 145 Yards

Good things: the offense overall was very good statistically with great averages across the board. 121.3 Rating for Colt McCoy and 143.4 for Bobby Reid. Both backs averaged about 7 yards a carry and the wide receivers got steady yardage with only 3 combined drops. Pancakes were nonexistent which is great. Also, without any adjustments to playcalling, both teams averaged very close to their Coach's settings %s

Bad things: 2 kickoff returns for touchdowns by OSU, 15 tackles for loss by OSU including 5 sacks, 7 tackles for loss by Texas. That averages out to be 11 which is 3 higher than the highest tackles for loss team in the country last season, Florida International. The tackles for loss might be because of how aggressive OSU is on defense. If that's the case then a change on defensive aggressiveness sliders may have to be made. The kickoff returns are probably best explained by the Run Blocking slider, since the ball is going deep and the blockers have more time to set up. Both of the returns were for an average of 97.5 yards too, so I'll probably be seeing this come up again somewhere.

Last edited by Jakers22TB; 07-19-2007 at 12:17 PM. Reason: format
Old 07-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

OVR: 8

That's because OSU special teams are unstoppable!!!

I can't wait until the Cowboys beat UT by 27 this year!!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
Rookie

Texas 55
37 rushes 332 yards
11-24 260 Yards

Texas A&M 24
33 rushes 90 yards
18-31 321 yards

Good things: Still pretty accurate on offense. McCoy was 147.8 and McGee was 166.3, so no out-of-proportion play out of the QBs. Texas absolutely blew themup rushing which isn't too surprising but run blocking looks like it needs to be lowered. Texas threw 3 interceptions, which is completely possible with a sophomore QB. Once again, the ratios for both teams running and passing were very accurate, so no adjustments need to be made so far to initial gameplans' ratios.

Bad things: 12 tackles for loss for Texas, 6 for Texas A&M. The average tackles for loss per game per top 10 in the country caliber player is about 2 per game. Texas' average over the last 2 games is 9.5 TFL giving up 10.5. Sacks haven't been too bad, but tackles for loss have to be fixed. Probably the best way to do that is to use max conservative defenses, since they won't blitz as much. Then again, the average might be lower over the next 2 games but I doubt it since its Oklahoma and Michigan

Last edited by Jakers22TB; 07-19-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:14 PM   #5
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

[quote=Jakers22TB;3247403]
9-10 minutes, just like last year, is the same amount of time to get the right number of plays.

Which are you using 9 or 10 minute quarters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 02:31 PM   #6
Rookie

As a UT fan I'm not too excited about playing Oklahoma State.
No one is.
I guarantee you Georgia is not looking forward to starting 0-1 which they will this season.
They're about to do to the rest of the country what Urban Meyer's teams have done in the last few years. Spread them out and attack the open space that cannot be accounted for. Except they won't be doing it with a pocket style passer like Chris Leak, they've got a freak Vince Young caliber athlete and the same kind of receiving corps. Only Boise State matched their 200 rushing and passing yards balance on offense and they're returning their best players from last season. BUT...
I think they won't beat Texas, because we'll be riding high after we utterly destroy Oklahoma and everyone else on our pretty easy schedule and we did beat yall last year haha. Oklahoma, however, is one screwed football program. They lose all their wins from 2005 (funniest **** ever) and now they're gonna start a few young, untested QBs and probably will get early 2004 Rhett Bomar stats (119th passing hopefully) and get beat (blown out) by the legit teams they play starting with Texas, then OSU, then a close win/loss to A&M. Loaded as their skill positions may be this is the season, in my opinion, to take a shot at Oklahoma. That QB, whoever it may be, won't be able to take the heat and the running game alone won't be enough to keep it off. They might as well start Keith Nichol and hope he doesn't get paralyzed from the waist down HAHA
Old 07-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #7
Rookie

I've been using 9 minute quarters. The way I decide whether or not to use 9 or 10 is how much the teams run. Two 60/40 or more teams will run the clock a lot and, therefore, use more time per play. If you've got Hawaii and New Mexico State or crazy pass happy teams, 9 minutes is the only way you won't run up 90 or something plays with all the clock stops and 2 minute drills.

I didn't use 10 minutes with the first two games because I wasn't sure if the CPU would call different ratios for their plays like they did last year. I'm pretty sure now that the CPU with HFA off calls plays like the Coach Options settings so that would be a good rule of thumb on how long your quarters should be.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:44 PM   #8
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

OVR: 8

UT is always a tough matchup for us b/c even when we matchup athletically, UT players are smarter football players and UT is generally deeper without compromising talent. I don't think Mack is a great coach but he is a great motivator and with superior talent that plays a big role in winning games you should win (IMHO).

OSU lost Artrell Woods for the season, so the WRs don't look as solid. If someone steps up to fill that #2 slot, the offense will be top 5 or so. If the D can stop anyone, it will be a good year. Last year OSU was four plays away from the Big XII Championship.

Anyway, I love CPU v CPU so I am watchiing this thread closely to determine whether I buy 2008 or stick with my 2004 throwback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »