Home

theaub's NCAA '08 AA Sliders (PS3)

This is a discussion on theaub's NCAA '08 AA Sliders (PS3) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: theaub's NCAA '08 AA Sliders (PS3)

I have to say that I've been switching off and on other sliders to try and get the best results and with these I've had the best results bar none. My ints are down the most and I'm getting realistic stats.

Also I'm using xbox 360 for these
Old 07-23-2007, 03:39 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

hey thanx for these great sliders i put them in and saw a big difference in the a.i which made me enjoy the game even more i lost 24-23 agaist syracuse they scored a lucky *** td on but the experience kept me in the game. thanx
Old 07-23-2007, 03:49 AM   #19
Banned

GoDevilsASU's Arena

OVR: 3

Auburn,

Not sure about these sliders. I played 2 games with them. I was Miami @ UTEP and threw 5 INTs at halftime and led 13-10 before quitting. Then I played ASU vs. Nebraska and I threw 6 INTS and NU's Keller threw 5 in a 36-19 loss. Too many INTs. I need improvement, but come on. If we can't figure this out this game is unplayable.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:34 AM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
I've changed these a bit...I've actually put both knockdown sliders at 100 to reduce picks. Of course, I've needed to change some other stuff too. I'm still tweaking a bit, but I think I'll be editing the first post sometime tomorrow evening.
I don't think raising the knockdown slider reduces picks at all. It simply determines how well a DB makes a play on the ball when he is in position. By having it at 100 I'm sure DBs and particularly LBs are swatting the ball down everywhere. With the flat trajectory of passes allowing LBs to swat down passes, the overly aggressive nature of DB in relation to the WR I set the knockdowns and INTs to 0 for both user and CPU. I've seen defenders "warp" to the ball with higher knockdown settings and knock them down. Even with knockdowns at 0 for everyone, DBs still make plays. Furthermore, with higher knockdowns you will see DBs swat the ball more which tends to result in picks on deflections. I think you should try playing with this at 0 and just tweak the def. awareness to get the results you want. Just my two cents.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:14 PM   #21
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli
I had a question, what are you using for your subs? also these sliders work great on the 360.
Uh...default. I can't even find the sub in/sub out sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDevilsASU
Auburn,

Not sure about these sliders. I played 2 games with them. I was Miami @ UTEP and threw 5 INTs at halftime and led 13-10 before quitting. Then I played ASU vs. Nebraska and I threw 6 INTS and NU's Keller threw 5 in a 36-19 loss. Too many INTs. I need improvement, but come on. If we can't figure this out this game is unplayable.
I'm starting to see this too...its sort of depressing. For a test, I put my AWR and INT at 0 and the CPU QB ACC at 100, and they still threw 3 picks. Its sort of frustrating. I might give Heisman a try over the next couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't think raising the knockdown slider reduces picks at all. It simply determines how well a DB makes a play on the ball when he is in position. By having it at 100 I'm sure DBs and particularly LBs are swatting the ball down everywhere. With the flat trajectory of passes allowing LBs to swat down passes, the overly aggressive nature of DB in relation to the WR I set the knockdowns and INTs to 0 for both user and CPU. I've seen defenders "warp" to the ball with higher knockdown settings and knock them down. Even with knockdowns at 0 for everyone, DBs still make plays. Furthermore, with higher knockdowns you will see DBs swat the ball more which tends to result in picks on deflections. I think you should try playing with this at 0 and just tweak the def. awareness to get the results you want. Just my two cents.
I do think the knockdown slider is good for the CPU, as it keeps my completion percentage in check. However, it does completely destroy virtually any chance of completing the deep ball. I'm going to test out Heisman for a few days, see if there's any good changes (like the CPU throwing less picks), and try to make a set there as well. I'm also going to 0 out the AA sliders and build a different set from the ground up. I seriously think that when the user offense is on the field, these sliders play pretty damn well. When the CPU is on the field, well, that's a different story, and I still need to tweak a bit there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 11:47 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Auto-subs are found on the strategy section.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:25 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 10

Played a couple games so far in my dynasty as I tried SN's heisman sliders and I wasnt really feeling them so I tried yours out.

First game was pretty decent San Diego State (me) @ Washington State. WSU had some bad breaks and gave up a few big plays. It seemed like everytime they had a third down, their next play would always take them to fourth and inches and they always punted. 8 min quarters playing on 360. Here is link to couple highlights

SDSU 31
Total Offense:
Passing Yards: 16-20-197
Rushing Yards: 32-206
Turnovers: 2 fum 2 int
T.O.P: 18:48

WSU 17
Total Offense:
Passing Yards: 19-29-235
Rushing Yards: 23-88
Turnovers: 1 fum 2 int
T.O.P: 13:16

Second game was a crazy one with SDSU @ Arizona State. I forced the ball to many times which led to me being intercepted six times. I abandoned the run early after getting down and the lead was within reach, but I just made way to many bad reads which led to picks and scores.

SDSU 30
Total Offense:
Passing Yards: 30-52-327
Rushing Yards: 14-37
Turnovers: 0 fum 6 int
T.O.P: 15:42

ASU 41
Total Offense:
Passing Yards: 24-34-271
Rushing Yards: 30-65
Turnovers: 1 fum 1 int
T.O.P: 16:06

Im going to try these out a few more games and see if I am going to stick with these, but so far I like the way they play as it is challenging, but not like on heisman where every play has to be to perfection for you to be competitive.

Rams NFL Championships :

"
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Last edited by Angel_Fan; 07-24-2007 at 01:44 AM. Reason: added link
Old 07-24-2007, 05:10 AM   #24
Banned

GoDevilsASU's Arena

OVR: 3

[quote=theaub;2037603055]
I'm starting to see this too...its sort of depressing. For a test, I put my AWR and INT at 0 and the CPU QB ACC at 100, and they still threw 3 picks. Its sort of frustrating. I might give Heisman a try over the next couple of days.[quote]

Guess we all have different skill levels...but ever since I lowered the settings to Varsity, I played 2 games and threw 3 INTs with ASU (1 to Temple and 2 to Ohio St)....all bad reads by me...the CPU threw a total of 5 INTs in those two games....so, I may lower the Human sliders down a little bit on Varsity....I may not sell this game yet before August.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »