Home

PS3 AA Sliders (striving for realism!)

This is a discussion on PS3 AA Sliders (striving for realism!) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2007, 04:15 PM   #9
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: PS3 AA Sliders (striving for realism!)

Bumped user tackle up 5 to 55. The AI was breaking too many tackles. I like to see it in the game etc. but compared to the rest of the league RBs were avg. 3+ more broken tackles against my team through 4 weeks (I'm Army btw) than other teams were in my dynasty.

Army sucks, and I wouldn't care if it were one game but it's been pretty consistent. I know we miss tackles but I'm not seeing other bad teams do the same each week (EMU etc).

I'm hopeful that the AI will continue to run the ball successfully despite this. I might even bump up RB more to compensate we'll see.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:47 AM   #10
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Raised AI FG Accuracy up 5 to 55. Computer is missing too many XPs compared to the rest of the dynasty teams.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #11
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

My cousin and I are trying you sliders in our dynasty. They seem to be really good.

The one thing that I see that might be a problem is that our Offenses seem too powerful. And the cpu Offenses seem to under powered. I played a team that was alot better than mine and I won.

Im not saying that is not possible to win but the way I won the game was to me a bit to easy and simple. Very fun game and very good game. I am using Midd Tenn State. I was playing against Texas A and M. I won by like 2 points.

It just seemed like I could do anything I wanted with my Off. But the cpu had a hard time against my Def. My cousin is playing his game right now with Ark State against Ole Miss. I will keep you updated.

Also I think Kickoff needs to be moved to maybe 55-50. Almost every team kicks the ball deep into the endzone against me. I think the placement of the ball on kickoff was moved so that the college game would have more returns. Just something I thought you might look into. Im trying to see if maybe together we can put some good sliders up.

Last edited by DereckM; 07-26-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #12
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

First off, God bless the Lions. I still refuse to spend money on them until they win, but I will always love them (from Detroit originally).

I agree that the CPU offense needs a kick start to at least the running game. I believe this would also open up their passing game a bit more.

With that said, I do not want to raise the RB ability or else the CPU RB break tackles are way out of wack. I also do not want to bump up the rub blocking much because I'm not sure what effect it will have on pancakes (or are they just for pass blocking?). I think I will lower the human break block and also the AI pass blocking to compensate (so we still get sacks). There is a chance I could bump up the AI run blocking (it would probably be easier than the first fix I mentioned) but we'll have to see how pancakes look.

I was very frustrated after my last game in which I got WHOOPED by Tulane, at home, 40-10. I'm not very good at running the ball (Army) and it really puts me in a bind on most drives...leads to turnovers...etc.

I'll update later tonight or most likely tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:25 AM   #13
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Ok, made some changes and will test them out now. I'll post back in a bit.

******FYI: I checked the total # of plays through 6 games for a few teams who have also played 6 and 8 minute quarters is spot on for me. CPU teams are avg. right about 67 plays per game (pass attempts, sacks, rushes, punts, FGs) and I was SPOT ON matching them. I checked one team with the same record as me (3-3) and another at 2-4.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:04 AM   #14
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I played a game last night with the level on Varsity but the CPU sliders turned way up and mine turned way down. I had good results and they was only 2 turnovers in the game and both of them was by me.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:40 AM   #15
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah Mike im with you on the running for the cpu. They pass very well against me. Of course im using MTSU so its to be expected. But I can really shut their run down. Which I dont think I should.

My cousin played his game today against Ole Miss. Dont know the exact stats and all. But he went into double OT and won by 3. Big numbers that stood out were 2 ints and 5 fumbles.

Now the 2 ints is ok. He says the cpu QB was hit on one int throw and the other was just a bad pass. I can live with that. But the fumbles were a bit out of place.

His game was a rain game though so I will have to check into that a bit more. Maybe weather plays a bigger factor in the game then I thought it would.

So other than the cpu offense and the fumbles everything seems to be running really well. As far as playing a realistic simulation type of football game !!!

Oh before I forget. I know im really pushing it.................but the lions are going 8-8 this year. GO LIONS!!!

Last edited by DereckM; 07-27-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 09:41 AM   #16
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

I made some more slider changes which I will post in a bit...

What really bothers me about this game are the turnovers. Through 7 games, my team leads the nation in:
Giveaways 35 (2nd place 23)
Interceptions Thrown 20 (tied for 1st)
Fumbles Lost 15 (2nd place 10)
Takeaways 27 (2nd place 22)
Interceptions 21 (2nd place 17)

The INTs are 1/2 my fault and I will get better; not too worried about that one. I AM worried about the AI throwing so many. I'm playing bad teams as Army, but then again I'm a bad team so...

The one piece of good news is that I have 6 fumble recoveries against the CPU. This is about half of what the league leader has at 11. Is this hope that there is a solution to fumbles? I think it is worth noting that the CPU does not fumble as often as I do. Human controlled fumbles are a must improve whether it be sliders or whatever.

***Note: I do have my 3rd string RB starting since my starter went down with an injury and my #2 is redshirted. Granteed, my starter wasn't fairing much better. Both RBs have 70 for carrying...perhaps that's the problem? I hope so! I'd like to hear how the rest of you are doing with fumbles? What are your RBs rated?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »