Home

PS3 AA Sliders (striving for realism!)

This is a discussion on PS3 AA Sliders (striving for realism!) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2007, 11:51 PM   #1
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
PS3 AA Sliders (striving for realism!)

I'm a junkie when it comes to getting realistic results in a game. It's always tough because what do you want to base the realism on, real life, the simmed results, or a bit of both? I have based these sliders on the game's sim engine (stats from a simmed year of dynasty mode) and have found these to be the best to warrant similar results as to what the game simulates during a dynasty. Luckily, the sim engine is very good this year and coincides nicely with real life results. Will these sliders always produce middle of the road statistics? No. You should see highs and lows which should eventually end up matching the sim engine quite well. What fun would it be if all of your games were the same? The true test of any slider set is longevity; how do they feel during the course of a season for instance?

Be patient with any sliders you choose to use and ensure that you give them a fair shake (8-10 games at least?) before deciding if they are right for you. Obviously, in an ideal world everyone would make their own sliders to fit their playing style perfectly. These are mine and they fit me quite well...so far. Sliders are not something that should be static. Never be afraid to adjust sliders to fit your gaming style. As you get better at the game find ways of keeping it realistic (if you're like me) and you'll find the "good times" getting sweeter and much more rewarding when they happen.

So who am I? How would my sliders match you're gaming style? My playing style is what I would call advanced. I'm good at video games but I'm not someone who is about to enter a national tournament, or end up on some crazy ESPN show. I have been playing college since the Bill Walsh days and have always been a stickler for realism. Even if I know I can pull something off, if I consider it cheese I simply will not do it! I hardly ever play online and try to match my skills to that of the AI to not take advantage of any unrealistic weaknesses.

I hope you find these sliders useful and enjoyable. I'd love to see some game results and here about how these are working out for you. Good luck and enjoy! Keep in mind, this game plays quite well about of the box!

------------------------------------------
-All-American
-Injuries ON
-Fatigue ON
-8 minute quarters (just over 120 plays per game which is ideal)
-Play Clock ON
-Crowd Volume kicked up to 100
-Sub out/Sub in all default except:
RB, WR, DT, DE set to 80/90

-Penalties ALL maxed except Clipping is at 70
I would keep clipping at 100 but it starts to take away from the total # of KR and PR you will have throughout the course of a season.

HUMAN OFFENSE
QB Accuracy 45
Pass Blocking 50
WR Catching 50
RB Ability 50
Rub Blocking 15

HUMAN DEFENSE
Awareness 15
Knockdowns 95
Interceptions 0
Break Block 5
Tackling 85

HUMAN SPECIAL TEAMS
FG Power 20
FG Accuracy 50
Punt Power 35
Punt Accuracy 40
Kickoff Power 60 (game averages about 1 touchback/ game for K's with decent power)

CPU OFFENSE
QB Accuracy 50
Pass Blocking 70
WR Catching 45
RB Ability 65
Rub Blocking 90

CPU DEFENSE
Awareness 30
Knockdowns 95
Interceptions 0
Break Block 50
Tackling 50

CPU SPECIAL TEAMS
FG Power 25
FG Accuracy 55
Punt Power 35
Punt Accuracy 40
Kickoff Power 65 (game averages about 1 touchback/ game for kickers with decent power)

Again, these sliders are entirely based on the sim engine during a dyansty. Keep in mind that momentum plays a big role in any NCAA game and 2008 is no different. Usually, the 5 INTs games come from you getting routed and still forcing passes a bit which are punished by the AI when they are rolling the momentum.

The teams you use also play a huge role and you shoud see very different games depending on the matchup and its intangibles.

Last edited by Mike Lowe; 07-28-2007 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Updated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: PS3 AA Sliders (striving for realism!)

Looks like you basically play on default.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:30 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Looks like you basically play on default.
LOL. There's isn't much different there really. Most of the changes are for special teams and I don't know why people are bumping up kickoff power. I dropped mine. The NCAA moved the kickoff back 5 yards so there wouldn't be touchbacks and people keep jacking the slider up to see them. I don't get it. College kickers stink compared to the NFL.

Edit: Maybe its because there is no momentum meter, I don't notice the momentum as much in this game as I did on the PS2.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 07-23-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Ah, I've changed quite a bit but need to update this thread. I will do that shortly as I just got home. I forgot I even posted to this forum!

I've gotten very good results from what I am using now and will post them shortly.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #5
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Ok new ones are posted. I made lots of changes:

-Lowered clipping (too many KO returns/PR being taken away from the team total due to clipping)

-Lowered CPU RB ability because the AI RB's were getting way too many broken tackles and yards after contact (compared to the other teams during a week of dynasty). Run blocking was raised to counter this.

-Numerous other changes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 11:43 PM   #6
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

I'll try these out tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:43 AM   #7
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
LOL. There's isn't much different there really. Most of the changes are for special teams and I don't know why people are bumping up kickoff power. I dropped mine. The NCAA moved the kickoff back 5 yards so there wouldn't be touchbacks and people keep jacking the slider up to see them. I don't get it. College kickers stink compared to the NFL.

Edit: Maybe its because there is no momentum meter, I don't notice the momentum as much in this game as I did on the PS2.
As I mention in my first post, this is to sim the # of touchbacks you see kickers kicking during dynasty mode. As you sim through the season you are going to see more than you probably would in real life. While matching real life is nice, matching the game engine is more important to me even if by a small margin. In all reality, the sim engine matches real life quite well.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:09 AM   #8
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Lowered human kickoff power to 60. Might go lower but I'll see how it goes next.

The rest is looking really good within dynasty mode when compared around the league. Definitely the most realistic results I've ever gotten out of a NCAA game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »