Home

Tfin's Heisman Sliders for 360

This is a discussion on Tfin's Heisman Sliders for 360 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 AM   #1
Rookie

tfin1212's Arena

OVR: 4
Tfin's Heisman Sliders for 360

In an attempt to make this game as real as possible I've spent the past week or so doing nothing but testing every aspect of this gameplay in both "Play Now" and "Dynasty" mode with multiple AI settings, various minute quarters, penalty settings, and sub in/out settings. Here I will post my final Heisman sliders which are absolutely the closest to real I'm able to get and I will now START MY DYNASTY!! A few things...

Right Quarter Length
Eight minute quarters tends to give the best match to average number of plays for each team which in turn gives you realistic stats for games, and eventually seasons, and careers. Ive tried everything from 5-15 minutes, calling quick plays, or letting the play clock tick down to zero. The problem is that the CPU picks plays and snaps the ball fairly quick (usually between :15 - :20 seconds on the play clock) and also doesnt call audibles. So I'd say 7 minutes if you call quick plays and skip post-play cut scenes...and 9 if you call very slow (:0 - :5 on the play clock at snap).

RUN GAME
I think whats important is that you learn you're playbook and find your "go to" plays as well as set good audibles for reading defenses. There are certain run plays that work on certain defensive fronts, and the level of your running back and your patience as a runner will dictate how successful the run game is. Also varying your snap count will neutralize the CPU jumping the snap. Ive been able to rush for 100+ yards on default Heisman against good teams by selecting the right plays at the right time and having a good offensive line. But as in real life its hit and miss...you wont always establish the run the way you like. But if you're patient you make get 1, 1, 2, 1, 3, and 2 yard gains...and then you break for 32 and just like that you're avg is 6 yards per rush. This is realistic...ive played some of the other settings on this forum or on all american and the running is too easy on a good defense.

PASS GAME
For me the pass blocking hasnt been a problem once I LEARNED MY PLAYBOOK. If you stick in the pocket and throw only to open receivers you'll be fine. Yeah, you'll get sacked, but not often once you get comfortable. When I do leave the pocket...I take a quick look for a receiver and then throw it away or run if no one's open. The offensive line in this game is the best ive seen. They create a pocket and the receivers do get open. If you miss their break though, and throw late...youll get picked off. Again...you ust know your plays and get the timing down. As for the picks...everyone has been turning the INTS down and the KNOCKDOWNS up and that messing up games because it allows you to play careless, have less turnovers, and run up scores. Not to mention the defense drops pass after pass after pass. The real way to avoid INTs is to be more careful...take sacks...or throw it away...oh and again...vary the snap count. The good thing about dynasty on this game is how valuable an accurate QB will be. That makes recruiting fun.

DEFENSE
In this game Ive felt the effects of having good team defense and tackling well. When you have good, fast tacklers you can force alot of punts. Its a defensive game this year. Players with high tackle ratings will not miss alot of tackles on Heisman which is good. It pays to vary your pass coverage, not playing alot of man and blitzing constantly...thatll get you killed. Playing good zone and coming up to tackle is good. But if you take INTs down to zero then youll see the CPU completing on you all day.

With all this being said. My sliders are challenging and require you to play smart....be a coach. I will post them tonight. They include penalty setttings, sub in/out and they the most challenging gamelay wise, but still realistic enough to win when you play good and you have a gameplan that you've perfected game after game after game. These arent for the casual..."i want it to be easier to make a bunch of highlights" type of players. I'd love some feedback and I may tweak a few times.

Im on the road for work today but Ill post them late tonight when I get to settle down in my hotel room and play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 02:06 AM   #2
Rookie

tfin1212's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Tfin's Heisman Sliders for 360

Tfin's Heisman Sliders

Level: Heisman
Length: 8 Minutes/Quarter
Injuries: ON
Fatigue: ON

Penalties: With All maxed, except for the following I've had realistic penalties. Some games alot sometimes minimal. It's very important to use the right bumper to vary your snap count. I get a few offsides or encroachments doing this, and you won't have the CPU jumping the snap:

False Start at 75%
Offside at 75%
Holding at 75%
Clipping at 50%

(HUM/CPU)
OFFENSE:

DEFAULT except
RB Ability: 55/55

DEFENSE:

SPECIAL TEAMS (HUM/CPU)

FG Accuracy: 25/25
Punt Power: 40/40
Kickoff Power: 45/45

AUTO SUBS SLIDERS Position - Sub Out/Sub In

OFFENSE
QB - 60/80
HB - 80/90
FB & TE - 60/80
WR - 70/85
OL - 70/80

DEFENSE
DT - 80/85
DE - 70/85
LB - 65/80
CB - 60/80
S - 60/80

Now I know these are simple but the fact is...all the varying of the sliders in this forum is not needed. People are making the game either to easy or too hard when all you have to do is play it. If you play the game realisticly and use what you have these give you realism. This game is truly the best NCAA Ive played in years. With these I play evenly with teams Im evenly rated with (if I play well). I blowout lesser teams (if I play well). And the only time interceptions are a problem, or no running game is a problem is when I play careless and Im not patient in the run game. Ive learned to hold on to the ball when no ones open, and Ive learned to not use the right trigger in running until I find a hole.

Please test these and tell me what you think. My Dynasty is going great. Im Mid Tenn State and Im 2-2 right now. ALL my stats have been realistic. I'll post them if you wanna see. Good luck and please give some feedback
Old 07-25-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Tfin's Heisman Sliders for 360

So basically you think default Heisman is the way to go. Personally I think there are some adjustments that need to be made to Heisman to make it play at its best. I think the RB Ability bumped up is a good idea, I do the same thing.

I've pretty much tried these because I've played on default Heisman, and they are not for me. No, I don't care about 30 highlights a game...no, I don't favor the sliders in my direction as HUM/CPU are the same. Due to your slight changes from default I don't think you're going to get many takers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »