Home

FistofRage's Heisman Sliders(PS2)

This is a discussion on FistofRage's Heisman Sliders(PS2) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2007, 12:45 PM   #17
Rookie

k_reem33's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: FistofRage's Heisman Sliders(PS2)

I've been using these sliders for a couple days now with my Florida State Dynasty and in my games, there are times when the CPU gives me good competition, but usually I am able to just dominate them. In my first game against Clemson, the game was close in the first half, but in the second half, I was able to establish a better running game and coasted to victory. I am noticing a lot of turnovers on both of our parts. Also, kickoff and punt returns are way too easy to score on. You'd think on Heisman this would be difficult, but there was an instance when I was playing UAB and we had back to back kickoff returns for TD (Now how often does that happen). I also ran back a couple of punts too so this might need to be addressed. Also in my game against UAB, running the ball seemed a little bit easy. I had runs of 69 with my WR, and two runs of 75 with my RB. Maybe it was because of the competition I was playing against, but I ended up scoring 66 points against UAB and 59 against Clemson. I do have to admit that these sliders make the game a little tougher but there are times when it seems like it's easier then it's supposed to be.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reem33
I've been using these sliders for a couple days now with my Florida State Dynasty and in my games, there are times when the CPU gives me good competition, but usually I am able to just dominate them. In my first game against Clemson, the game was close in the first half, but in the second half, I was able to establish a better running game and coasted to victory. I am noticing a lot of turnovers on both of our parts. Also, kickoff and punt returns are way too easy to score on. You'd think on Heisman this would be difficult, but there was an instance when I was playing UAB and we had back to back kickoff returns for TD (Now how often does that happen). I also ran back a couple of punts too so this might need to be addressed. Also in my game against UAB, running the ball seemed a little bit easy. I had runs of 69 with my WR, and two runs of 75 with my RB. Maybe it was because of the competition I was playing against, but I ended up scoring 66 points against UAB and 59 against Clemson. I do have to admit that these sliders make the game a little tougher but there are times when it seems like it's easier then it's supposed to be.
Yep and that is what I am going to work on tonight, I have a suspicion about a few things, but I want to test it out.

I restarted my dynasty last night and was beating Georgia with Ok. STate
21-0 three minutes into the game. One thing that has to be done is RB ability for the human may have to be lowered to 5 or even 0. The AI seemed alot tougher in play now mode than in dynasty so I will work on that.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Another game in the books.

#7 Miami - 42
#23 FSU - 7

Kirby Freeman 0/5 2 ints
Robert Marve 22/31 2 td 2 int

Drew Weatherford 7/19 4 ints
Xavier Lee 8/13 1 td 1 int

J. James 13 carries 180 yards 2 td's

A. Smith 9 carries 23 yards

FSU had 7 TO's I had 5. I also had 2 pr for td's with cooper (first 2 since switching to these sliders). Amazingly enough I needed a last minute drive to beat Duke, but dominated this game from the start. I think im benching kirby for the rest of the season. Last year with my AA sliders he was 23 td's 12 ints but this year he is 10 td's 13 ints and less than 50% passing.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:13 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocanes44
Another game in the books.

#7 Miami - 42
#23 FSU - 7

Kirby Freeman 0/5 2 ints
Robert Marve 22/31 2 td 2 int

Drew Weatherford 7/19 4 ints
Xavier Lee 8/13 1 td 1 int

J. James 13 carries 180 yards 2 td's

A. Smith 9 carries 23 yards

FSU had 7 TO's I had 5. I also had 2 pr for td's with cooper (first 2 since switching to these sliders). Amazingly enough I needed a last minute drive to beat Duke, but dominated this game from the start. I think im benching kirby for the rest of the season. Last year with my AA sliders he was 23 td's 12 ints but this year he is 10 td's 13 ints and less than 50% passing.
Defeinitely will see if I can make these a little more challenging and reduce turnovers.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #21
Rookie

Fist how many INTS are you seeing?

I was losing 34-10 in the 4th to GT when i threw my 7th int of the game I got so mad I just shut it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 07:13 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocanes44
Fist how many INTS are you seeing?

I was losing 34-10 in the 4th to GT when i threw my 7th int of the game I got so mad I just shut it off.
I am throwing only 1 or 2 a game. The most I ever picked off was 3, but I only control the DT, so I never go fo a user pick.

If I throw deep, I usually Pump fake first. Also throw your outs and curls as soon as the receiver makes his cut. And sometimes you just have to take the sack or throw it away.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #23
Rookie

I restarted the game and threw 5 td's to 0 ints....
Old 07-28-2007, 08:55 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Sliders, Sliders, get your Red Hot Sliders Here.........

I tested these extensively last night. And changed these so they heavily favor the CPU, but it really gives you a good game. The AI will run the ball and it will take it to the house if you are not careful. The computer also plays good defense, but I didn't have a problem with turnovers. Even with the run sliders for the human put down so low, I was able to have an inside running game and broke some runs to the outside. The computer was able to take angles and the safeties ran down my 93 speed running back on 2 occassions.

As far as passing goes, the AI will still throw a realistic amount of incompletetions. I saw it float the ball long and wide on many occassions. I only threw 2 interceptions last night in a combined 70+ attempts over multiple games. I was sacked a few times and sacked the AI a few times, nothing over the top.

So here they are, remember these will be tough, but these will be fair.

Heisman, 7 minute quarters

Human/AI

QB ACC 35/60
Pass Block 45/50
WR Catch 50/60
Running Back 0/50
Run Block 35/85

Def Aware 5/95
Knock Down 25/99
Int 0/0
Break Block 5/75
Tackle 50/50

FGL 35/0
FGA 5/5
PL 50/50
PA 30/50
KOL 50/50

Enjoy, just make sure you don't force passes and try a few games before you dismiss these. Like I said, they are tough, but they are realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »