Home

FistofRage's Heisman Sliders(PS2)

This is a discussion on FistofRage's Heisman Sliders(PS2) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: FistofRage's Heisman Sliders(PS2)

Ill try these as soon as I get back from the gym.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 12:52 PM   #26
Rookie

Just lost 41-10 to VT.

Kirby Freeman 20/30 1 td 1 int
Ike Whitaker 7/12 2td 0 int

J. James 13 carries 22 yards

K. Lewis 19 carries 172 yards 2 td's
G. Bell 14 carries 144 yards 2 td

As you can see they ran the ball at will against the #1 rush d in the nation....I couldnt run for NOTHING. The pass game is much improved though. Ill give these another shot vs Wake.

Why did you just delete your review ^^^^^

Last edited by Gocanes44; 07-28-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #27
Rookie

Just beat WF 41-6. The only td they had came from a kirby freeman fumble in the endzone. Blocked the PAT. Good to see I can win with these sliders, lol.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:13 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 6

Well I deleted my review to play a few more games. I didn't want to jump to conclusions after one game.

Here are my findings so far. I didn't write stats down but I will begin to for later games should I stay with this set.

I was pummeled by Indiana as Wisconsin, turning the ball over 6 times. P.J. Hill never got going and they were throwing the ball at will.

So I decided to play as USC vs Stanford, and it was a totally different game. I beat up them and was able to do pretty much what i wanted in the passing game, which was such a welcome change. Running the football is quite difficult and I consider that to be the best part of my game. It just seems that the computer always has a guy in the whole waiting and he ALWAYS makes the tackle. When you do get in the open field you can break tackles, which is nice. However, I'd like to be able to do the same within the tackles as a power back just blowing them up.

My final game I only got a half in, I was LSU playing at Tennessee. A good game to see two evenly matched teams. It was just that, 7-7 at the half with their only TD on a pick 6. I was able to get to the outside in the running game because I had a much quicker back than usual. Passing is difficult, but VERY realistic. I just wish that when you threw you could just throw the ball away without actually throwing it away, if that makes sense, so that you don't draw a flag in the pocket.

Overall, I really think these are an accurate challenge... however I think that there could be some changes to benefit the human. The computer passing is spot on as well as the pass rush. However their running game is interesting, it seems that they can get a push up the middle anytime no matter the opposition, but they often they just make silly calls and I can blow it up... Not sure about it really.

On the human side I'd like to see more broken tackles by power backs up the middle. Perhaps this has to do with the tackle slider as the AI can always deliver a crushing tackle sending me backwards... Also, I'd like to be able to show my speed a bit more. I know the issue with pursuit angles, but I think you've overdone it. Perhaps a combination of lowering CPU AWR and an increase in HUM RBA by one?

Just suggestions, but my thoughts will continue to come forward. I like what you have done, but there are areas of improvement.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #29
Rookie

Tried out the new ones and I cant get any semblance of a running with Darren McFadden against N.C. State! Maybe I just suck...
Old 07-28-2007, 03:47 PM   #30
Rookie

I had to move up run block to 45 just to stay out of the negative catagory vs UVA.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:26 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The best way for me to play the run is to be in a 4-3 and put one of the LB's into a spy hot read. It really helps to hold the opposing running back in check. The AI can definitely get a run game going.

I also use alot of slide blocking hot routes with my OL. Its now hard to break 20+ yard runs.

The main reason I have Human run block so low is that it prevents big punt & kick returns all the time.

I think the AI offense is spot on. I wouldn't mess much with the AI offense or Human defense sliders. I say this because I only control the DT so the rest of the defense plays to their natural ability.

If you want to open up the running game, increase human block, but don't decrease awareness or the pursuit angles will get shot.

I am starting my 6 team dynasty tonight.

Oklahoma State
Michigan State
Arizona
ND
CMU
Ole Miss

I'll post the results of the games as they occur.

Keep the feedback coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

One more thing, when you go into dynasty, you need to put run/pass % in for each AI controlled team, many are set to run less than they do in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »