Home

Jistics NCAA 08 AA Sliders (360)

This is a discussion on Jistics NCAA 08 AA Sliders (360) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #33
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Jistics NCAA 08 AA Sliders (360)

I just lost to Marshall 60-59 with Miami. Apparently Marshall can't be stopped from completing any passes as my defense was nowhere to be found. I really hope my next game is better.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:21 PM   #34
MVP

dubplate's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I think I'm gonna check these out,as I'm getting REAL close to selling this game.
The int problem is ruining this game for me. I tried an experiment last night,this is all user settings mind you.....
Awr-0
Knockdowns-100
Int-0

I then went into a "play now" game against Louisville,I was Boston College....
the result?? 4 pics before half
I couldn't believe it.....I really hope there is some kind of fix for this,as this would be a really good game,but the int's are really outta control.
I just wish that you could put some air under passes instead of everything either being a line drive or thrown short.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

I agree with the way the QB's always throw the football on a line, but by mistake in my games I found out that you can control the location of the pass by pressing the "L" in the direction you want the ball to go. This has really helped me in my passing game. I can throw over the middle and get it over the linebackers and in front of the safeties while avoiding so many int's. I know it has been discussed here before, but the passing buttons are so pressure sensitive it is hard to throw a lob on a consistent basis, but it does work. Experiment with different types of throws in practice and it starts to really open up the passing offense. I am by no means a great passer, but I have made improvements in my dynasty by using the "L" for location of throws and the pressure (lob, bullet, etc.) on the buttons has made it very entertaining and enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 08:51 PM   #36
MVP

dubplate's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnottke
I agree with the way the QB's always throw the football on a line, but by mistake in my games I found out that you can control the location of the pass by pressing the "L" in the direction you want the ball to go. This has really helped me in my passing game. I can throw over the middle and get it over the linebackers and in front of the safeties while avoiding so many int's. I know it has been discussed here before, but the passing buttons are so pressure sensitive it is hard to throw a lob on a consistent basis, but it does work. Experiment with different types of throws in practice and it starts to really open up the passing offense. I am by no means a great passer, but I have made improvements in my dynasty by using the "L" for location of throws and the pressure (lob, bullet, etc.) on the buttons has made it very entertaining and enjoyable.

I use the left stick all the time. It never seems to work though.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:03 PM   #37
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Way to go Jistic... I just whupped Virginia in Miami 17-14. Kyle Wright didn't have a fabulous game passing for 189yds. 1td and 4 sacks, Jameel Sewell wasn't much better, but threw for 278yds. 1td and 2 sacks. I couldn't really pressure him until late in the 2nd qtr. The first half was very sluggish for me since I had such a hard time making adjustments on defense plus I was shooting myself in the foot offensively and defensively... mistake after mistake then I just settled down and relied on my OL for protection. I can't really stress my running game that much since I'm lacking when it comes to lead blocking, I think it's a little harder to us at will unlike last years. Other than that... I'm good Jistics
Old 07-25-2007, 09:12 PM   #38
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I just wish that you could put some air under passes instead of everything either being a line drive or thrown short.
I agree,although I have finally gotten a grip on my passing...it's the damn cpu throwing all the ints.
That's why I thought I'd try my experiment,and needless to say it didn't work lol. The only other thing I can think of?? is maybe upping the cpu qb acc,and lowering the wr catch? hell.....I have no idea anymore.

Jistic,I apologize for going off topic in your slider thread,I had no intention of doing that,I just can't believe the cpu int problem and the lack of any concrete slider adjustment to remedy the problem.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-25-2007, 09:31 PM   #39
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Well I was little hesitant about the CPU's AWR being at 20 going in. Over the weekend I finally "got" the passing game in '08 and was starting to shred the D on default AA.

I popped these into my PSU dynasty for my game against Iowa, 7-min quarters instead of nine as Jistic suggests.

I won 59-10, Morelli finished 31-35, 461 yards, 6 td's, 1 int. The interception was my fault, I didn't see the safety sitting in the middle of the field on a post pattern and threw it right at him.

I couldn't run the ball at all which was a bit surprising. It was as if Iowa was in a run defense every single time. I finished with 28 rushes for 59 yards as a team, I did not get sacked at all.

Plus, as I worried, the CPU gets son'd on PA-pass every time w. the awareness this low. I don't remember because I didn't keep track but I don't think I had an incompletion on a PA play.

The good news is that the CPU doesn't make any stupid breaks on balls to pick them off. I've got three videos I'll upload whenever the server starts working properly again - critics of the INT issue will really like what they see in these vids.

In one vid I roll out w. Morelli and lob a pass to my TE cutting across the middle that falls right between four Iowa defenders. A perfect touch pass just out of reach of the defenders and there was no BS move to pick it off or knock it down.

In another I throw a post-corner to my TE and there's an underneath LB chasing a RB going into the flat. The pass to my TE goes right over his head and he doesn't even turn to look at it, let alone make a move to bat it down.

My other concern is the CPU offense. They were awful and couldn't do a thing and Iowa has a pretty darn good offense. Maybe I'm just learning that PSU's defense is ridiculous even though they're only an B+.

These will probably be good for people who have an issue with their passing game. I don't know what I finally did a few days ago but I can pass the ball with ease in this game and I absolutely love the entire passing game. I feel like friggen Tom Brady right now, no matter what the D throws at me I can recognize it immediately and make the proper decision and find the open man.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 07-25-2007 at 09:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-25-2007, 09:34 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I don't know what I finally did a few days ago but I can pass the ball with ease in this game and I absolutely love the entire passing game. I feel like friggen Tom Brady right now, no matter what the D throws at me I can recognize it immediately and make the proper decision and find the open man.
See, it's posts like that the screw me all up. I'll see someone say they finally figured it out and then I'll say, "hmm, I can do it too."

*off to try to figure out passing on default*

Last edited by NoleFan; 07-25-2007 at 09:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »